Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    A *little*?? You would have to be almost under the table to want to drink something like that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    It could double as an exfoliating suntan lotion
    X 2!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    You are a true genius, Nomad!
    I want somebody to actually sing Nomad's songs abotu SLop and put them on YouTube. I'd do it myself, but I'm not that good of a singer.

vCash
    *Applause* That was kickass, Nomad. Kick.Ass.

It was honestly a relief that the show went downhill so quickly, because her first recipe (grilled shrimp over salad) actually looked edible. I wouldn't be thrilled to eat it, but it looked like she might be putting careful consideration into her recipes. I was worried.
    Then her gadawful looking salmon sliders came along. Then her stupid berries with pumpkin pie spice over grilled bread and whipped topping. Then her disgusting coconut margarita. Then everything felt right with the world. Sandy can still put one sh*tpile of a meal together.
    Also, I remember reading someones blog once about a night where they did an all Sandra Lee meal and everyone became violently ill. Was that here? Shoot. I have to go look now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Then her gadawful looking salmon sliders came along.
    I am still trying to comprehend the sauce that she made for those sliders, and how dumb they looked with the slaw on top - you notice that they didn't show her actually eat the slider - it looked like it was falling apart in her hand!!

Then her stupid berries with pumpkin pie spice over grilled bread and whipped topping. Then her disgusting coconut margarita. Then everything felt right with the world. Sandy can still put one sh*tpile of a meal together.
    She overuses that pumpkin pie spice, I swear - fall spices for summer russipees. It's like giving a laser death ray to Helen Keller, I swear. Bread and "burries".

Also, I remember reading someones blog once about a night where they did an all Sandra Lee meal and everyone became violently ill. Was that here? Shoot. I have to go look now.
    Someone posted it on either the 2nd or 3rd Semi-Ho thread....have a look.

Who can believe we are up to four??? Thanks mods!

vCash
    "Amanda and Sandra" (the Julia-and-Julia inspired blog where the blogger is testing recipes from Nasty Sandy's book of drinks) has a few new entries:

http://www.amandaandsandra.com/
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Amanda and Sandra" (the Julia-and-Julia inspired blog where the blogger is testing recipes from Nasty Sandy's book of drinks) has a few new entries:

http://www.amandaandsandra.com/
    Thanks overedge! I am loving this!! Look at some of their faces!!

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I did a Google search on Kwanzaa cake and found a blog with a comment that just about killed me by saying that, if Sandy had added watermelon filling to the cake, Satan would have come and snatched her straight down to Hell.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I did a Google search on Kwanzaa cake and found a blog with a comment that just about killed me by saying that, if Sandy had added watermelon filling to the cake, Satan would have come and snatched her straight down to Hell.
    The edible hate crime, for real.

vCash
    The edible hate crime, for real.
    I found that link! http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/p...e-dinner-party

And I once described the kwanzaa cake to a coworker and when I got to the apple pie filling and acorns the look on her face was priceless. She couldn't believe someone could come up with a food that was that offensive.

ETA: I'm really enjoying the amanda and sandra blog.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I'd still hit that Kwanzaa cake.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'd still hit that Kwanzaa cake.
    So would I - with a baseball bat.

vCash
    Snark away Semi-Ho's. Feel free to lurve/snark on other Food Network/Cooking Channel/Bravo/A&E cooking show hosts as well....
    OMG - I had no idea she was doing this. I went over and looked, but now I have to wash my brain. The things she did to gin are not to be borne. The bastardized Negroni (a classic) was the least of it!

And what's her deal with cream/milk? Half of the cocktail seem to have it as an ingreadiaent.

My own personal drink pet peeve (YMMV) is the indiscriminate use of "tini". Just because it's served in a martini glass, doesn't make it a martini. Gin, vermouth, and orange bitters. That's it. Twist, olives for garnish. Vodka if you must.
    Last edited by znachki; 07-11-2011 at 05:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    OMG - I had no idea she was doing this. I went over and looked, but now I have to wash my brain. The things she did to gin are not to be borne. The bastardized Negroni (a classic) was the least of it!

And what's her deal with cream/milk? Half of the cocktail seem to have it as an ingreadiaent.

My own personal drink pet peeve (YMMV) is the indiscriminate use of "tini". Just because it's served in a martini glass, doesn't make it a martini. Gin, vermouth, and orange bitters. That's it. Twist, olives for garnish. Vodka if you must.
    Welcome to the world of SandySnark(TM).
    It's a good thing you missed her "tofutini". I'll leave you to guess what she put in THAT glass.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex;3232409 "[I
    tofu[/I]tini".
    She did not!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    She did not!
    Yes she did, Willona. One of her "healthy" episodes featured this.

vCash
    It's a good thing you missed her "tofutini". I'll leave you to guess what she put in THAT glass.

Okay I went to the FN website to check and see if this monstrosity actually exists but all I found was her recipe for a Peach Mango smoothie, which contains a block of tofu. Right recipe, or did she actually combine tofu and alcohol on air and the FN website has wisely decided not to publish that recipe?

vCash
    ^^Hmmm, maybe that was the one. Darn! My bad!

vCash
    First of all...where's that vomiting smiley when you need it?

Thanks - I lurk a lot, but mostly ignore her and her cocktail but ewww.....

Good thing I can go to my regular bar and wash my brain of this image.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I don't even drink martinis, and this has always bothered me. It's not just Sandy, though, as a lot of bars around here have drink menus that add -tini to anything served in a martini glass. I will admit that I used to order such drinks a lot, but as I've gotten older and my tastes have changed I can't stomach them like I used to (must be all of the juice or something). I should actually try a real martini sometime. Hmm...I have gin and vermouth in my bar, but no orange bitters. I don't think I've ever seen them in any of the liquor stores around here. I've only seen angostura bitters.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    The suffix -tini is the potent potable equivalent of adding -gate to any scandal.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast