Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    R.I.P.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Thank goodness for her honesty and openness and courage in talking about her addictions publicly and helping to remove shame from diseases. RIP, dear Betty.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    R.I.P, brave lady

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Agreed, she has left a lasting legacy that has helped innumerable people.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    RIP, Betty Ford.

vCash
    Always liked her. RIP.

vCash
    RIP. 93...nice long life. She left her mark in this world, and it was a positive one.

Quadless
    vCash
    It's a sad day. May she RIP.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    She was one classy lady. Handling her addictions in such a public manner. A life well lived
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Always loved her. A wonderful lady with a sense of humor, too. She will be greatly missed.

vCash
    Truly saddened to hear of her passing. A brave and inspiring woman who was easily decades ahead of her time in so many ways. Her legacy of using her own life experience to help others will thankfully continue to live on.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Betty Ford was one of the finer First Ladies of the US in the latter half of the 20th Century (too bad her husband was such a boob ).

She lived to a wonderful 93 years of age and created a lasting legacy with her openness about addictions and was IMO at the forefront of putting drug rehabilitation on the map of public society and diminishing the shame with which it was previously associated.

Condolences to her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren…..May she RIP.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    She lived to a wonderful 93 years of age and created a lasting legacy with her openness about addictions and was IMO at the forefront of putting drug rehabilitation on the map of public society and diminishing the shame with which it was previously associated.
    ITA. At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, back in the day it was so shameful to go to rehab or to have an addiction, and if you were in that situation or someone in your family was in that situation, you certainly didn't let anyone else know about it. For a lot of people it was really for her to be so public about her problems, but her honesty did an incredible amount to let people know that these things could happen to anyone - even in a rich and prominent family - and that there was no shame in confronting your problems and working to deal with them.

She also was very forthright about her bout with breast cancer, and again this did a great deal to show people that it could happen to anyone and that it could be confronted.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    RIP. She seemed like a really nice lady.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, back in the day it was so shameful to go to rehab or to have an addiction, and if you were in that situation or someone in your family was in that situation, you certainly didn't let anyone else know about it. For a lot of people it was really for her to be so public about her problems, but her honesty did an incredible amount to let people know that these things could happen to anyone - even in a rich and prominent family - and that there was no shame in confronting your problems and working to deal with them.

She also was very forthright about her bout with breast cancer, and again this did a great deal to show people that it could happen to anyone and that it could be confronted.
    Excellently put.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    ITA. At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, back in the day it was so shameful to go to rehab or to have an addiction, and if you were in that situation or someone in your family was in that situation, you certainly didn't let anyone else know about it. For a lot of people it was really for her to be so public about her problems, but her honesty did an incredible amount to let people know that these things could happen to anyone - even in a rich and prominent family - and that there was no shame in confronting your problems and working to deal with them.

Well put! :respec

Rehab is seemingly so common these days. I think the overwhelming response is 'whatever' or indifference when one hears of yet another celebrity going into rehab. Betty truly was a pioneer and a very brave lady.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    She was a wonderful First Lady and a all around classy woman. RIP Betty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayj View Post
    Truly saddened to hear of her passing. A brave and inspiring woman who was easily decades ahead of her time in so many ways. Her legacy of using her own life experience to help others will thankfully continue to live on.
    She was an amazing woman; and great example of courage and fortitude, in so many ways.
    Her legacy will continue, through the millions of people she helped through her lifetime of service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast