Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I actually thought about this the other day and then I thought "nahhh, they would rather have an hour long program every weekend discussing any new details about the lockout."
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I don't think it (the double lockouts) will impact FS positively or negatively, but it could help the NHL. I like Hockey (also NFL, and to a limited extent NBA basketball), so I am OK if they show more hockey on TV. However, they will somehow make the NFL season happen, with free agents that did not make the NFL team.

I think they will give the time slots to high school football and D- league NBA (may be even pee wee league of baseball) before they give it to FS. Isn't it sad?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Even if they do decide to show more figure skating, one any network but the ones that already have contracts with USFS and ISU (which is NBC in the US), they will show cheesy-made-for-tv stuff because they don't have the rights to the elite competition stuff.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I think the NFL parties will come to some sort of agreement, certainly before the figure skating season starts. Lockouts are extremely unpopular with the fans; too much money to lose by not having a season.
    The NFL is much more likely to reach an agreement within a reasonable time- may be by the end of September. The NBA not so much. It will drag till at least December. JMO.

vCash
    I don't think so....TV channel here will rather choose Snooker than broadcast figure skating...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I don't think so....TV channel here will rather choose Snooker than broadcast figure skating...
    same. today there was a football match from the 70's on.

vCash
    i would think not, the last time I remember there was a TV void due to a sports strike was the NHL lockout. Those empty slots ended up being filled with poker.

vCash
    Professional eating, poker, wipeout style shows, these will benefit. Skating,maybe barely.

And yeah, a fall without NFL or NBA, let's see how Gary Bettman messes this up.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I think the NFL will work something out in time to save at least part of next season. I don't think they want to miss the season. The NBA on the other hand- they've got some serious issues on the financial side and I don't think it will just blow away.

moving right along
    vCash
    wait. wait. I want the skater house show where they all get drunk and shag each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12