Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    ^^Hmmm, maybe that was the one. Darn! My bad!
    No, sadly Rex you aren't wrong. A jillion posts ago the recipe was posted here. I remember throwing up in my mouth a little....
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    First of all...where's that vomiting smiley when you need it?

Thanks - I lurk a lot, but mostly ignore her and her cocktail but ewww.....

Good thing I can go to my regular bar and wash my brain of this image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    I don't even drink martinis, and this has always bothered me. It's not just Sandy, though, as a lot of bars around here have drink menus that add -tini to anything served in a martini glass. I will admit that I used to order such drinks a lot, but as I've gotten older and my tastes have changed I can't stomach them like I used to (must be all of the juice or something). I should actually try a real martini sometime. Hmm...I have gin and vermouth in my bar, but no orange bitters. I don't think I've ever seen them in any of the liquor stores around here. I've only seen angostura bitters.
    Not even the flirtinis from Sex and the City?

Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    No, sadly Rex you aren't wrong. A jillion posts ago the recipe was posted here. I remember throwing up in my mouth a little....
    LOL, someone must have removed it! Probably a fandra!

vCash
    That is disappointing, I would love to see her put that nuclear bomb of a drink together. I did watch her Lush Lagoon segment though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bo-...eature=related

Kiwi and a little bit of jalapeno "juice". Of course. How did I not come up with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    That is disappointing, I would love to see her put that nuclear bomb of a drink together. I did watch her Lush Lagoon segment though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bo-...eature=related

Kiwi and a little bit of jalapeno "juice". Of course. How did I not come up with that?
    And she's a fecking millionaire because of this....where IS the justice??

vCash
    I opened this page before signing in, and the banner ads that came up had links to "vomiting" and "most popular cocktail recipes"
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Hmm...I have gin and vermouth in my bar, but no orange bitters. I don't think I've ever seen them in any of the liquor stores around here. I've only seen angostura bitters.
    Most bars, unless you go to "craft cocktail" bars, don't even make real martinis any more. They just shake up a bunch or gin or vodka, pour it into a glass, and slap a couple of olives in it.

A martini needs at least some vermouth it it. The classic is 5:1 with a few drops of orange bitters. Stirred.

After disappearing almost completly, bitters are now becoming more readily available, but are a strange animal. Some states allow them only in liquor stores and in some states you can buy them in other stores as well. They've only been available in Canada for a few months. A good place is specialty stores that have things like wines and delicacies. At least orange are probably the 2nd most common.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    The suffix -tini is the potent potable equivalent of adding -gate to any scandal.

Grooving!
    vCash
    Rex, you need to go check out the Deathly Hallows thread. There's a post with a link to pics of the New York premier last night. Guess who attended and appears in photos 29 and 30 of the slide show????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    Rex, you need to go check out the Deathly Hallows thread. There's a post with a link to pics of the New York premier last night. Guess who attended and appears in photos 29 and 30 of the slide show????
    She gets invited to a lot of prestigious stuff.
    Her eyes look tight.

Grooving!
    vCash
    She gets invited to a lot of prestigious stuff.
    Her eyes look tight.
    I heard "Flying squirrel" in my head.

vCash
    I heard "Flying squirrel" in my head.

vCash
    Not a surprise, given that she's a hag who mixes up dangerous potions....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Not a surprise, given that she's a hag who mixes up dangerous potions....

I remember when she made that volcano cake and the smoke came out of it. I thought "how fitting".

vCash
    Bumping up this thread to say that while I did not eat at the Neely's new place in NYC, I did eat at Eataly, Mario Batali's new marketplace. Everyone kept telling us to go there, and the prime rib sandwich I had was EXCELLENT. Oh, we also ate at Felidia's, which was incredible. Fine dining can be exhausting.
    And when I was touring the French Culinary Institute, I ran into Lee Anne Wong! I was so excited! She was setting up a water bath for sous vide cooking. She was extremely nice. I wish I had gotten a chance to run in to Sandra Lee so I could shout "YOU SUCK!!!"

vCash
    On vacation this week, got to see an entire episode of Paula Deen.

Well, unlike Nasty Sandy, at least she uses real ingredients....real 100% full fat butter, 100% full fat milk, and so on. My G*d, I thought I was going to have a cholesterol-induced heart attack just from watching. How is it that she and her family are still alive, if they eat like that?

For "dessert", she and Capt. Cranky, or whatever his name is, dumped three scoops of ice cream in a bowl, poured espresso on top of it, then added about 20 cups of whipped cream. Mr. Overedge and I were laughing at that, but *then* they added chocolate syrup all over the top and a maraschino cherry. It's like her recipes get about as OTT unhealthy as they can be, and then she figures out something else OTT to add to it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    A martini needs at least some vermouth it it.
    Opinions seem to differ on what "some" means, though. I believe Churchill used to say that the way to make a martini was with lots of gin and a bow in the direction of France.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    On vacation this week, got to see an entire episode of Paula Deen.

Well, unlike Nasty Sandy, at least she uses real ingredients....real 100% full fat butter, 100% full fat milk, and so on. My G*d, I thought I was going to have a cholesterol-induced heart attack just from watching. How is it that she and her family are still alive, if they eat like that?

For "dessert", she and Capt. Cranky, or whatever his name is, dumped three scoops of ice cream in a bowl, poured espresso on top of it, then added about 20 cups of whipped cream. Mr. Overedge and I were laughing at that, but *then* they added chocolate syrup all over the top and a maraschino cherry. It's like her recipes get about as OTT unhealthy as they can be, and then she figures out something else OTT to add to it....
    Paula does stumble on occasion with her overuse of butter, salt and sugar, but yeah, her dishes make more sense than SLoPs.

BTW, her hubby's name is Michael Gruber. CAPTAIN Michael Gruber to us landlubbers .

vCash
    Paula does stumble on occasion with her overuse of butter, salt and sugar, but yeah, her dishes make more sense than SLoPs.
    Paula has also made it clear that she is a cook, and not anyone's doctor.

vCash
    For Halloween, I swear I'm going to do an Aunt Sandy theme. Everyone will bring a Sandra concoction, and must match their clothes to the food. Instead of bobbing for apples and masked men weilding chainsaws, guests will have to make it through the Cocktail on St. Sandra's Street. Anyone who manages to finish all the alcohol concoctions--I refuse to call them drinks--will win some sort of prize, as well as a FREE trip to the ER!

It will be the scariest thing anyone has ever done. I hope too many people don't keel over from the horror of it all.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    For Halloween, I swear I'm going to do an Aunt Sandy theme. Everyone will bring a Sandra concoction, and must match their clothes to the food. Instead of bobbing for apples and masked men weilding chainsaws, guests will have to make it through the Cocktail on St. Sandra's Street. Anyone who manages to finish all the alcohol concoctions--I refuse to call them drinks--will win some sort of prize, as well as a FREE trip to the ER!

It will be the scariest thing anyone has ever done. I hope too many people don't keel over from the horror of it all.
    That party could kill more people in one night than Freddie Kruger could ever dream of! (pun intended)
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    BTW, her hubby's name is Michael Gruber. CAPTAIN Michael Gruber to us landlubbers .
    Thanks! She just kept calling him "sweetie", "honey", etc. but I figured he must have had a real name at some point...

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast