Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    fingers crossed for munich. no one deserves this games more than germany. i don't care about new frontiers, that's a point i've made loud and clear before.
    ^^^This. South Korea hosted the Seoul Summer Olympics in 1988. When was the last time Germany had an Olympic Games? 1972 in Munich?

Time to send the games there IMO.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Vote is finished!! A majority was chosen in the first round, and announcement will be in two hours!!

I can't see how this is not PC... no way Annecy or Munich can get the majority in the first round.
    Korean SBS announced what you wrote above but it didn't refer what city or country it was.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    The announcement is in two hours, so not 100% sure it's PC yet. But if you follow the bid process, it's really hard to see how Munich or Annecy gets it in one vote.

vCash
    So there's "white smoke" coming from Jacques Rogge's chimney? HABEMUS OLYMPUS!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Phil Hersh has weighed in on this (natch):

Olympic Vote Over In One Round

Since 1936, Germany has been host to just one Olympics, the 1972 Munich Summer Games.

A Munich victory would make a three-time loser of Pyeongchang, South Korea, which had bid unsuccessfully for 2010 and 2014.

"Today is not about how many times someone has bid or how long we (Germany) have been waiting," said Munich bid team member Thomas Bach, an IOC vice-president. The question is whether we "explore new territories again or go back to our foundations."

Two years ago, the IOC gave the 2016 Summer Games Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, making it the first South American host city. In 2007, the IOC chose Sochi for the 2014 Winter Games, giving them to winter sports power Russia for the first time.

After 2014, just two of 22 Winter Games will have taken place in Asia, both in Japan. Pyeongchang's bid slogan is "new horizons."

A Pyeongchang loss could be a boost for Japan, since Tokyo is expected to bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics and it seems unlikely that the IOC would vote to have consecutive Olympics in Asia.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    looks like pyeongchang has won on the first round. no way munich or annecy can get that majority in the first round.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I'm sorry I started a new thread in GSD.

Here's the link to the 2018 Winter Olympics bid thread in the Other Sports forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79393

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12