vCash

Man Stung by Scorpion on Plane

http://news.yahoo.com/us-man-stung-s...180744819.html

PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) — A man got a big surprise on a commercial flight from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska, when he was stung by a scorpion while sitting in his plane seat.

Jeff Ellis, of Oregon, said he was trying to sleep on an overnight Alaska Airlines flight June 17 when he felt something in his sleeve and tried to brush it away. He said he felt the crawling again, looked down and saw the culprit.

"I picked my hand up and said, 'Oh, my God. That's a scorpion,'" Ellis told KPTV.

He said he grabbed the scorpion with a napkin and showed it to his girlfriend, but not before it stung him on the elbow.

"At first I didn't believe him," said Suzanne Foster, Ellis' girlfriend. "But then I saw it. He held the napkin up for me to see, and I saw the tail wiggling. I pretty much jumped out of my seat."

Foster called for the flight attendant as Ellis noticed his elbow burning. He said it felt like a bee sting
    Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf-ing scorpions on this motherf-ing plane!

vCash

Scorpions remind me of that old Atari game, Pitfall, in which the hero swings on vines through the jungle, runs across disappearing lakes and jumps on the heads of alligators. If you go underground, you have to outrun a scorpion, and if it stings you the music goes "dum da dum dum DUUUUUUUM!" and then you die.

I have no idea where this non sequitur came from
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf-ing scorpions on this motherf-ing plane!
    Bwa ha ha, that was my first thought when I saw your subject line!

vCash
    Maybe Ellis was trying to recline his seat and the passenger behind him decided to get even. Perfectly logical, especially if Ellis didn't ask and the passenger behind him was a 7-foot tall basketball player with bad knees who was trying to use a laptop while drinking hot coffee.

vCash
    My DD flew over Easter break and her first flight to Newark was evacuated because someone saw a scorpion on the plane. Delayed them an hour while they removed the little beastie and checked for other stowaways.

A flight attendant said they're common in Texas (which was the stop before DD's city) Passengers bring more carry-on these days, which they place on the ground where the scorpions can easily snoop.

vCash
    Great - thanks - one more reason to dislike air travel.....

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Georgia is overridden with wood scorpions - the house I grew up in was surrounded by several acres of woods, and we used to find them in our house all the time, especially in the sinks, the laundry hampers (they love damp places and seek moisture during hot weather), inside our shoes from time to time, and for some crazy reason, inside the ceiling light fixtures.

I've been stung twice - once while sorting my laundry for the wash, and once while laying out in the yard (it was under the towel and stung me on my leg). They're not deadly like desert scorpions, but they still hurt like a mofo - far worse than any bee sting I've ever had.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Maybe Ellis was trying to recline his seat and the passenger behind him decided to get even. Perfectly logical, especially if Ellis didn't ask and the passenger behind him was a 7-foot tall basketball player with bad knees who was trying to use a laptop while drinking hot coffee.

Now, now, he paid for his seat, so both he and the scorpion have the right to recline if they so choose. No need to ask for permission.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My first thought was that Samuel L. Jackson knows what his next movie role is.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My first thought was that Samuel L. Jackson knows what his next movie role is.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death