Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    From what I read Mrs. Ford was quite anti-conservative in her young days and later too. She was a ballerina, a divorcee, pro-abortion, pro-women’s rights, she even drank a little bit, and who knows what else.…. ……. What a cool Republican!

R.I.P.!:

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    From what I read Mrs. Ford was quite anti-conservative in her young days and later too. She was a ballerina, a divorcee, pro-abortion, pro-women’s rights, she even drank a little bit, and who knows what else.…. ……. What a cool Republican!

R.I.P.!:
    Yes, she was one amazing and classy lady. She danced with Martha Graham, was a leading supporter and spokeswoman for the ERA, and publicly supported a woman's right to choose abortion. I admired her courage in going public with her breast cancer and her addiction to pain pills. Here was a First Lady who helped so many people by being open and honest.

Even though it is sometimes the punchline for comedians, The Betty Ford Center has done a tremendous amount of good and not just for the rich and famous.

R.I.P.

vCash
    She helped remove the stigma from breast cancer and seeking help for substance abuse. RIP, Mrs. Ford. You did more than your share to make America a better place.

vCash
    My favorite memory of Betty Ford

(If you've never seen it before, you should know that there's a long lead-in, but it's worth it.)

vCash
    RIP, Betty. What a great lady!

Nice tribute from Stevie Nicks

If it were not for you, Betty Ford, I would be dead. Absolutely. So all the songs that I have written since I was here, I dedicate to you. All the songs, and all the poems, and the shows and all the amazing things I got to do between 1985 and now is because of you.'

Just me
    vCash
    Mrs. Ford was a brave, classy lady. The world will be a little less bright with her gone. RIP
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12