Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 107
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So many talented girls have come and gone in the past 13 or so years but they never really reached their potential. China really needs to revisit their ladies programme. Whether or not they had the jumps, they always had poor carriage and posture, shallow edges, laboured skating, below-average spins, not much idea about presentation and absolutely no wow factor. I absolutely loath their forward crossovers and the way they all stalk their jumps. The 3 girls they sent to US didn't improve much (yet) in terms of skating, which was disappointing.

    I think everyone is just waiting for the next Lu Chen but I doubt that would happen unless there are better facilities, coaches and programme that can allow skaters to develop and improve instead of trying to mold them into just another Liu Yan.
    Marco, I understand your disappointness but don't be too critical to the girls. Honestly, comparing them with the world champion Lu Chen is not fair. These is a long way to go to reach the top.

    I think Zijun is doing really great as a 14-years-old girl. Her skating skate is good, spins are absolutely ABOVE the average, presentation is not that decent but she has a good quality and shows well as her age. I especially appreciate her fluence and lightness on ice. She has the elegence, which IMO Liu Yan lacks. However, it's the jump skill that I worried about her. I don't expect her to be the next Lu Chen since the ladies ground is really deep these days, but I DO hope that she at least can stand at top 10 at worlds someday.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonz View Post
    Marco, I understand your disappointness but don't be too critical to the girls. Honestly, comparing them with the world champion Lu Chen is not fair. These is a long way to go to reach the top.

    I think Zijun is doing really great as a 14-years-old girl. Her skating skate is good, spins are absolutely ABOVE the average, presentation is not that decent but she has a good quality and shows well as her age. I especially appreciate her fluence and lightness on ice. She has the elegence, which IMO Liu Yan lacks. However, it's the jump skill that I worried about her. I don't expect her to be the next Lu Chen since the ladies ground is really deep these days, but I DO hope that she at least can stand at top 10 at worlds someday.
    Well frankly I think her basics are pretty good. She strokes with ease and has a wonderful flow over the ice. Her edges are also very good. She definitely has some growing to do in terms of presenting a program or idea, but that will hopefully come with time and better choreography. Regarding her jump technique, I think she definitely needs to clean up some bad habbits (leaning too far forward before picking and slowing down before edge jump takeoff in particular), but I think she has good spring in her toe jumps and that is a very important trait. IMO she already has made strides since end of last season. To say that she has made no improvement is pretty harsh and quite untrue.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,195
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I still love them and am proud of them for what they have accomplished under the circumstances, but I am realistic and don't think we have a girl worthy or hopeful of some sort of Championship medal yet. When was the last time a Chinese lady medalled at a GP? or 4CCs?

    I love Li Zijun and hopefully she can one day make top 10 at Worlds.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Besides Bingwa Geng, most of the girls in the Chinese national team are in the 13-14 yrs old range. Even if they are to medal at the GP or 4CC they'll have to wait a couple of years. Maybe you just need to be patient and hope for the best.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,195
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am sure most of them are even a little younger than they claim to make them eligible for Sochi.

    I have been patient with Fang Dan, Xu Binshu, and Liu Yan. They are all pleasant skaters but I don't believe they have placed very high internationally. The way Geng Bingwa has turned out so far (and the way Li Zijun and Zhang Kexin had looked) is very similar to their predecessors (Li is probably the most talented along with Xu Binshu). Unless they can have the funding / coaching / choreographing situation sorted out and not just focus on the pairs, I dare say they probably won't deviate much from their predecessors in terms of skating and accomplishments.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I saw Zijun Li skate at Jr Worlds last season. Her jumps weren't super big, but she had a decent technique aside from the flutz and a nice presence on ice.

    More than anything, she is such a pretty girl. I think she will be earning hefty beauty PCS marks once she matures.

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    When was the last time a Chinese lady medalled at a GP? or 4CCs?

    .

    The answer for the GP is Lu Chen at NHK in the 97-98 season and for 4CCs is never


  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missing Matsutake
    Posts
    2,737
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am not going to hold my breath, but it seems as though China has the most potential talent in ladies since Chen Lu. I dare say some of the qualities of Geng, Zijun and Xu(when she competed) are actually better than Chen's.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    882
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I am not going to hold my breath, but it seems as though China has the most potential talent in ladies since Chen Lu. I dare say some of the qualities of Geng, Zijun and Xu(when she competed) are actually better than Chen's.
    Well, for sure they all have better spins. But spins didn't matter as much back then either.

    TV version of Zijun's Artistry on Ice performance in Shanghai:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjBCjSdvXs4

    Her 3S here is much better than in the practice video. Her skating skills have really improved -- she's using her edges much more, and gliding across ice with much more power and ease.

    Also found Zhang/Zhang's performance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI3Y_...eature=related

    The SBS 3T is nice, I wonder if they will do one like that in their competitive program(s) this season. They have a softer line, and maybe better connection, than before. But the throw and twist don't look as effortless or big as before. Obviously those are the elements they worked least on, and also most affected by her height growth. She really doe slook awfully tall in that video...

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,501
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    P/T and Z/Z's are okay as well.


    Edges. Posture. Lines. etc.

    Whilst P/T are kind of bearable at times and have improved a lot (although they are nowhere near S/S, obviously), Z/Z are truckdriver central (not surprised that judges totally dumped them on PCS in the Olympic season).

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So many talented girls have come and gone in the past 13 or so years but they never really reached their potential. China really needs to revisit their ladies programme. Whether or not they had the jumps, they always had poor carriage and posture, shallow edges, laboured skating, below-average spins, not much idea about presentation and absolutely no wow factor. I absolutely loath their forward crossovers and the way they all stalk their jumps. The 3 girls they sent to US didn't improve much (yet) in terms of skating, which was disappointing.
    But that goes for all Chinese skating. Pairs and Men have the same problem.

    They either can't teach the basics or don't focus on them enough or both.

    Zijun Li's basics aren't that bad though. Same goes for Han Yan. His basic skating is actually really decent.

  11. #91
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,210
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    44320
    Nan Song has lovely edges and good flow, and he had a wonderful SP last season. I saw it live at Skate America and was very impressed.

    His FS was atrocious, the Chinese Federation hazing ritual of a program to "Yellow River Concerto"
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    An article of Boyang Jin. http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/08/n...-asian-trophy/

    I feel that Tatjana is really loving him. And after all these disappointing years, I started to believe the future of Chinese men skating will be bright, with their talents Han Yan, and now Jin.

    Yan completed a really beautiful 4T in the FS of Asion Trophy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMaG8IB4KM

    Jin, at 13-years-old, included 3 triple Axel in his SP and FS, 2 succeeded. And he is really a joy to watch. Here is half of his EX at Asion Triphy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E I'd like to see how he and Nathen Chen will fight in the future.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,884
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I saw Zijun Li skate at Jr Worlds last season. Her jumps weren't super big, but she had a decent technique aside from the flutz and a nice presence on ice.

    More than anything, she is such a pretty girl. I think she will be earning hefty beauty PCS marks once she matures.
    I'm already in love with this girl. She caught my eye on the JGP last year...I love her lyrical style! She uses her arms wonderfully and I really think she has potential to be a beautiful skater. She's solid across the board in terms of spins, jumps, and presentation and I think, with a few more years to grow, she'll be a legitimate contender. With the Russian big-hitters out of the JGP this year, I think Zijun has a great opportunity to step up and claim one of those top spots. She's hit a growth spurt in the last few months which really helps her presentation and will probably help her speed as well.

    I'm definitely keeping my eye on her...

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    S/Z will attend a show which like chinese version of Dancing with the Stars.now not much informations,maybe they'll just dance once.

    they'll record the show on Thursday and they will dance to "Jane Eyre",sounds great!

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    rumous says S/H's LP will be flamenco choreographed by Zueva

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonz View Post
    An article of Boyang Jin. http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/08/n...-asian-trophy/

    I feel that Tatjana is really loving him. And after all these disappointing years, I started to believe the future of Chinese men skating will be bright, with their talents Han Yan, and now Jin.

    Yan completed a really beautiful 4T in the FS of Asion Trophy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMaG8IB4KM

    Jin, at 13-years-old, included 3 triple Axel in his SP and FS, 2 succeeded. And he is really a joy to watch. Here is half of his EX at Asion Triphy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E I'd like to see how he and Nathen Chen will fight in the future.
    wow, these two are really good! Han Yan should do very well in Senior if he's age eligible. Great musicality , big jumps, ang great skating skills. Podium finish should be a realistic goal IMO.

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    882
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Zijun Li, He Zhang, and Sui/Han leading all three fields at JGP Latvia. When was the last time China had such good showings at a skating competition?!

    Unlike the previous generation of Chinese skaters, the youngsters are also showing really good skating skills: Li, Zhang, Liu are all outstanding at their age/level. I especially love Liu's deep smooth edges. He deservingly got even higher PCS than Zhang, and Zhang was very impressive already. The future is looking very bright for Chinese skating.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Zijun Li, He Zhang, and Sui/Han leading all three fields at JGP Latvia. When was the last time China had such good showings at a skating competition?!

    Unlike the previous generation of Chinese skaters, the youngsters are also showing really good skating skills: Li, Zhang, Liu are all outstanding at their age/level. I especially love Liu's deep smooth edges. He deservingly got even higher PCS than Zhang, and Zhang was very impressive already. The future is looking very bright for Chinese skating.
    I thought Zhang was by far the class of the field in terms of presentation He's a little rock star in the making!
    But you are right, China's jr. scene is really looking the brightest that they've ever looked.
    Last edited by shine; 09-02-2011 at 04:10 AM.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    S/Z's dance (fan video),the TVshow will broacast on Sunday night

    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAwNj...ml?firsttime=1

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,869
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    very interresting how silent all sui/han supporters are now after the junior grand prix. so many angry words about the chinese federation and zhang/zhang; 152 points, zhangs could do that in an ease; s/h firstly should try to do solid clean programs instead of trying quad twists, which are not anwhere to fully rotated. i like the fresh face of sui/han but there is a lot lot lot work to do.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •