Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Nadya Sulemon & 12 Kids Fly Business Class

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/437032...entertainment/

She and Kristen Johnson from Third Rock From the Sun got into an argument on a flight from NYC back to LA because her octuplets were out of control before the plane could take off. Sulemon appeared with her octuplets on Friday. I guess NBC paid the freight for business class! I wonder what she got paid for her appearance and what the total cost of the trip + fee cost NBC. Given her estimate of $15,000 a month to sustain her family, I doubt that their fee did that much good. Or for that matter, whether or not she merited that fee.

vCash
    I think that Ann Curry specifically asked the question - you are not getting paid for this appearance, NBC is not paying for this interview. And Nadya answered that was correct, not getting paid.
    I could be wrong or didn't hear it correctly because I was doing something else at the time and was half paying attention

vCash
    I will always be baffled and amazed that these octuplets were born, and appear to still be, healthy and normal.

No thick glasses or worse blindness, no breathing aids, and no other appearance of mental handicap or developmental problems. Looks like one has a stitched up lip, but otherwise those are eight perfectly normal looking and acting children.

So to Nadia, or the man upstairs, or who/whatever enabled this rare miracle.

Kristen Johnston. Meh, big deal, even if it's true. Kristen's a hothead. Headphones exist. Unless they're climbing on me, I'd make due. At least she was allowed to disembark and go get another flight back.

vCash
    Dude....after reading that story, I can't believe I'm siding with the Octomom...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    NBC may have not paid for the interview but they may have promised her really nice rooms and business class travel so she would come. I can't blame her, if I wasn't going to be paid and I was going to have to travel with 8 kids (did she bring the others? so maybe more) then they better make it worth my while, somehow!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    What a noisy, busy bunch of toddlers. I found them grating on my nerves just a few minutes into the interview. No matter what you may say about Sulemon, she deserves full points for patience. She's potty training eight little ones at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    What a noisy, busy bunch of toddlers. I found them grating on my nerves just a few minutes into the interview. No matter what you may say about Sulemon, she deserves full points for patience.
    What choice does she have? Why should she get a pat in the back from the public for doing something that she's supposed to do anyway for a situation that she put herself into.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    What choice does she have? Why should she get a pat in the back from the public for doing something that she's supposed to do anyway for a situation that she put herself into.
    I give credit where credit is due: the fact that she can manage eight toddlers without losing her mind day in day out and be committed to raising her nine kids in total as a single mom is pretty impressive.

As to what choice she has/had, I'm not sure. The doctor who provided her IVF procedure has lost his license, so maybe his practices are questionable and she had a case to sue him? Women who receive IVF don't expect to have eight babies.

It was also her choice and right not to have an abortion, which might have been sensible or desirable to other women given the cost and responsibility of having so many babies.

Perhaps she could have put some of them up for adoption as well. That would have made some childless women or couples very happy and arguably, been better for the children as well.

vCash
    She might not have been "paid" for the interview, but she could have been paid for use of photos or loss of work.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    On another forum there was a story recently about airlines that are adopting a "no children" policy for business and first class. The discussion...lively to say the least. I can only imagine how the idea of flying with Octomom and her funny car kids would impact that debate.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nypanda View Post
    Dude....after reading that story, I can't believe I'm siding with the Octomom...
    I am too.

Those kids are here and I'm just tired of people beating up on Nadya. I hope she finds a way to make a good living for herself and her children. I hope she finds a nice guy who will love her and the children too but that's sadly a tall order I think.

One of the children has a cleft lip I think but other than that they seem a happy, rambunctious bunch of kids. Perfectly normal. I feel for the older siblings of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    She might not have been "paid" for the interview, but she could have been paid for use of photos or loss of work.
    I agree. She was compensated imo one way or another.

It's like some of the jurors from the Casey Anthony case-I believe I heard on one news feed that apparently one juror had his/her whole family flown to Disney World all expenses paid. I hope Sulemon can work out some deal with an interested network to at least help her out with some of her household expenses.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Why should she get a pat in the back from the public for doing something that she's supposed to do anyway for a situation that she put herself into.
    ita

she chose to use her uterus like a clown car over and over when she had no job and no partner, i am tired of seeing people on tv whose only talent is their scientifically enhanced fecundity.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post

It's like some of the jurors from the Casey Anthony case-I believe I heard on one news feed that apparently one juror had his/her whole family flown to Disney World all expenses paid.
    Not to derail this thread, but...why would they fly? It's less than a 2 hour drive.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she chose to use her uterus like a clown car over and over when she had no job and no partner, i am tired of seeing people on tv whose only talent is their scientifically enhanced fecundity.
    How did she pay for the IVF treatment? It doesn't come cheap.

And, it's not her fault that the media started following her around and treating her like a freak show.

4 More Years
    vCash
    How did she pay for the IVF treatment? It doesn't come cheap.

And, it's not her fault that the media started following her around and treating her like a freak show.
    Not sure I agree with that. Didn't she openly express a desire to have a reality show similar to Jon & Kate plus 8? I seem to recall it was her goal to have multiple children by IVF. I believe she welcomed the media attention.

vCash
    I give credit where credit is due: the fact that she can manage eight toddlers without losing her mind day in day out and be committed to raising her nine kids in total as a single mom is pretty impressive.
    BTW, she has six older children; a total of 14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    On another forum there was a story recently about airlines that are adopting a "no children" policy for business and first class. The discussion...lively to say the least. I can only imagine how the idea of flying with Octomom and her funny car kids would impact that debate.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard this. Will be interesting to see if it goes through. My husband and I flew first class to the UK in April with our 9 month old. I was kind of dreading it at first thinking of the other passengers in case she got fussy, but she more or less slept the whole way there and most of the way back. I'm not sure I'd fly first class with a toddler though. I wouldn't enjoy it and the other passengers wouldn't either.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    http://www.boston.com/travel/blog/20...e_bans_ba.html

Looks like only Malaysia Airlines has instituted this so far, but there are other airlines considering it - and I was wrong, it's only first class, not business class. The article says the rule is "no babies", but talks about how irritating children are on flights, so I'm not sure what the age cutoff is, or may be for the other airlines considering a similar rule. IME, tiny babies on flights tend to cry mostly on takeoff and landing, the rest of the time they're not doing much. The young kids are more likely to be disruptive, since it's difficult to quietly entertain a young child in a small cramped space for hours on end.

It still doesn't address what happened here, where children in business class were bothering someone in first class.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    No matter what you may say about Sulemon, she deserves full points for patience.
    And minus a billion points for deliberately choosing to:
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    use her uterus like a clown car over and over when she had no job and no partner
    And I'm with Johnson; I'd be pissed if I paid big bucks for a first-class or business-class seat and had to listen to 12 screaming children.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast