Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    Perhaps that's the answer - Miracle Day was created by the Q Continuum.
    That's exactly what I said to my friend when we were watching!

vCash
    Well, I have no idea what John Barrowman was talking about -- I thought that was a great ending. Won't say anymore yet for those who haven't seen it, but my heart is still pounding.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Well, I have no idea what John Barrowman was talking about -- I thought that was a great ending. Won't say anymore yet for those who haven't seen it, but my heart is still pounding.
    I do kind of see what he was saying.

Spoiler

But no, I loved the episode and I think it was one of Torchwood's finest. Fingers crossed we get a season five!

SHERLOCKED
    vCash

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post

Spoiler

ITA

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I had never seen the Barrowman epi of Hotel Babylon. I don't think BBC America showed us the whole series, though. That was hysterical!

Anyway, my 2 cents. I don't think I like these "earth is in peril" mini-series at all. I liked the self-contained yet moving forward single episodes of the original Torchwood. It wasn't all aliens - there was the "Welshman of the Corn" (my name) with the town killing & eating visitors wandering into their area or barns. There was the Fairies episode which wasn't aliens, but "presences" on earth taking & protecting the chosen child. There was the epi about the whale-like alien which human men were cutting up for beef while the poor thing was alive. Anyway, there were lots of episodes without car chases & major explosions. And so many things that touched me & made me cry. This didn't have anything like that.

vCash
    I figured someone would not survive. But I did not expect Rex to become immortal.

vCash
    I figured they'd all die, but nope. Now we have an american immortal. Pfffffffff.
    It's not Torchwood at all. No reference to aliens or to the doctor. I miss episodes that stand alone.
    I hope it's just that first season, to "plant" the world of Torchwood on american soil. But go back to what TORCHWOOD is. The darker pendant to Doctor Who.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I found the final episode quite compelling, but how many damn endings did it have? Every time I thought it was over, there was more!

I actually think they missed the opportunity to end the series decisively. Instead it's just going to trickle to an end, because I doubt there will be any more, given the general reaction to this series has not been positive.

Agree with everyone who said they miss the stand alone episodes. And I was waiting for there to be an alien element, which was what Torchwood used to be about.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    Yeah no alien at all sucked !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Meh. Whole thing was meh. No aliens, idiot plotpoints galore, no aliens, immortal Rex, no aliens ... and a promise of the continuation of the whole who-gives-a-flying-frack Families. Bleaaugh. At least the ending wasn't quite as "disatisfying" as John Barrowman had led us to believe ... but that's daming with faint praise indeed.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash

Spoiler

The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345