Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    The whole show was excellent IMHO - we certainly had 6 worthy dancers in the final "dance-off". It will be interesting how the vote turns out. It will be a 2 hour finale on Sunday, September 11th.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Wow! That Mia Michaels routine for the top 3 girls was AMAZING!
    I also liked the number Shane and Melissa did a lot.

But there is still more to come in the West.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    One hour in and the judges have handed it to the women. Sigh.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    It was a great top 6 show, so it should be an interesting result, will voting be based on talent - technique, a favorite dance genre, personality, most versatility, most improved-growth as a dancer over the course of the season, star quality, or will it be a regional vote-in? I could make a case for all 6 to win. But somehow, I don't think the results will have changed much since last week's vote. The main problem will be how many folks will have been home to watch and vote since it was a holiday weekend.

It's always been Matt solidly in lead for the guys, he never landed in bottom 3, likely cuz he has the entire east coast voting for him and he worked his butt off and you could see his growth throughout the show. True the girls were getting all the judge love, but being all contemporary dancers, each quite talented in her own way, they may actually split the vote as how do you decide which lovely girl dancer is your absolute fav, is it to be the blonde, the brunette or the redhead? Do blonds still have more fun, or is the trend to red? Viewer's may waffle and simply vote for a guy cuz 1) the judge's clearly want a gal and voting Canada is always full of surprizes. 2) A boy is far more straightforward a choice, since when in doubt dance public will root for the cute boy, or the macho man over the diva, thus throwing the door open once again to a possible male winner. Quebec doesn't vote that much, so Chris will have to count on the rest of country, esp older women who like ballroom to vote for him. Then it comes down to the 2 contemporary guys; one who was never in the bottom who danced popular hip hop, and 1 guy who was bottom 3 several times, and had a salsa for his duo number, hmmn, the math looks pretty darn good for the east cost fella to keep his safe streak alive... In a night of great dancing, only one couple had a small mistake even though it was well covered by the man, so being things were likely very close in some people's minds, it could have cost them precious final votes, considering the other 2 couples each smashed their duo routines. But then you just had to listen to the audience during solo's and the applause to know these dancer's were still very viable choices. I can't wait to find out who gets the money and the cars!

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Another season is done. The dances chosen to be repeated and all the new content were enjoyable. I'm pleased with the results but won't spoil it for those watching anything other than the live feed shown in the Atlantic region.

vCash
    Yeah, I would've preferred another result.

Spoiler

I should be used to this, though. My favorites never win.

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    Can someone *please* spoil the results in block text? Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DustPuppyOI View Post
    Can someone *please* spoil the results in block text? Thanks!

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post

Spoiler

Thank you!

vCash
    My favorite won for the first time ever

vCash
    Meh. The bottom 3 was my top 3, but at least Melissa didn't win. I don't know what exactly about her rubbed me the wrong way, but she just seemed fake or something.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If the info about Quebec not voting for their amazing ballroom dancers is true, then Anglophone Canada chose the girl and boy next door among its top three.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Last edited by DustPuppyOI; 09-13-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Another article link

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Damn!!

vCash
    That's crazy. I don't like reality shows pretty much across the board. This show was an exception. Figures. I am certainly not one to be sending messages to TPTB, usually just voting with my remote control, but I this time I am going to have to send off a note to CTV. The amount of blood, sweat and tears those contestants put in is worth so much more than the money they had to pay for the production. How could they possibly think they would get more value for their money elsewhere?

About the final show - had to be out so just finished watching in on my PVR. Insanely good dancing from one end to the other. It really showed up the US final for quality dancing. At the time I thought I could excuse the US dancers because of the insane volume of numbers the top dancers had to perform in the final competition and in the finale, but the Canadian dancers showed that is no reason to deliver an inferior product. Wow! I loved the finale, from the numbers and dancers chosen, to the pacing and the quick way they revealed the runner up and winner. And didn't Adam show why he should have been part of the final group with those sensational performances. Personally I loved all the top 6 and if you throw in Joey and Adam too, but maybe maybe eliminate Matt, I would have been perfectly thrilled for any of those 7 to win the title and thought it well justified. Just an insanely talented and consistent bunch imho.

If this program cannot be revived on CTV or another network, then this season certainly saw them going out on top. Standing O

vCash
    This show had good ratings. Why not just hold Youtube/website auditions if cuts needed to be made? Also so many dancers did not need to make it past first auditions. I know that would cut down on the surprise make the showers but so many get cut right away on these shows anyway. Blaa on the fact that they are going to put a cheaper show in its place. Sytycdc was already cheaper then a good quality scripted show.

Skating supporter
    vCash

vCash
    I feel bad for the two guys eliminated early one due to injuries that were promised spots in next seasons show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I feel bad for the two guys eliminated early one due to injuries that were promised spots in next seasons show
    Yeah, for Moses. Shelaina must be glad she got her chance to have her run on the show.

vCash
    Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of those poor contestants.

I'm sad the show's ending, though not particularly surprised. I don't the TPTB did the show ANY favours by starting it while the American version was still on the air. I burnt out a little watching both shows at the same time and then didn't get around to watching the final few episodes. Four nights a week? Just crazy scheduling. It would have been better to leave a short gap (for us to miss the show) or to start right after the American show in the same time periods (that we'd already be conditioned to watch).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast