Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For such sophisticated duet it would be nice something like Wong Kar Wai move soundtrack:

1. 'Polonaise' by Shigeru Umebayashi

2.Connie Francis - Siboney

3.Xavier Cugat - Perfidia

Or something completely different :

Sharleen Spiteri --What's New Pussycat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Lets not give Igor any ideas.

vCash
    I still hope they do something edgy, sexy, bluesy to show off their lines and wonderful skating skills as well as their athleticism. Maybe not what I posted a while back but something similar. I hope some sekret sources can let us know soon
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    For such sophisticated duet it would be nice something like Wong Kar Wai move soundtrack:

1. 'Polonaise' by Shigeru Umebayashi

2.Connie Francis - Siboney

3.Xavier Cugat - Perfidia

Or something completely different :

Sharleen Spiteri --What's New Pussycat
    I like your ideas, but dont think Zueva-Shpilband could found such an interesting music. Maybe because this is always a risk - who know, how this music will sound at competitions?

I hope some sekret sources can let us know soon
    O, when we talk about V-M we never hav secrete sourse Even about some other skaters in Canton we have sometime secrete information, but not about this team.
    Last edited by pani; 08-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I like your ideas, but dont think Zueva-Shpilband could found such an interesting music.
    Thanks. It's a pity that so many interesting music don't use in competitions. So we have music choices from "best of figure skating" CD .

Maybe because this is always a risk - who know, how this music will sound at competitions?
    Yes I agree, but they always can try the sound on the home training rink .

vCash
    As newcomer I feel I should introduce myself. I'm from Russia (so, please, excuse my english) and I absolutely adore Tessa and Scott. They are unique, they are perfection. I’ve read this board for a long time, thank you all . I wish health and joy for our duet and good luck with new dances in a coming season. Let's hope for the victory.

vCash
    In fairness, neither "Adagietto" nor "Great Gig in the Sky" seem all that well-trod (the 2008/2009 season notwithstanding).

That said, I've longed to see someone skate to Shigeru Umebayashi's score from 2046, so I'm on your side.

vCash

vCash
    Thanks. It's a pity that so many interesting music don't use in competitions. So we have music choices from "best of figure skating" CD
    O yes But at least V-M used some unusual music, like Proustable said. We have teams who never used nothing out of this "best of figure skating" CD , so maybe we mut be happy.

vCash
    FP/M had a great FD to Dracula, so I know it works well for ice dance.

I'll bet Scott & Tess would do a great job with this, absolutely. Scott already has the bite her neck moves down to a tee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    I don't know how new you are to skating but you might want to have a look at Anissina/Peizerat's Carmina Burana. That's a Dean choreography and in my opinion, it's one of the most powerful ones.
    I am not as new as to have missed A/P's Carmina Burana back in 2000 if memory serves and I agree with you that it was one of the most powerful choreos put to one of the most powerful pieces in figure skating.

But I was referring in my previous post to just Crone/Poirier's FD of last season and I admit I might be totally wrong in assuming that the judges didn't appreciate or enjoy The Beatles, perhaps I am the only one around finding that particular program pretty monotonous if I'm allowed to say. I guess I'm not alllowed because Dean is who he is and if you don't embrace ALL his music choices and choreographies unconditionally, then it means something is wrong with you. Not you, ballettmaus, me.

Christopher strikes me as always having himself and his skating partner in mind when he choreographs for others and as you said, he's got this unique style that doesn't suit just anyone. Whether it would suit V/M or not I don't know and as long as I don't, why would I encourage them to turn to CD for their programs? But that's just me.

As far as D/W, some might want to tell you that Meryl doesn't have the right body lines for a Dean type of choreography. LOL

I'd suggest this version because what judge would dare flunk a program put to this huge name in music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA30VSmRcT0

I'm teasing you, m_chenning, in fact I like a couple of your picks but you should keep in mind that Tessa and Scott are pretty stubborn people who would never listen to their fans. LOL Btw, I too adore V/M and English isn't my dominant language either.

vCash
    I am not sure A-P "Carmina Burana" was made by Dean. I thought it was made by Natalia Volkova-Dubadi. Look like i was wrong.
    And i wish to see Tessa-Scott will use opera vocal for there programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I
    As far as D/W, some might want to tell you that Meryl doesn't have the right body lines for a Dean type of choreography. LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59491483@N00/3448257919/

Jayne Torvill did not exactly have the longest legs in the business either.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W2oxhVu5JW...rvill-dean.jpg

Nor were T&D all that big on pointed toes.

Which is why people who like balletic lines often prefer K&P or U&Z to T&D.

For that matter, Isabelle Duchesnay was not exactly the queen of beautiful lines either, as in this Samba OSP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRYBP1Yh0U

So V&M's lines, which are lovely, are not required for Dean choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    So V&M's lines, which are lovely, are not required for Dean choreography.
    O yes - today in ice dance good lines didnt work for overall team result. Girls without lines recive 10 points for choreo
    I dont think D-W have such bad lines, like Dushehy, but i dont think theye lines is near to T-D. Maybe Jane isnt tall, but she move with patner like one and have super close body positions. And dont think Charlie lines is close to pure Dean lines.

vCash
    For example - i think Mahler FD was uplifting, because brought positive feelings afterward.

Short Dance Debate.
    http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...t-dance-debate

Look, like Igor and Marina didnt like SD a lot. An maybe Latin FD for T-S were Igor idea?
    I absolutely agree with Marina and Igor on this. There was nothing wrong with the OD. Get rid of the compulsories, dancers at this level don't need it. Did the short dance really appeal to anyone on here? Nobody missed the OD?

vCash
    so i'm in the computer lab, browsing for some v/m news before the lecture starts. i get a tap on my shoulder.

classmate: "hey, that guy on the screen went to my school"
    me: "oh, scott?"
    classmate: "yes! he went to my high school. isn't that cool?"

vCash
    small world!

vCash
    The read that D&W are using La Strada and it makes me go UGHHHHH! I hated that music... will never like that music.

I wouldn't mind V&M trying something completely different a fun disco number would be cool and I think they could pull it off. "Knock on Wood" I loved that song lmao!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I absolutely agree with Marina and Igor on this. There was nothing wrong with the OD. Get rid of the compulsories, dancers at this level don't need it. Did the short dance really appeal to anyone on here? Nobody missed the OD?
    TOTALLY disagree. While I prefer the OD over the SD, I think getting rid of the compulsories will see a reduction in the sport's quality.

vCash
    If we are talking about Torvill and Dean it would be nice if Christopher could create for V/M in style of :

Rock n Roll

Encounter

Bridge Over Troubled Water

And pure dancing program from him would be marvellous, I think (his Puttin' on the Ritz, Face the Music are so light and charming and extremely enjoyable for me )

---
    But unfortunately we won't see it

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast