Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 554
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666

    Does ANYONE Like Sandra Lee 4: It's Always Cocktail Time!

    Snark away Semi-Ho's. Feel free to lurve/snark on other Food Network/Cooking Channel/Bravo/A&E cooking show hosts as well....

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    not retiring yet
    Posts
    9,818
    vCash
    13051
    Rep Power
    16054
    I'm sad the title doesn't mention Aunt Sandy & Aunt Prancey's love of cooking with baby food.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I'm sad the title doesn't mention Aunt Sandy & Aunt Prancey's love of cooking with baby food.
    Could Prancer actually be wrong about something?
    *Rex looks for flights out of the country ASAP*.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Non Semi-Ho topic: The Neelys open a new eatery in NYC.
    Pics of the new place, including some of the menu items.

    New Yorkers, let us know what this place is like, please?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,620
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15753
    My answer to the thread question is still NO but I sure do love to hate on her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that she gets a 4 part thread (and counting).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My answer to the thread question is still NO but I sure do love to hate on her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that she gets a 4 part thread (and counting).
    She deserves it. We love her so here...

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well I went down to Memphis last year with some friends and I was so pissed we never got to go to Neely's BBQ place there. I think they were deliberately trying to keep me from going into some kind of FN overload. I am going to NYC next week so maybe we'll get a chance to stop by there for lunch, since we have a different restaurant reservation for every single night we're there.
    My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And I don't know if anyone has posted these videos testing out Sandy's russipees, but I do love the King cake one ("It tastes like breadstick dough and frosting...")

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Well I went down to Memphis last year with some friends and I was so pissed we never got to go to Neely's BBQ place there. I think they were deliberately trying to keep me from going into some kind of FN overload. I am going to NYC next week so maybe we'll get a chance to stop by there for lunch, since we have a different restaurant reservation for every single night we're there.
    My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice.
    Wear some earplugs and tell us what the fried pickles taste like. Her voice is like an elephant sitting on a bagpipe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    And I don't know if anyone has posted these videos testing out Sandy's russipees, but I do love the King cake one ("It tastes like breadstick dough and frosting...")

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4
    It was a really bad one, but so giggle-worthy.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,331
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Well I went down to Memphis last year with some friends and I was so pissed we never got to go to Neely's BBQ place there. I think they were deliberately trying to keep me from going into some kind of FN overload. I am going to NYC next week so maybe we'll get a chance to stop by there for lunch, since we have a different restaurant reservation for every single night we're there.
    My only request: Gina Neely cannot be within 1/2 a mile of the eatery itself, otherwise I will hear her effing annoying voice.
    There BBQ place is very nice and I am not usually a fan of Tennessee BBQ. Her voice and his mannerisms were much less annoying at a recent cooking show in Atlanta. So take heart that maybe it is merely a television voice.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah I did notice on an early Paula Deen episode when they were her special guests, Gina was MUCH less irritating.
    An elephant sitting on a bagpipe? Awesome.

    So I was completely delighted when I turned on the TV this morning during breakfast to find a Semi-Ho episode on. IT'S BEEN TOO LONG. I'm pretty sure she was drunk by the dessert segment, then she proclaimed her starfish tablescape to be cheaper than just buying flowers. Really? Where are you buying your flowers, exactly?
    Who wants a grilled salmon slider slathered in a combination of bottled tartar sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cream cheese? Anyone?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,461
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8163
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    ....
    Who wants a grilled salmon slider slathered in a combination of bottled tartar sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cream cheese? Anyone?
    Depends on how much you've had to drink.

    Oh, no. I feel a song coming on. Sh*t. Sorry, kids, I can't resist.

    Seasoning Packets

    (formerly known as "Stormy Weather",with sincere apologies to Ethel Waters)

    Don't know why
    The snark level is so high
    Seasoning packets
    There are much worse other rackets
    Folks snarkin' all the time
    The time
    Keep snarkin' all the time.

    Spice-rack's bare
    Not a fresh herb anywhere
    Seasoning packets
    If there's something that I lack it's
    A sense of taste or shame
    Or shame
    Kirkland vodka's to blame.

    I stumble 'round
    With a cocktail in hand
    Add this and that
    Yet my food is still bland
    I scream at all the minions under my command
    Booze!
    Booze!
    Booze!
    Booze!
    I'll have one more drink and then puke in the sink....

    Vile meals
    Got me high-priced cookbook deals
    Seasoning packets
    Though I admit I'm a hack it's
    Bringin' in the cash
    The cash
    For my culinary trash....
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Honestly I would rather see Sandra than Paula and her sons or any other of her relatives. I think her thick, syrupy southern accent (and I like southern accents) is just a bit too fake. But I think Sandra should move to DIY and give an actual chef her spot on the Food Network who could focus on cooking and lose the "tablescapes."

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Depends on how much you've had to drink.

    Oh, no. I feel a song coming on. Sh*t. Sorry, kids, I can't resist.

    Seasoning Packets

    (formerly known as "Stormy Weather",with sincere apologies to Ethel Waters)

    Don't know why
    The snark level is so high
    Seasoning packets
    There are much worse other rackets
    Folks snarkin' all the time
    The time
    Keep snarkin' all the time.

    Spice-rack's bare
    Not a fresh herb anywhere
    Seasoning packets
    If there's something that I lack it's
    A sense of taste or shame
    Or shame
    Kirkland vodka's to blame.

    I stumble 'round
    With a cocktail in hand
    Add this and that
    Yet my food is still bland
    I scream at all the minions under my command
    Booze!
    Booze!
    Booze!
    Booze!
    I'll have one more drink and then puke in the sink....

    Vile meals
    Got me high-priced cookbook deals
    Seasoning packets
    Though I admit I'm a hack it's
    Bringin' in the cash
    The cash
    For my culinary trash....
    You are a true genius, Nomad!

  15. #15
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,751
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    Who wants a grilled salmon slider slathered in a combination of bottled tartar sauce, sweet chili sauce, and cream cheese? Anyone?
    Good Lord, why would anyone do that to a poor innocent salmon?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Good Lord, why would anyone do that to a poor innocent salmon?
    And wash it down with a coconut margarita!!! She rimmed the glasses with ground coconut! Urp!

  17. #17
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,751
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    And wash it down with a coconut margarita!!! She rimmed the glasses with ground coconut! Urp!
    Hee hee, I can't wait to tell this to Mr. Overedge. He hates coconut, and this will only reinforce his feelings
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,656
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17666
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Hee hee, I can't wait to tell this to Mr. Overedge. He hates coconut, and this will only reinforce his feelings
    Read these to him, and then get a vomit bag:
    2 1/2 cups coconut water, chilled
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1/4 cup finely shredded coconut shavings
    Ice, for serving
    1/2 cup coconut rum
    1/4 cup white chocolate liqueur
    1/4 cup tequila

    Directions
    In a small pot over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup coconut water with the sugar. Heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the lime juice and let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.

    Place the coconut shavings on a small plate. Dip the rims of 4 margarita glasses into the coconut simple syrup just to dampen. Invert the glasses onto the coconut to coat the rims. Fill the glasses with ice.

    In a pitcher, combine the remaining 2 cups coconut water, the rum, white chocolate liqueur, tequila and 1/4 cup of the coconut simple syrup. Stir and pour into the rimmed glasses.
    She's insane! And maybe a little drunk.

  19. #19
    Watch me move
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    16,751
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    She's insane! And maybe a little drunk.
    A *little*?? You would have to be almost under the table to want to drink something like that mess.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,207
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    52
    It could double as an exfoliating suntan lotion
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •