Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned Member
    vCash
    First off, I don't see anything disrespectful with the OP's description. I'd have said, "Yeah, I'm getting divorced and these cards are going to deactivated by 5P today". Not everyone on the street is an ahole, and some just want to make a connection with people. I think it was nice that he even made an effort to relate to you. Sometimes I'm in a mood when I don't want anyone to talk to me, look at me, smile at me, etc. But if someone does, I recognize it's *my* issue and try to be polite and courteous back.

As for the gym scene, ewww. I have an even worse one. I was at the gym and got into the hot tob. I was in there for about five minutes when one of the guys got out and he had a COLOSTOMY bag attached to him. I was so sickened by it, and probably overheated by then, but I literally vomited. I reported the guy to the gym and made a big scene. Looking back I sorta maybe kind sorta felt sad for the man, but COME ON! A colostomy bag in a public hot tub?! Just yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    They're in the same category as the original post in that they are all gender-sterotyped things that some men feel free to say to women who are complete strangers.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! It's the idea that a perfect stranger has the right to comment on her actions because she is female that I find annoying. There is a sense of entitlement and superiority there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Not everyone on the street is an ahole, and some just want to make a connection with people. I think it was nice that he even made an effort to relate to you.
    He is probably a very nice person. But I just didn't appreciate the comment based on a very incorrect assumption.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    He wasn't the one running and frantically bashing the button to close the elevator door. I've been there and done that. If somebody told me that I looked like a man on a mission, I'd have replied "You bet I am."
    I doubt the OP would have been offended if all he said was, "You look like a woman on a mission." The offense was the assumption of what her mission was about.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash

As for the gym scene, ewww. I have an even worse one. I was at the gym and got into the hot tob. I was in there for about five minutes when one of the guys got out and he had a COLOSTOMY bag attached to him. I was so sickened by it, and probably overheated by then, but I literally vomited.
    I threw up a little in my mouth just reading this. Really disgusting!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I doubt the OP would have been offended if all he said was, "You look like a woman on a mission." The offense was the assumption of what her mission was about.
    A man is furiously banging a button in an elevatior in a golf clubhouse and the other person in the elevator says "You look like you are a man on a mission to play a round of golf." Man says, "I'm not your stereotypical male! I'm here for lunch."
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    Don't forget to say "Bless your Heart" under your breath along with the slight shake of your head.
    Now...that's asking a lot. But it could happen. Usually, "Bless Your Heart" is used for women. But hey.....

vCash
    As for the gym scene, ewww. I have an even worse one. I was at the gym and got into the hot tob. I was in there for about five minutes when one of the guys got out and he had a COLOSTOMY bag attached to him. I was so sickened by it, and probably overheated by then, but I literally vomited. I reported the guy to the gym and made a big scene. Looking back I sorta maybe kind sorta felt sad for the man, but COME ON! A colostomy bag in a public hot tub?! Just yuck.
    Hi Louise,
    I know it may be not hygienical for you, but there is nearly zero chance that something goes out of a colostomy bag. They are made for dayly living. I wouldn't go to a puplic bath just because of the reactions of people like you, but we, that have a colostomy bag, have to live with it and we get used to it. It's the people who don't understand who think it ugly and not hygienical. I'm pretty sure the man felt horrible afterwards. I would have felt very bad after it. We don't want to have a life like this, but sometimes there's no other chance when you're ill to survive. I got mine when I was a 14 year old teenager and believe me: noone ever recognized that I have a colostomy bag. You can't see it and you may know more people who have one as you could think of! I can understand you that it doesn't look nice, but nothing can happen besides of this to you! We try to live a normal life as good as possible, I think the man did so, too?
    Sorry for my bad English!
    Best regards, Luise

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    I know it may be not hygienical for you, but there is nearly zero chance that something goes out of a colostomy bag.
    I am shocked that Louise doesn't know this quite well already.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I'm more shocked that someone would try to get a person banned from a place because of a physical condition. Hearing others chime in to mock is equally shocking.

Thanks for your post Lanie .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456