View Poll Results: Who will win the ladies Grand Prix final?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mao Asada

33 19.30%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

49 28.65%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

8 4.68%
  • Mirai Nagasu

33 19.30%
  • Rachael Flatt

3 1.75%
  • Alissa Czisny

18 10.53%
  • Carolina Kostner

9 5.26%
  • Akiko Suzuki

2 1.17%
  • Kiira Korpi

1 0.58%
  • Alena Leanova

1 0.58%
  • Kanako Murakami

5 2.92%
  • Other

9 5.26%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Who will win the ladies Grand Prix Final?

This season we have a potentially somewhat bizarre situation in the ladies section in which the Grand Prix final could be more competitive than the World Championships. This is because both Adelina Sotnikova and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva make there senior debuts in the Grand Prix, but will not be able to take part in the World Championships. Of course, Miki Ando and Kim Yu Na will be at the World Championships, but will be entering the competition cold without much competitive skating behind them. Kim was a completely different skater at the 2011 Worlds than the skater who won the 2010 Olympic title due to lack of competitive skating. This is an all too similar situation to what we had during the 2005/06 season in which Mao Asada was clearly the best skater, but was barred from competing at the 2006 Olympics and Worlds. In my view, the Age Eligibility Rules should be relaxed by 1 year as this is clearly an absurd situation - nevertheless, that's a subject for another time.

I think both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are in with a very strong chance of winning the Grand Prix final - both have powerful triple-triple combinations. Whatever happens, I think this years Grand Prix is going to be far more interesting than last years due to their presence, as last years had to be one of the most boring ever. Whatever happens, I just hope Mao Asada is back to her best.

So who will win the Grand Prix final? Am restricted to 12 nominations so could not fit in Makarova, Phaneuf, Helgesson, and others (including Lepisto as she remains an injury doubt - although I read somewhere that she has now recovered - but seems to be some doubt) in to the list of nominations. Please vote 'other' if wish to vote for one of these others
    Last edited by Maofan7; 07-24-2011 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    I think it's a bit too early to tell. Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva both have strong 3-3s and a lot of potential but their skating is still a bit juniorish right now. Who knows how (or if) improved the other senior ladies will be this season. The one thing they all have over the two new Russians is experience. I think we will have an interesting GPS this season but I'm not willing to make any bets on who will actually win the GPF until I see them skate.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    I am not sure. It is totally wide open, and would have been totally wide open even if Ando and a seemingly disinterested Kim had competed (of course the Kim of 2009-2010 would trash all current women including Ando and Sotnikova at this point but who knows when we will see that Kim again, if ever). Rest assured regardless who wins the GPF that Worlds will be wide open too, unless someone who is not underaged totally lights up the GP series and final.

I think Asada might be done although I hope I am wrong.

Will Nagasu finally fulfill her potential.

How will the Russian babies debut as Seniors.

How will the erratic European brigade pan out, especialy the elder Russians who are now feeling the heat from the Russian babies coming up.

I dont even really care who wins so much, I just want someone, anyone, to step it up and revive womens skating. Last year was the worst year for womens skating since 1982. Someone needs to step up and take control again, and set the bar for others.

vCash
    it's still to early to tell we haven't seen any off these skaters ad don't know how there condition is, but assuming everyone is in there best condition then i think it would be mao asada that would win it...

vCash
    The thing is in terms of maturity we need to wait and see what Adelina and Elizaveta's programs look like. I'm not so sold on the clip of Elizaveta's program.

Adelina though is already a very lovely skater for her age, and she might have some very big programs. I have no doubt that Sotnikova is going to be a beautiful skater

vCash
    I picked Kostner. I have a wierd feeling she is gradually gaining some consistency and hopefully she is now healthy enough to start doing all the big jumps again, including triple lutzes and triple-triples.

vCash
    I picked Mao. I think she'll come back with her jumps revamped and ready to go! Kostner and Nagasu are my other early picks for medals.

Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will probably make the final, but I just don't think they'll score in the same PCS range as the above three. I could be wrong. They're both really solid.

vCash
    Wow, Sotnikova is the favorite to win the GPF even before she makes her senior debut. How about that. I must say I'm surprised.

vCash
    I pick Alissa, it's in Canada

vCash
    Gutted that Jenna Mckorkell didn't make the list

94.500.000 kílómetrar frá sólinni (og enn frekar frá stjarnfræðilegur læsi).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Gutted that Jenna Mckorkell didn't make the list
    Well, I'm gutted that Joanne Conway lost the British title to Emma Murdoch during the 1989-90 season; there are some things one just has to live with.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    predicting before we see them skate--wow, can't believe it.
    i would like to see them skate in competition at least once.
    you can't judge by shows for some skaters-now it is too early, alot of them need work/practice.
    more like who would prefer /like to win the GPF final. not who will win based on competition.
    for that i would go i would like to see alissa, mao, both russian ladies win-like i don't have a preference but who will win, as i stated have to see skate in competition this year before i decide. for me too early.
    just anyone really as this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    predicting before we see them skate--wow, can't believe it.
    i would like to see them skate in competition at least once.
    you can't judge by shows for some skaters-now it is too early, alot of them need work/practice.
    more like who would prefer /like to win the GPF final. not who will win based on competition.
    for that i would go i would like to see alissa, mao, both russian ladies win-like i don't have a preference but who will win, as i stated have to see skate in competition this year before i decide. for me too early.
    just anyone really as this point.
    Here are some links to Sotnikova's and Tuktamysheva's performances at the 2011 Junior Worlds and the 2010 Junior Grand Prix final:-

Adekina Sotnikova - Junior Worlds 2011 - LP

Adelina Sotnikova - JGPF 2010 - SP

Adelina Sotnikova - JGPF 2010 - LP

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Junior Worlds 2011 - SP

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Junior Worlds 2011 - LP

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - JGPF 2010 - SP

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - JGPF 2010 - LP

I think on the basis of these performances, they are going to be tough to beat in the forthcoming senior Grand Prix series

There are plenty of other videos of them on YOU TUBE in competitions going back several years
    Last edited by Maofan7; 07-25-2011 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    I am looking for Mirai to medal- I hope this is the year when she starts fulfilling her great promise. Win? No clue.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    things happen, things change from year to year.
    i still will wait to see everyone skate in at least one gp event this year before i make my decisions on who will win.

sometimes the skater and competition clicks/sometimes they don't.
    judging from junior gp events to senior while might be same, the difference is the senior gp event sometimes are judged a bit harsher/differently.
    while i agree the two young russian skaters will be competitive on senior circuit how well they do depends on how well they skate

like i stated anyone at this point. predicting is still to early for me anyway

vCash
    I am betting on Tuktamysheva having a quite consistent 3axel in addition to her 3/3s next season and winning the whole thing.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I think Asada is done.

Although I probably should have more belief in Nobuo Sato.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Well, I'm gutted that Joanne Conway lost the British title to Emma Murdoch during the 1989-90 season; there are some things one just has to live with.

vCash
    I still have belief that if Mao can fix her edges and her rotation issues (I know it's a lot, but Sato is shooting for 2014, so we'll probably start to see a little progress soon and much more progress in 2013 and 2014) she can definitely be a factor for a medal.

BTW, besides the triple lutz triple toe, what others 3/3's does Tuktamysheva have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am betting on Tuktamysheva having a quite consistent 3axel in addition to her 3/3s next season and winning the whole thing.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I think Asada is done.

Although I probably should have more belief in Nobuo Sato.
    how can you say she is done when she proved everyone wrong and showed to incredible performances at nationals and 4cc!!!

and even a "done" Asada is still better the the rest of the field just compare mao's score at worlds where her psychical condition was horrible with the highest score someone like Tuktmashewa had scored and you will see that even when mao is in horrible condition she is still better then most of the others.
    especially now that she has had more time to adjust to all her changes, I really wouldn't rule her out, she really is one scary competitor...

vCash
    Interesting to see the disparity between the votes given to Adelina and Liza, although I do feel Adelina is the better competitor as of now.

As for Mao, I just hope she comes back and prove her doubters wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast