Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Asking again, does anyone know any updates?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I guess this never happened: http://twitter.com/#!/StarsStripes11

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Holiday Dreams On Ice, Friday, December 23, 2011, UPenn Class of ’23 Ice Arena, Philadelphia, PA, 7 pm EST - info: http://www.holidaydreamsonice.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Holiday Dreams On Ice, Friday, December 23, 2011, UPenn Class of ’23 Ice Arena, Philadelphia, PA, 7 pm EST - info: http://www.holidaydreamsonice.com/
    I think that's a different show - I saw posters for last year's Holiday Dreams on Ice. It's not a pseudo-benefit like Stars, Stripes and Skates and not affiliated with the charitable entity that's under fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I think that's a different show - I saw posters for last year's Holiday Dreams on Ice. It's not a pseudo-benefit like Stars, Stripes and Skates and not affiliated with the charitable entity that's under fire.
    It's a different show, but is also produced by Tara Modlin. Auditions cost $50 and given her business practices, you have to wonder how much she then charged people to be in the show. As a club officer, I received quite a few e-mails asking me to pass on info about the auditions and show tickets. She/her assistant also spammed our club's FB page. Everything was deleted and removed. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people out there haven't heard about her scams and took the bait on this.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    It's a different show, but is also produced by Tara Modlin.
    I'm assuming it's a similar show to the one here in Bensenville, IL each April. The show here is actually great from an audience perspective. Good talent and great arena. Can't speak to how the auditions work.

She/her assistant also spammed our club's FB page. Everything was deleted and removed.
    Wow. That's annoying.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Stating the obvious first - there do not seem to be any departures from truth on the poster. That said, the practice of charging for auditions and the sanction wording about USFSA are both there and I wonder if parents somehow think USFSA is approving her 'charge the kids' model.

The sanction wording is accurate but very specific - you must have an agreement with USFSA to have any eligible skater skate in your show without compromising eligibility. The "sanction" wording may appear to suggest that the USFSA is endorsing or validating more than it actually is. I have never seen that kind of sanction wording on a piece of marketing material like this; while it's completely true, it's also leveraging the USFSA name in a way I don't find thoroughly agenda-free.
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-18-2011 at 12:16 AM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Looks like it's the same as Ice Dreams and Stars, Stripes and Skates before that - $50 to register, plus $50 for the costume. In some ways, I guess it's comparable to paying for lessons or seminars - they do get the experience of skating in a show with national level competitors.

At the same time, the nicer thing to do would be invite local clubs to join the show with numbers they are already working on for their Christmas shows etc, and wear their own costumes. But then Tara wouldn't make money on it of course.

vCash
    Luckily I don't have to face this decision, but I honestly think that if she did a show in my area I would not bother to go. Supporing her shows seems to me to be supporting her wrapped vision of the world (One that revolves around her LOL!)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Did anyone attend this last week? Reviews? http://www.holidaydreamsonice.com/

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks, judiz! I just started a new thread with video links: Holiday Dreams on Ice (12/23 in Philly) starring Weir, Wagner, Mroz, Mahbanoozadeh

Johnny tweeted after the show:
    Thank you Philadelphia! I love you and I love performing for you! Such a great night. Congratulations to @tmodlin for another great success!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-26-2011 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    She/her assistant also spammed our club's FB page. Everything was deleted and removed.
    If she does that enough times, she'll get her FB profile blocked for sure.
    That's very unprofessional but, sadly, not all that surprising.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Looks like Tara's troubles are continuing - just found this from Feb 5: $17,000 reality tv battle

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031