View Poll Results: Will Mao Asada have a better season in 2011/12?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 60.00%
  • No

15 18.75%
  • Too early to tell

17 21.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Will 2011/12 be a better season for Mao Asada?

2010/11 was a season of experimentation for Mao in which she set about changing aspects of her jumping technique and other areas, etc. She did this knowing full well that her results in competitions may suffer during the 2010/11 season, but it was done with an eye on the 2014 Olympics. However, will this ultimately pay off and will her results improve for the 2011/12 season?

vCash
    Seriously hoping it is. Haters remain pressed.

vCash
    I think it'll probably be better than last season (that was pretty bad, for her), but maybe still not her best.. I'm hoping I'm wrong about the second part though

vCash
    I hope her season is better than last. I'm still not sure she'll be exactly where she wants to be but I hope there is some improvement.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Mao will continue to struggle as long as she focuses on 3axels that she is unable to cleanly land. She will have some good skates and win but I think it will all come down to luck on whether or not those good skates happen at the big events.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Blergh
    vCash
    If Mao is serious about improving her jump technique, then I certainly hope so. It'll be a great example for others if an established skater decides to work on having more correct technique and actually succeeds in doing so.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    My answer is NO, because I don't want to jinx her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieSix View Post
    Seriously hoping it is. Haters remain pressed.
    Second that!

vCash
    I hope it is!

vCash
    I am sure that it will be a better season then last, since she last year simply had too many changes at the same time. not to mention that she begun those changes very late in the season and her weight loss at worlds definitely effected her too. since she clearly improved from every competition as the season went by and as her new technique has become much more familiar to her.
    but how well it will go this season will be interesting to see, i really hope that she has regained her good condition so that we will see her in top form again from the beginning off the season...

vCash
    I hope it is, because she has beautiful skating. I hope she can work on her Flip and Lutz because incorrect edges are my pet peeve. I also hope she brings her old spiral back even though it won't get her more points because I thought that it was the best spiral sequence post Sasha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I hope it is, because she has beautiful skating. I hope she can work on her Flip and Lutz because incorrect edges are my pet peeve. I also hope she brings her old spiral back even though it won't get her more points because I thought that it was the best spiral sequence post Sasha.
    asada doesn't have an incorrect edge on the flip only on the lutz and she is already working on correcting that one

vCash
    Well, her triple lutz wasn't really any better in 2011. But her triple flip is nice. I thought she lipped it from the camera angle.
    I hope she can rotate all her jumps as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Well, her triple lutz wasn't really any better in 2011. But her triple flip is nice. I thought she lipped it from the camera angle.
    I hope she can rotate all her jumps as well.
    She doesn't lip. lol. In fact, her edge on the flip is quite deep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    She doesn't lip. lol. In fact, her edge on the flip is quite deep.
    Yeah, but the angle that I saw her flip from made it look like it was a bad edge.

vCash
    I expect her to skate in Pyongchang 2018 and finish just off the podium like Suguri did in 2006.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I expect her to skate in Pyongchang 2018 and finish just off the podium like Suguri did in 2006.
    no one has asked you about where you think mao asada will place 2018 heck we do't even know if she is going to attend that one, the question is if this season i going to be better for mao!!! but from you're comment jst now i already know what you are going to answer!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    no one has asked you about where you think mao asada will place 2018 olympics heck we don't even know if she is going to attend that one, the question is if this season i going to be better for mao!!! but from you're comment jst now i already know what you are going to answer!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    no one has asked you about where you think mao asada will place 2018 olympics heck we don't even know if she is going to attend that one, the question is if this season i going to be better for mao!!! but from you're comment jst now i already know what you are going to answer!!
    I really don't remember anything she did last season hence I couldn't comment her next season either.

I just have a hunch that she will stick around long enough to become a Suguri 2.0, that's all.

vCash
    I didn't realize that Suguri had achieved a world championship.

Well, of course, she didn't, which is why the comparison to Mao is silly. Mao has much more talent and has already achieved far more than Suguri did.

I expect her to come back strongly this season, now that she's back in a coaching environment that is a good fit for her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast