Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kindle or Nook?

vCash
    When I fall asleep, I really fall asleep. It's like turning off a light switch, BAM! So I do not drive when I am tired for example.

My dad, grandad, and youngest son were/are all the same. How abrupt is it? Well, one day when youngest son was 3, he went to the bathroom before going to bed, and didn't come out. Mr. Ski went in to check on him, and came out laughing like crazy, and said, "You've got to see this!" Sure enough, youngest son was standing up with his pants around his ankles and his head leaning on the toilet seat cover, sound asleep. Literally, out like a light.

So: when I fell asleep, I keeled over on the sofa and landed on the Kindle. Which broke. Nowadays, I have a reading strategy that takes into account possible landing spots

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

I would prefer the former solution because I really wouldn't want to suffer US English and my Kindle would only last as long as I came across the first "color" or "pedophile," at which point it would get hurled against the nearest wall with great force.

(I've just come across "color" in Sophie's World that I am reading at the moment and I got so upset, I needed a double dose of Xanax )
    You must get through a lot of Xanax.

In Ireland we have to buy Kindles from US Amazon as well which is completely seeing as we share a land border with the UK.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    You must get through a lot of Xanax.
    Often, I mix it with valium and alcohol and drink it whilst sitting in a blanket fort and humming Adele's soul-enriching music to myself.

vCash
    I never heard anybody having to "suffer" because they had to read in American English before. That's a bit dramatic, no?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Do you really need a cover for it?

For carrying it around, obviously yes, so it doesn't get scratched or chipped while it's in your bag.

But I mean for reading.

I would much rather be able to just hold it with one hand and not have to flip open anything and not have the rather decent design spoiled by some ugly ass case or skin.

I guess I'd be looking to buy something like this for carrying it around.
    Can't help you with anything else, but if you want a good case for just carrying a Kindle around, I'd suggest something like this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/87760442...=all&ga_facet=

You can throw your encased Kindle into a backpack and cart it around without worrying about it getting banged, crushed or smashed against something. The Kindle slides in and out--no cover at all when you are using it. There are cheaper ones around; I'm sure you can find something similar wherever you are.

Of course, you have to be religious about putting the Kindle away when you are done with it.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Often, I mix it with valium and alcohol and drink it whilst sitting in a blanket fort and humming Adele's soul-enriching music to myself.
    OMG, that sounds so nice!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

moving right along
    vCash
    So. Get your free Nook now when you get a year's subscription to the NY Times - Nook ($19 per month). Kind of an amazing offer.

vCash
    Thanks Prancer, that looks good, even if it's rather on the pricey side. I'll look for similar cases on ze intrawebz.

Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I never heard anybody having to "suffer" because they had to read in American English before. That's a bit dramatic, no?
    Humour (read: winding US FSU posters up) alert.

(Not to confuse with humor )

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910