View Poll Results: What do you consider Michelle Kwan's Greatest LP performance ever?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lyra Angelica at US nationals (1998)

61 48.41%
  • Song of the Black Swan at Worlds (2001)

37 29.37%
  • The Red Violin at Worlds (2000)

37 29.37%
  • Salome at Worlds (1996)

22 17.46%
  • Aranjuez at US Nationals (2003)

21 16.67%
  • Tosca at Worlds (2004)

5 3.97%
  • Scheherazadeh at US Nationals (2002)

4 3.17%
  • Other

9 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    One can only imagine the pressure during this QR performance.
    Her "demise" was already being predicted; and she had to come through.
    Bless her. she did - and how!
    Absolutely.
    The LP was the same with more passion. That's impressive how well she skated at those 2001 Worlds.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    She did do a 3/3 in the qualifying round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjRn9pjbOCc

Which makes that skate even more remarkable.
    My bad. I was there (it was my first Worlds, but I could have swore she did a 3t/2t instead of the 3/3 in qualifying... oops) and I couldn't believe how well she skated after all the angst going on with her boot issues.

Still an amazing performance. Thanks for the link floskate. All hail the Kween.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Voted for SOTBS 2001 Worlds, but it was very close with Lyra Angelica 1998 Nats.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I would say other. For me, her greatest 2 "performances" were Aranjuez at worlds and Tosca at Nationals

vCash
    I picked The Red Violin (2000 Worlds). Despite the lack of choreography compared to the program's debut, it was a powerful performance. It seemed that Michelle could not miss an element, she hit all her jumps with great speed.
    Also loved the Charlotte at the end. And I was so thrilled that she won overall, after being 3rd in the SP.

My second favorite LP performance of hers would be Tosca at Nationals. Again, the program did not have much choreography, but that last 3 lutz and the footwork section were just
    As Terry said: "The brilliance of Michelle Kwan, once again on display"

vCash
    I picked 2000 The Red Violin, she skated as if she were on fire. Second place goes to 1998 Lyra Angelica, the freedom and musicality is sublime.

vCash
    Tosca at 2004 Nationals should be there. For pure fire and passion and heart, it is among her best. Many would say it is her best.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Glad to see others haven't forgotten Tosca from Nationals! It was amazing. The flip and final lutz were some of the best she ever did!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Without doubt, Lyra Angelica at the '98 Nationals. That program for me was the Kwan program that established a new gold standard for artistry. The complexity within the elegant simplicity, the zen sensitivity, and the joy and lightness lended to a program that was truly one-of-a-kind.

vCash
    For me its a toss up between Salome, Scheherazade and SOTBS (guess I like the 'S' programs).

If I had to pick one I'd probably go with Salome.

I'll probably be kicked out of Klub Kwan for this, but Lyra Angelica and Red Violin are my least favorite Kwan long programs.

vCash
    Her best ever performance is so tough to nail down because she so many remarkable LPs over the course of her career.

Though it's not my favorite program, Tosca at the 2004 nationals ranks as my favorite performance. The sheer energy, fire, passion and perfection she displayed that night was nothing short of incredible. The audience was so great! They cheered the roof off of the Phillips Arena and Michelle fed off of that and delivered one of her most powerful performances ever. I mean, everything was right with the music and you could see the passion in her face. She was magical!

It's not my favorite program (nowhere near Lyra, Salome, Ariane, etc.) but this performance, when I watch it from start to finish, gives me chills and brings me to tears every time I watch it. I can't recall the last time a performance has moved me like that...I seriously doubt if it will ever happen again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12