View Poll Results: What is Michelle's best short program performance in your opinion (pick 3)?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romanza (96)- worlds

37 35.24%
  • Desdemona's dream (97)- USN

10 9.52%
  • Rachmaninoff (98)- Olympics

54 51.43%
  • The feeling begins (2004) -USN

26 24.76%
  • Spartacus (2005)- worlds

13 12.38%
  • East of Eden (2001)- worlds

43 40.95%
  • Beatles (2000)- worlds

3 2.86%
  • Carmen (1999)- USN

2 1.90%
  • Rush (2001?)

3 2.86%
  • Other

16 15.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Michelle Kwan's best SP performance (pick 2)

While I am at it, I might as well create this poll.

What do you consider Michelle's best short program performance?

I don't remember all the years accurately, so I may be a bit off there. Some of the performances were not that different from competition to competition. I picked USN or worlds in most cases, but it could be any other competition (e.g. Goodwill games or Pro-am, so feel free to modify in your mind when you vote)
    Last edited by Vash01; 07-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    '01 Nats - EoE. Wow. Touching! I wish she had kept this for SLC

'03 Worlds - The Feeling Begins. The music went in a different direction and I liked the SLFW, which I think was a change for her. It also balanced nicely against Sasha's Malaguena SP

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    While I am at it, I might as well create this poll.

What do you consider Michelle's best short program performance?

I don't remember all the years accurately, so I may be a bit off there. Some of the performances were not that different from competition to competition. I picked USN or worlds in most cases, but it could be any other competition (e.g. Goodwill games or Pro-am, so feel free to modify in your mind when you vote)
    MK's TFB at 04 Nats wasn't one of her best..03 Nats and Worlds were both awesome.

I can't pick, I loved them all..tho Rach I at both 98 Nats and OLY will always hold special places in my heart.

I loved Spartacus at 05 Nats..my only regret was not seeing it live.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    - the 1996 and 1998 Ultimate Four SPs (Dream of Desdemona and Rach, respectively)
    - East of Eden, 2001 US Nats

vCash
    DOD 96 Skate America

vCash
    So entirely impossible, but I did it. Rachmaninoff and East of Eden. But I also love Romanza, The Feeling Begins and Spartacus

vCash
    1. Romanza - 96 Worlds.
    2. Spartacus - 05 Nationals. I think it was one of the few times where MK atually flew into her spiral right at the crescendo of the music. Sublime.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    I have some odd choices. Dream of Desdemona at Worlds, A Day in the Life at Nationals, East of Eden at Nationals (not odd lol). The first two had clear errors but I stand behind them because I think the rest of the program was stellar.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm surprised her Worlds 2001 East of Eden is getting so many votes as she clearly two-footed and flutzed the 3Lutz combination. Looking back, I actually think Angela Nikodinov should have been ahead of her in that phase of the competition with Kwan in 3rd. I wonder if people are reading the poll too fast and thinking of Nationals (which was her very best performance of East of Eden SP ever!) instead.

vCash
    picked the Olympics Rachmaninoff and East of Eden (although probably should have voted other for that one since as musesk8r just pointed out the natinoals one was better). I'm not really much of a Kwan fan ... but those two programs are stunning and I love to go back to watch them.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    ... she clearly two-footed and flutzed the 3Lutz ...
    Umm, no. I see steps, mohawk, short back left outside with the corresponding short curve, tap, jump, land, free foot bounces off the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I have some odd choices. Dream of Desdemona at Worlds, A Day in the Life at Nationals, East of Eden at Nationals (not odd lol). The first two had clear errors but I stand behind them because I think the rest of the program was stellar.
    Agree about the Worlds version of Dreams of Desdemona. It had a step out but the rest was stunning. The speed, the crispness, the intensity... The clean Nationals version was a league below, IMO.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash

Speaking of Michelle..

Happy Birthday!

vCash
    Romanza from 96 (I actually just watched this program the other day, amazing!) and EOE from 01!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Yeah ! Lucky number 7 !
    And now, she is 31. WOW

For my choices, it's really difficult.
    I love Spartacus and Rush. But I also really like Rachmaninoff and Romanza, and The feeling begins (2003 Worlds). And Dream of Desdemona was amazing.
    Hard to choose !

vCash
    The title of the thread says pick 2, but the poll itself says pick 3... so I picked 3: East of Eden, Romanza and The Feeling Begins.

My all-time favorite MK SP is probably Rach, but from 1998 U.S. Nationals, not the 1998 Olympics version.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Being that Michelle skated for nearly a decade, I find it impossible to pick just one performance that I love because she had dozens of perfectly flawless performances, which is something we don't see a lot of today. I had to pick, so I chose Romanza from worlds in 1996. It was such a moment for her and started her on her way to securing a podium finish at worlds for the next 9 years...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!! I LOVE YOU!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I pick TFB twice.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    98 Olympics and I chose Other for the 1996 Ultimate Four where she did the best short program in history with DoD.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Had to go with:
    Rachmaninov at 98 Nationals, and
    East of Eden at 2001 Nationals. I thought both were better than their respective Olympics/Worlds versions.
    Honorable mention to Dream of Desdemona from the 1996 (or was it 97?) Ultimate Four Championships. at the judges who put that behind Yamaguchi.

ETA: Didn't see BigB08822's post before. Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that awesome DoD performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast