Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 260
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    2002 Europeans Men: Abt should've won!
    2002 Olympics Pairs and Ladies: B/S and Slutskaya should've won.
    2003 Europeans Ladies: Slutskaya was sooooo gifted. Sokolova had the better LP:
    2003 Worlds Ladies and Ice Dance: I preferred Sokolova and L/A.
    2004 Worlds Men: OK, Worlds were in Germany but I still think Stéphane Lambiel was better than Stefan Lindemann that night.
    2005 (?) Russian Nationals Men: Alexander Uspenski was robbed of a medal, Griazev and Lezin were seriously gifted.
    2005 Europeans Ladies: Pöykiö should've won. Slutskaya was extremely gifted.
    2006 Olympics Ladies: Cohen was gifted, should've been 3rd or 4th.
    2010 Olympics Men: Lysacek's OGM is a big joke.
    2011 Worlds Ice Dance: Shibs in 3rd?!
    Who should've beaten Evan? Even jump king Plushenko faltered with several shaky landings and Takahashi had two errors.

    The Shibs were 3rd because P/B fell down, so again, I don't see a problem with the judging.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Who should've beaten Evan? Even jump king Plushenko faltered with several shaky landings and Takahashi had two errors.

    The Shibs were 3rd because P/B fell down, so again, I don't see a problem with the judging.
    Right about this.. P/B were slated for third and had a MAJOR error which barely prevented them from finishing third, so not much of an issue with that.. As for Evan, he barely won so even with Plushenko's miscues, he barely missed winning again, so how is that a problem with the judging? They were ready to hand it to Plushy again..

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Poorly judged usually depends whether your favourite wins or not.

    However in relation to your question over 2001 Worlds, A&P probably had two of their poorest programs that year. Frankly they were pretty crap and were no where good as they had been 12 months previously. As much as I personally didn't like F-P&M, they skated really well and I thought their OD that year was really good. They probably captured the latin flavour better than any other team. It was a case of F-P&M were the best of a bad bunch.
    Interesting you said that, because A/P's FD that year was actually my favorite from them. I do think F-P/M should have won the OD though - but that year's OD wasn't Latin. F-P/M skated their program very well, but technical and artistically it was inferior to A/P's. That's just my thinking though.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yeah I agree, but back then the downgrade penalty was way more severe and her 3A and 3F were downgraded. Still, I thought she should have won a medal.
    And Kostner should have finished WAY off the podium, not less than 1 point away from winning the title.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,163
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    2010 Olympics Men's SP where doing a quad triple as a combo meant nothing and in the LP where doing a quad triple meant nothing. Worst event ever.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    4,742
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3655
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    2010 Olympics Men's SP where doing a quad triple as a combo meant nothing and in the LP where doing a quad triple meant nothing. Worst event ever.
    Huh...I never would have guessed that you disagree with the results. Nothing in your posting history implies it...
    Team Peeps!

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    2010 Olympics Men's SP where doing a quad triple as a combo meant nothing and in the LP where doing a quad triple meant nothing. Worst event ever.
    Here we go again. Whee!

  8. #28
    Blergh
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17507
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Right about this.. P/B were slated for third and had a MAJOR error which barely prevented them from finishing third, so not much of an issue with that.. As for Evan, he barely won so even with Plushenko's miscues, he barely missed winning again, so how is that a problem with the judging? They were ready to hand it to Plushy again..
    Also, I remember that the PCS numbers indicated that the judges were ready to give it to Takahashi and Lambiel had they delivered, but I'm unsure of that.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 07-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    1998 OG ice dance
    2004 WCh ice dance

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Zamboni room
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    2011 Men's US Nationals and Bradley's gold medal where BOTH of his quads were ratified.

    2010 Ladies' Olympic SP results with Ando's UR 3flip being ratified along with Flatt's atrocious Lutz attempt. Nagasu, and even Kostner with fully rotated jumps, albeit a hand down on the Lutz, should have been ahead of both of them in the SP, IMO.
    Of course, neither of these decisions involved "poor judging."

    And the SkateGods said to them, “Render to judges the things that are the judges', and to the technical panel the things that are the technical panel's." Button 12:17


  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Also, I remember that the PCS numbers indicated that the judges were ready to give it to Takahashi and Lambiel had they delivered, but I'm unsure of that.
    Right. Takahashi rightfully had the highest PCS in the free skate, followed by Lambiel.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,556
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1101
    2004 who was on the podium again for ice dance after N&K? I can't even remember. Was it Belbin & Agosto? lol Shows how much I cared about that year after B&K retired/ split up.

    I didn't have a problem with the top 2 teams in '98 Oly's. I di have a problem with A&P winning Oly bronze. I understand B&K screwed up on the GW and their OD was crap so I guess the only other option would be L&A being bronze medalists.

    Don't get me wrong, I loved A&P's program but barely doing anything but kneeling on ice for the 1st minute of your program doesn't deserve a bronze in my books, never mind faltering in the OD to boot.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    2004 who was on the podium again for ice dance after N&K? I can't even remember. Was it Belbin & Agosto? lol Shows how much I cared about that year after B&K retired/ split up.
    N-K won with "Pink panter" over Denkova-Staviisky Hendel masterpiece FD.

    And 2006 ECh in Lion. Audience were so unhappy with N-K gold andDelobel-Shonfelder 4th place

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    N-K won with "Pink panter" over Denkova-Staviisky Hendel masterpiece FD.

    And 2006 ECh in Lion. Audience were so unhappy with N-K gold andDelobel-Shonfelder 4th place
    The audience barely clapped for N-K and G-G, but roared for D-V anytime they had the chance and then booed the tech controller and tech specialist and everyone else that they felt had a hand in D-V finishing third.. LOL.. I loved it.. NB-K and G-G kinda "knew" they just weren't going to get any love... How about the 2000 or 2001 NHK where a sloppy Slutskaya beat and clean and sharp Butryskaya? That was ridiculous...

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,556
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1101
    When I think of D&S I think of their '03 OD to Baroque music. That to this day is one of my all time favourite OD's ever.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,858
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3094
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    1999 Worlds pairs result comes to mind.
    B/S made mistakes but were awarded gold over S/Z who skated 2 clean programs. At the time, S/P were not even in the picture and S/Z were considered closest rivals of B/S.
    Actually, S&Z had a hand down on their throw in the SP and weren't clean.

    I thought that this result was fair either way, but was surprised that B&S won so decisively (7-2 IIRC) what was so strange was that it was the North American judges who really seemed to ream S&Z ( a 5.7 for technical merit from the American judge). Pretty much all of the judges/ coaches /skaters I knew who used to post on the boards/newsgroups/mailing lists back in the day were pretty adamant that the judges got it right.

    I 'd have to say 1994 Olympic Ladies was a competition where I was happy with the results at the time, but looking back on it ...it REALLY does not hold up
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 07-09-2011 at 08:48 PM.

  17. #37
    Click me with your mouse
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rude Europe
    Posts
    4,051
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1153
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    The audience barely clapped for N-K and G-G, but roared for D-V anytime they had the chance and then booed the tech controller and tech specialist and everyone else that they felt had a hand in D-V finishing third.. LOL.. I loved it.. NB-K and G-G kinda "knew" they just weren't going to get any love... How about the 2000 or 2001 NHK where a sloppy Slutskaya beat and clean and sharp Butryskaya? That was ridiculous...
    2006 Euros was the most memorable (and not in a good way!) medal ceremony I have ever experienced. I was actually afraid for Bob Horen and everyone else involved. I wasn't crazy about the results, but Delobel & Schoenfelder did have a fall in the compulsory. Even with a fall, I think they were superior to Grushina & Goncharov, and Drobiazko & Vanagas certainly should have been higher.

  18. #38
    Fetalized since 1998
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Waving my Adam banner
    Posts
    2,523
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10131
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    When I think of D&S I think of their '03 OD to Baroque music. That to this day is one of my all time favourite OD's ever.
    Me, too. It was a masterpiece.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,770
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    1987 NHK. It's absolutely criminal that Witt won over Harding and Ito.

    2008 US Nationals: Men and Women.

    2001/2002 GPF. Lots of arrange outcomes.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,770
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Who should've beaten Evan? Even jump king Plushenko faltered with several shaky landings and Takahashi had two errors. .
    Takahashi. Evan also had two errors on both 3A's that were way overlooked by the technical panel. His slow skating, rushed positions, and complete lack of rhythm do not justify PCS scores anywhere near the other top men.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •