vCash

2011 All That Skate Summer ice show!

Well, Yu-Na will host another ice show this summer!

Patrick Chan
    Irina Slutskaya
    Tessa Virtue + Scott Moir
    Shen Xue + Hongbo Zhao
    Curt Browning
    Shae-Lynn Bourne
    Jamie Sale+David Pelletier
    Stephane Lambiel
    Florent Amodio
    Sarah Meier
    Kiira Korpi

and YU-NA KIM!!

vCash
    Interesting that 5 out of the 12 participants or teams are Canadian. Clearly Yu-Na does not hold grudges and her attitude toward Canadians seems to have remained quite positive (at least, based on her skater selection). Perhaps her more rabid supporters on this board could learn a lesson from her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Interesting that 5 out of the 12 participants or teams are Canadian. Clearly Yu-Na does not hold grudges and her attitude toward Canadians seems to have remained quite positive (at least, based on her skater selection). Perhaps her more rabid supporters on this board could learn a lesson from her.
    I don't think anyone here thinks she had "grudges" toward particular nationality. Her long term business partner through thick and thin who is still dearly close to her is David Wilson, who is Canadian, and he will be once again the director of the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Why on earth would Yu-Na or her fans hold grudges against Canadian skaters? I’m a Yu-Na fan, and while it’s true I was not happy with the way the split was handled by Brian, it had absolutely nothing to do with him being a Canadian. I think he too was a victim of the circumstances, as I believe the split was deliberately plotted by a certain federation.

Off topic, but I want to say this: if I were one of them, rather than playing adversary to a skater, I would rather be exerting my efforts first towards establishing political correctness by saying no to their practice of paying visit to their war shrines where their WWII criminals are memorialized. I mean, can you imagine the Germans paying memorial tributes to the committers of crimes against humanity? If they had been, they would have had no business in taking parts in any international events. I very much respect Germans in that regard.

Rant over.

Back to the topic, I’m thrilled getting to see the great Canadian skaters at the show: Curt, Shae-Lynn, Jamie and David, Tessa and Scott, and Patrick. I’m sure Yu-Na and her fans would enjoy the experience and cheer for them.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 07-05-2011 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    No Michelle? Well, la-dee-dah. It guess it'll be nice to see Irina and Kurt skate, but I can't say I'll mark my calendar for this one. I'm not a fan of exhibition skating shows to being with, so without Michelle as the added incentive to watch, I'm not terribly excited about this one...

vCash
    wow, Kurt!

(Admin, please merge the threads. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79392)
    Last edited by t.mann; 07-06-2011 at 03:29 AM.