Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    2011 TEB - Kiira Korpi's triple lutz should have been downgraded or at least under-rotated in the FS.

See here at the 5:30 mark.
    Last edited by Jenna; 07-13-2011 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    2011 TEB - Kiira Korpi's triple lutz should have been downgraded or at least under-rotated in the FS.

I remember arguing with you about this when it happened and I thought you disagreed with me? Welcome to the dark side

That was a really infuriating call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Is this the one that Irina won over Michelle? Or did that happen in December 2001? With all due respect to Irina, I felt she was overmarked & the title should have gone to Michelle.
    Yeah, it was the 2001-2002 season GPF ,which had to be held in December that year. Irina should have been at best third

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    I remember arguing with you about this when it happened and I thought you disagreed with me? Welcome to the dark side

That was a really infuriating call.
    I did, but I re-watched it and I've changed my mind! It wasn't a good call.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

That was one of the many obvious in real time calls that happened during the season but was somehow not seen, yet they can see a UR on the next skater who was not even close to being that underrotated.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Don't remember the exact year (1990 or 91?), but Kurt Browning won Trophee Lalique over Vascheslav Zagorodniuk. Kurt's program was one of his worst ever! I think he landed two triples and screwed up every other jump. Zag skated lights out and still lost. This was one time I agreed with Scott Hamilton's ranting and raving about the result.
    Last edited by skateboy; 07-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Don't remember the exact year (1990 or 91?), but Kurt Browning won Trophee Lalique over Vascheslav Zagorodniuk. Kurt's program was one of his worst ever! I think he landed two triples and screwed up every other jump. Zag skated lights out and still lost. This was one time I agreed with Scott Hamilton's ranting and raving about the result.
    1991. He injured his back during that skate and there went the Olympic hopes...

vCash
    Funny I was in Kitchener for that GPF and don't even remember who was on the podium in the ladies event or who even competed there.

I remember being thrilled that B&K won the gold... only the ice dance event stands out for me there. Oh and I remember liking S&P's 'Orchid' program.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

Yes, that was a horrible oversight on the part of the technical panel not to catch that obvious error.

vCash
    2001 Worlds - Men - Todd deserved nothing less than the silver medal here.
    Oooops, I've always felt Tim Goebel deserved to be higher than Todd Eldredge at this competition

vCash
    ^ While I fully respect Alexei Y.'s Olympic win in 2002, I felt the 2001 Men's podium at Worlds should have been Plushy, Todd, & Timmy, in that order.

vCash
    ^ While I fully respect Alexei Y.'s Olympic win in 2002, I felt the 2001 Men's podium at Worlds should have been Plushy, Todd, & Timmy, in that order.
    oki, so, we almost agree, since I had the feeling that Tim Goebel deserved a medal. But Alexei Yagudin was my favorite skater at this competition, so, I was really really happy to see him on the podium ! lol

vCash
    2010 worlds Ladies free...Mao being score second to a Yuna who was really disappointing and lifeless...yuna taking the silver with those programs (If it was another skater she would have been not as high as tenth place)...lepisto taking the bronze with a three triple long when both miki ando and carolina kostner skated two flawless programs with more quality than laura's...I was at the arena and everything was a joke..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    2010 worlds Ladies free...Mao being score second to a Yuna who was really disappointing and lifeless...yuna taking the silver with those programs (If it was another skater she would have been not as high as tenth place)...lepisto taking the bronze with a three triple long when both miki ando and carolina kostner skated two flawless programs with more quality than laura's...I was at the arena and everything was a joke..
    Yuna did LANDED 5Triples including 3L-3T How is that so disppointing? And also I belived your favorite skater mao also landed 5 triples.
    Last edited by Lookingood; 07-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    I 'd have to say 1994 Olympic Ladies was a competition where I was happy with the results at the time, but looking back on it ...it REALLY does not hold up
    Totally agree, and I also would say the exact same thing about 1998. Happy then, looking back not so much.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    There was no way the winner of 2010 should have been quadless.
    So does that mean that the winner of 2014 should have a quint? Otherwise, it's not a real sport, right? And none of the other elements matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingood View Post
    Yuna did LANDED 5Triples including 3L-3T How is that so disppointing? And also I belived your favorite skater mao also landed 5 triples.
    Mao landed 6 triples including two 3 axels (one was underrotated I think...) but her program was clean while yuna's wasn't...she had a fall and completely popped the axel...mao's step are far superior than yuna's...Yuna had no spirit, no wish to compete, she didn't skate well at all! After the fall and the popped jumps she took a lot of time to recover, like she wanted to stop, but they gave her the highest components...
    Btw, Mao is not my favourite, she was just better! This is a thought that all the area where I was sit had...

vCash
    After she fell 3S She landed beautiful triple lutz.. What do you mean she wanted to stop? are you her Brain or something?
    Last edited by Lookingood; 07-18-2011 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    The crazy thing about 1994 is that there should have been other ladies in contention besides Nancy and Oksana. But let's just judge the two against each other. Oksana is justified as winning because she was more artistic and the artistic mark is the tiebreaker. The tiebreaker - meaning, the technical aspects of two skaters are identical before factoring in artistry. But Nancy did a 3/3 and a 3/2, Oksana did no combos, ok, she did a 2A/2T. Then Scott Hamilton goes "She did five triples, all different!!" but Oksana's 3F was two footed. Their technical skating wasn't in the same realm. The good things about Oksana's performance was that she was very fast, her 3z was insanely high, she had the donut spin and was overall more fun to watch vs. Nancy's cheesy artistry. But do these things excuse Oksana's errors? No, they don't. What the scores were basically saying is that shaking tail feathers is worth more than a cleanly executed program with 3/3 and 3/2 combo. It's amazing that judging that is so blatantly wrong can't be fixed somehow.

The other thing that bothers me about Oksana is that she did the same LP in 1994 that she did in 1993. So this means that Oksana only had one senior LP her entire career!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingood View Post
    After she fell 3S She landed beautiful triple lutz.. What do you mean she wanted to stop? are you her Brain or something?
    Yes, of course I am
    Read better...I wrote LIKE she wanted to stop...Watch the video...the reaction after the fall and her face after the popped axel gave me that impression! She could have landed another 3-3 but my idea wouldn't have changend!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast