Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    But how badly cheated was Robinson 3A attempt? I have a mental image that she completed the rotations on the ice with a wildly swinging free leg.
    It was a long time ago (2003 Worlds, I believe) and she just threw one or two in at the end of a practice session. I remember her reaction more than anything -- she totally was laughing at her coach after each attempt. I don't recall a wildly swinging free leg...just a cheated landing.

But back on topic. The most impressive jumping I ever saw was Miki Ando in 2004. 3Lz+3Lo, 3F+3Lo, 3T+3Lo, 3T+3T you name it. She was sharing ice with Shizuka Arakawa (who was landing impressive combinations of her own) and I was thought, "Japanese women are going to spank us in a few years." Of course, they did.
    Last edited by all_empty; 07-29-2011 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Argh, I just wrote a long reply and it was deleted.
    Not to take the thread off topic, but that has happened to me: When I hit "submit reply" I got logged off. After logging back in, I tried hitting the "back" button a few times, and my post was still there. I was able to then resubmit it. Hope this works for you if it happens again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post

I think we are talking about CLEAN jumps...... oh and at the french GP in 1991, Kristi skated before midori.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    1992 Albertville Olympics practice, right before the 1:00 minute mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKs7NFGnkOk
    She not only landed it, but made it look so easy! Better than many men.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234