Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Not sure what the spoilers rule is about past series here, maybe I better put everything I say in

Spoiler

I will be interested to see what they do with Rhys/Gwen in the future. Maybe set Jack up with someone else and make Gwen jealous...?
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    ... So, cut for sex in the UK (apparently there is full-frontal male nudity - to which I say - about bloody time!), with some additional material to stretch the length to 54 when needed.
    Hmm, I wonder which version they'll air on Space. They don't normally cut for sex or language, and each episode runs in a 70 minute timeslot so could be either the 52 min or 54 min version.

Full frontal?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Hmm, I wonder which version they'll air on Space. They don't normally cut for sex or language, and each episode runs in a 70 minute timeslot so could be either the 52 min or 54 min version.

Full frontal?!!
    I want the 54-minute version! Oh well...I'm sure, as others have said, someone'll put all of the additional material online.

[The only nice thing is that I know whatever they include in the 54-minute won't be insanely pivotal to the plot (that wouldn't help much)-it'll just be other material.]

vCash
    Barrowman just tweeted that the BBC version is showing at 7:10p.m.! I doubt there will be much nudity in that one as there will be a load of kiddies wanting to tune in to see Captain Jack. I guess I am going with the Starz version

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolineL View Post
    Barrowman just tweeted that the BBC version is showing at 7:10p.m.! I doubt there will be much nudity in that one as there will be a load of kiddies wanting to tune in to see Captain Jack. I guess I am going with the Starz version
    Haha, plus, that's pretty early.

Getting excited for the Starz version (and for the inevitable youtube posting of the BBC version)!

vCash
    Torchwoooood !!
    Let's hope I WON'T cry as mush as last year's 5 episodes. Moff, don't ruin this !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I'm going to watch it, but I refuse to get attached to any characters not named Jack or Gwen. That's not based on any spoilers (I haven't sought any out) -- it's just good practice after the last three seasons.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    I'm going to watch it, but I refuse to get attached to any characters not named Jack or Gwen. That's not based on any spoilers (I haven't sought any out) -- it's just good practice after the last three seasons.
    My prediction is that many of the characters won't die, but just won't return (à la the team from CoE).

But there'll likely be plenty of deaths...

vCash
    If you have Comcast, you can stream it live using xfinity. Apparently, some other Americans can get it to work too, but sad to say that it's GeoBlocked.

I thought it was okay to post here, since it's totally legal. Going to watch it now!

vCash
    Switched to Starz last night (punted Showtime)---looking forward to this series.

vCash
    The xfinity video will not stop buffering for me. I tried to watch, but I could not take the stopping every 2 seconds. I will try again tomorrow, and if it still isn't working, I will resort to, um, other methods.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I thought the first episode was pretty good. The story is pretty compelling, and the acting is generally good. There's still enough scenes set in Britain for it to feel like a British show - they still have stuff shot in Cardiff. Not really used to seeing a BBC programme with such a big budget though - the fact its had money poured into it is pretty obvious, but doesn't detract from the story. Gwen still annoyed me, but she's not as irritating as she was in the first series. Looking forward to episode 2.

Spoiler

The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    I enjoyed the first episode too. It was a little strange to see Jack and Gwen transplanted into a much flashier show, but I liked the new regulars and the whole premise of the new season.

Is it spoilery to say that Gwen and Rhys's baby is adorable? I'm not usually into TV kids, but awwwwww.

Spoiler

"Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Gwen and Rhys have the cutest baby on TV! But honestly, I was expecting a really cute baby because Eve is gorgeous and Kai is pretty good-looking, too!

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Haha, plus, that's pretty early.

Getting excited for the Starz version (and for the inevitable youtube posting of the BBC version)!
    I just checked and the BBC is showing Torchwood in England at 9:00 p.m. next Thursday. The 7:10 p.m. was for John's other show, Tonight's the Night, which is rather different (and I will be watching it too, cause I can't resist The Barrowman)

vCash
    We couldn't wait for the BBC showing so we downloaded the Starz one. Loved it! I am so relieved as I am so let down by the latest 2 seasons of Doctor Who. This is really cheering me up.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I really, really had a hard time getting into the new feel of the show. It's going to take some getting used to! ... I'm hoping for more wit in future episodes .....
    In all fairness, they had a lot of introducing and set up to do. I think we'll get a bit more "Torchwoodness" in the next couple of episodes, including some vintage Cap't. Jack.

vCash
    Finally was able to watch it (Starz version) after finding a good link.
    I enjoyed it. I liked the actors--Bill Pullman is creepy as hell--and the storyline is interesting and thought-provoking.
    I will still never forgive you, Russell T. Davies, but I've decided supporting John Barrowman is more important.

vCash
    I loveeed it !!
    But Torchwood in the USA ? Come on !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I loveeed it !!
    But Torchwood in the USA ? Come on !
    It was either USA or nothing. BBC didn't want to pay for it, but an American channel took the majority of the cost. Though don't worry, it shouldn't become too American, there are supposed to be scenes based in Wales in every episode.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast