Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

vCash
    Nasty Sandy's interview with the NYTimes is in its magazine today (Sunday).

The apparent reason for her pimping herself out to the media is her "Sandra by Sandra Lee" home line, which is about to be introduced at both Kmart and Sears. In Snads' own words:

I'm the only personality that has Sears and Kmart. That's not something that anyone in my category has been able to do. But I'm not arrogant that way.
    *snort* Given how, uh, low-rent both of those stores are, that's kind of like being proud of the fact that you have herpes and an STD at the same time.

I was reading the magazine in a cafe and started shrieking "OMG!!" and laughing when I hit this part:

Q: Let's talk about your Kwanzaa cake. It features a frosted angel food cake, with a can of apple-pie filling dumped in the middle, and it's garnished with corn nuts and pumpkin seeds.

A: Which are for the season, right? Kwanzaa is about harvest. I celebrate every holiday.

Q: Anthony Bourdain called the cake a 'crime against humanity'. Are you sensitive to cracks like that?

A: It's shtick. That's how some people get their press. There are 17 million children in this country going hungry every day, and we're worried about my Kwanzaa cake from 10 years ago? That's what I think is ridiculous. Yes, I can laugh about it.
    Note to Nasty Sandy's PR people: you might want to work with her on actually answering the question she is asked.

And she also claims that Cool Whip is not that bad "if you cut it with a little bit of vanilla extract" Maybe if you used actual whipping cream instead of that chemical sh*t, you wouldn't have to worry about improving the taste....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Link to the entire NYT interview and picture:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/ma...andra-lee.html
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    If you have to end a statement with, "but I'm not arrogant that way," you just sound like more of an asshole than you already did. Just FYI, Sandra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    *snort* Given how, uh, low-rent both of those stores are, that's kind of like being proud of the fact that you have herpes and an STD at the same time.
    overedge! That's too funny. And too true.[/QUOTE]

I was reading the magazine in a cafe and started shrieking "OMG!!" and laughing when I hit this part:

Note to Nasty Sandy's PR people: you might want to work with her on actually answering the question she is asked.
    Kwanza Kake rant
    She'll never live it down, will she. But yeah, she never really gives any straight answers.

And she also claims that Cool Whip is not that bad "if you cut it with a little bit of vanilla extract" Maybe if you used actual whipping cream instead of that chemical sh*t, you wouldn't have to worry about improving the taste....
    Cool Whip has some of the same ingredients as.....KY Jelly...I'm just sayin'.

She actually got a little testy, didn't she?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Cool Whip has some of the same ingredients as.....KY Jelly...I'm just sayin'.
    So, Rex, how does KY Jelly taste when you cut it with vanilla extract?

vCash
    So, Rex, how does KY Jelly taste when you cut it with vanilla extract?
    You are so evil.

vCash
    Did we know that the Semi-Ho magazine has officially ceased publication? :

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sand...ent=Page%20Six

Now where I will turn to for advice on how to paint my pumpkins white?

vCash
    Sandy makes a truly disgusting morning drink:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Breakfast/...ccino-12123904

And apparently "inventing" horrible things like that makes you enough money to rent an apartment in lower Manhattan
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

vCash
    Did we know that the Semi-Ho magazine has officially ceased publication? :

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sand...ent=Page%20Six

Now where I will turn to for advice on how to paint my pumpkins white?
    AND she's totally giving up Semi-Homemade to focus on her lifestyle products .

What WILL we do???

vCash
    *trying to imagine sandra lee as first lady of the united states*

*brain explodes*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    *trying to imagine sandra lee as first lady of the united states*

*brain explodes*

I'm moving to Canada...

vCash
    There's a photo of Nasty Sandy in PEOPLE's "Most Beautiful" issue this week....in the section of celebs without makeup.

I couldn't find it on line, but take a look at the supermarket or wherever.

I give her credit for being that brave, but damn....eating Semi-Ho cuisine does not give you healthy skin. She must have to be airbrushed to the max before she walks the red carpet.

vCash

vCash
    Someone had it on at the gym the other day and I swear to god she made a yogurt, orange sherbet and vodka breakfast smoothie. I almost fell off my treadmill!

vCash
    This is a Snad-worthy recipe from the Insulin Queen Miz Paula Deen. Hard to believe this is not a joke, but the comments/reviews are classic.
    http://http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/index.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Someone had it on at the gym the other day and I swear to god she made a yogurt, orange sherbet and vodka breakfast smoothie. I almost fell off my treadmill!
    I am 99% positive she had a 'healthy' eating special where she put liquor in one of the smoothies.

Never doubt La Lee's ability to insert alcohol into any. freakin. recipe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by succubus View Post
    This is a Snad-worthy recipe from the Insulin Queen Miz Paula Deen. Hard to believe this is not a joke, but the comments/reviews are classic.
    http://http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/english-peas-recipe/index.html
    OK, my mother's family is English, and you do not make English peas like this. You overcook them and then kind of mash them into a greeny blob. You do NOT dump an entire stick of butter on them, and they certainly don't look anything like that blecherous picture..

vCash
    I re-read the stupid recipe about 17 times before I got it through my thick head that it isn't a recipe - it basically says to open a can of peas, heat it up, and put butter on them.

I was desperately trying to find something - anything - there! Kind of like when I'm trying to erase elements of Sandy's recipes. You know - corn nuts, pixie dust, the choking elements in every cocktail.

vCash
    My maternal grandma used to cook her peas with lots of butter. She was from the South too...

vCash
    I know it's been a long time, but I just had to update the thread. I'm sitting here in the eye doctor's office, watching Sandy make a raspberry hazelnut grape peach martini on the TV on the wall, and I couldn't help but think of you all.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast