View Poll Results: Will Mao Asada have a better season in 2011/12?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 60.00%
  • No

15 18.75%
  • Too early to tell

17 21.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I am pretty sure it will be a better season for Mao. One thing that Nobuo Sato seems to be good at is bringing Mao's expectations of herself to a more reasonable level. In a recent interview she said that they didn't decide whether to include a triple axel in her program next year (it was unclear which program she was talking about) since she didn't start practicing the jump yet. I think they will focus on things she can do first and will be adding difficulty gradually when she is ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I expect her to skate in Pyongchang 2018 and finish just off the podium like Suguri did in 2006.
    Do you mean Sochi? Or do you really think that Asada in 2018 will remain one of Japan's top three ladies? Because that would be a phenomenal achievement in my mind, given the general depth of talent they seem to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I am pretty sure it will be a better season for Mao. One thing that Nobuo Sato seems to be good at is bringing Mao's expectations of herself to a more reasonable level. In a recent interview she said that they didn't decide whether to include a triple axel in her program next year (it was unclear which program she was talking about) since she didn't start practicing the jump yet. I think they will focus on things she can do first and will be adding difficulty gradually when she is ready.
    Good. I hope she works on rotating all her other jumps first and then maybe the triple axel. (I also hope she gets the triple flip triple loop combo back because that will get her more points than a triple axel double toe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12