Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    We haven't even seen the program yet! Give it a chance.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I like Funny Face for them. It'll be nice to see them continue to explore new styles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I like Funny Face for them. It'll be nice to see them continue to explore new styles.
    New style? Dont know.... Happy Tessa didnt choose this music for her OG FD

vCash
    I love this and since they are going to trophée Eric bompard i bet on "Bonjour, Paris"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIJjB_dyP0
    Last edited by frisette70; 08-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    I like the music choices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Happy Tessa didnt choose this music for her OG FD
    Well, it's not an Olympic season, so I guess they can afford to skate to a light-hearted theme like Funny Face and Gershwin's music is not so bad after all, is it?

Don't worry, they will do Dracula for Sochi. Or Carmina Burana. Or Ravel's Bolero.

But I think the great news here is that Tessa feels no pain and they can train properly.

vCash
    I would have preferred something more dramatic, but I'm very glad to hear that Tessa's feeling good and that it seems to be full steam ahead for them this year.

The most important thing is for her to remain healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    ETA: Does anyone else get the feeling that Scott will skate to anything Tessa wants, so long as there's a chance of him winning a medal with it?
    Not really.

I'm not familiar with the Funny Face music, but I get the feeling this program could be similar in style to their '09 OD.

vCash
    Thumbs up on the music choices. I think both will work really well for them.

Happy to hear that Tessa is feeling no pain, that's the best news of all.

vCash
    I'll admit, not my favourite music choice, but considering that I cringed when I heard about them using both Umbrellas and Mahler, which turned out to be my two favourite FD's of all time, I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. Besides, I'm so happy to see them trying yet another style. They haven't done a lighthearted FD yet, unless you count the Russian folk FD from 2004. I'm once again impressed by their versaitility, and their ability to avoid overused pieces of music. Even if this isn't my favourite FD ever, I have no doubt that it will be excellent.

I really like the idea of them turning last seasons' FD into this years' SD. I really loved that program, and though it was a real shame that it was only performed once. Can't wait to see the tweaks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    We haven't even seen the program yet! Give it a chance.
    Exactly. Can we wait please. I'm happy about it. I have a feeling it'll be fabulous! Tessa must be thrilled. However I'm perhaps even more thrilled about the short dance and keeping that music. Now if only we can work the 'temptation' lift in there it'll be a WONDERFUL season.

vCash
    I love the music choice, but I hated last year's FD (well, as far as I can hate anything done by V&M - I abhor typical Latin dances) and have always loved character-driven pieces, so this is right up my alley.

vCash
    Yay for keeping their FD music into the SD. Hope they use the opening sequence too it's so SAUCY!

For FD, also liking the music and style choice. Good thing they are not doing a romantic piece and exploring a style/theme that is unfamiliar to them. V/M are really showing their versatility and I'm confident they can refine this lighthearted routine masterfully.

vCash
    Taking a wait-and-see approach here. Not as excited as I hoped to be, but it's V/M, so I doubt I'll dislike it.

vCash
    I too had hoped for something more dramatic/contemporary, but I'm not disappointed with their choice. I've never seen Funny Face, but I love Audrey Hepburn I'll watch it on youtube before they perform the program.

vCash
    I like their choice, it is their comfort zone which can help them to win, it's very dancing and demands perfection in lines, in skating skills and in their music feeling and style, it's pure joy and dance as I wish for them.

Scott is Fred Aster of the ice-dancing- it's so true, and Tessa is so beautiful and sophisticated young lady .

vCash
    So, how do you think:
    1. What dress Tessa will use for latin SD? Some of her dreses for this season (we saw two pinks and gold) or we will see something new?
    2. What about FD dress? I hope Scott will not use tuxedo, because think it will hide his back lines. But what about Tessa? Evening Odry red dress or something black for dancing in different styles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I'll admit, not my favourite music choice, but considering that I cringed when I heard about them using both Umbrellas and Mahler, which turned out to be my two favourite FD's of all time, I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. Besides, I'm so happy to see them trying yet another style. They haven't done a lighthearted FD yet, unless you count the Russian folk FD from 2004. I'm once again impressed by their versaitility, and their ability to avoid overused pieces of music. Even if this isn't my favourite FD ever, I have no doubt that it will be excellent.

I really like the idea of them turning last seasons' FD into this years' SD. I really loved that program, and though it was a real shame that it was only performed once. Can't wait to see the tweaks!
    Versatility is not something they have shown AT ALL sorry there. All they've done and succeeded at is romantic / lyrical type dance. Whenever they tried something else, it didn't work as mush.

As for funny face, it's exactly the same type of music as umbrellas, in a more lighter pace. I hope it's not another romantic generic bland program and that they'll explore more the comedy of the movie. One can hope.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Versatility is not something they have shown AT ALL sorry there. All they've done and succeeded at is romantic / lyrical type dance. Whenever they tried something else, it didn't work as mush.

As for funny face, it's exactly the same type of music as umbrellas, in a more lighter pace. I hope it's not another romantic generic bland program and that they'll explore more the comedy of the movie. One can hope.
    I agree - you have your own opinion about V-M, but could you explain what the same is in UoS music and FF?
    In UoS were only 1 main melody wich repeated a lot off time in different arrangement during all movie.
    In FF there are a lot off different music fragments and have even Paso Doble. And i respect Legran and love his UoS music, but i dont think he is the same level composer like Gershvin. And i cant remeber Gershvin romantice piece of music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Romantic and lyrical is not all that they have done. In '09 they had a Pink Floyd FD and in '11 they had the Latin themed FD. In both of those years Tessa happened to be injured so we never saw the full potential, but I think they were sucessful they finished 3rd and 2nd at Worlds in both of those cases. I believe they have tried to be more versatile.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast