Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Maybe American skaters just aren't that willing to f**k with him. That's the only very good connection I think he's interested in.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    "You're not working with any Americans at the moment.

I like to have a very good connection with skaters. That's why it's hard to work [with U.S. skaters]."

What is he trying to say? It's hard to have a connection with American skaters? Or just a loss in translation?
    I know the interview was conducted in English(as far as anyone can tell) but maybe he just didn't know how to say what he meant better since English is not his primary language. I dunno. Just wondering.
    I thought that's what he was trying to say, too, which I also thought was quite rude.

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Maybe American skaters just aren't that willing to f**k with him. That's the only very good connection I think he's interested in.
    That's quite rude.
    Not worth judging the phrase which has been taken out of almost all context.

vCash

vCash
    Are you suggesting that several top Japanese Men and Federation were willing to f**k with Morozov? .....

Can I assume from your statement that if a "Russian coach and American skater" do not have the proverbial "connection" then, in your mind, it means that the student is not willing to have sex with the coach?... and that the following break ups happened because Sasha Cohen was not willing to f**k with Tarasova, M. Kwan was not willing to f**k Arthunian?

Or is it the other proverbial truth, commonly brought up by Russian coaches: American skaters tend to treat coaches like employees, not with the same level of respect for him/her as a Teacher, and Russian coaches expect to be treated like Pygmalions and Zwengalis, and become "creators" like Mishin to Plushenko?

I think the later is true, given how little respect is shown to the Teacher and the Authority of Teacher in American educational institutions, starting with Elementry School, and all the way to High School.... where students in Publics schools are allow themselves to spit, swear and hit teachers.... (eye witness here......)...... where students sit on school-desks, put their legs up on the tables, walk out in the middle of the class without a permission, and text and use cell-phones ....... where parents come and yell at teachers "You are not very good baby-sitters to my child - my 15 year-old lost his text book on the way home and it's your fault"......

I don't think Morozov IN THIS CASE means f**king.... I think he simply does not want to be an "employee" to a kid who grew up with different set of values in regards to an EDUCATOR.

vCash
    No Tinami, Morozov simply has a reputation of sleeping with everything that moves, regardless of the gender.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No Tinami, Morozov simply has a reputation of sleeping with everything that moves, regardless of the gender.
    Thank you for clarifying my original statement's intent, Ziggy.

Tinami, the other coaches you referred to appear, at least to me, to have a sense of physical, interpersonal boundaries that they do not cross with their skating students/clients, particularly in public.

As has been noted here by many more posters than myself on multiple occasions, in the context of several different skaters, Nikolai Morosov does not seem to have ANY sense of such boundaries, whether in the bonds of matrimony or not. The lack of such boundaries gives the appearance of "intimate" intentions and/or feelings toward such skaters.

My original statement was meant more or less sarcastically, but one does wonder if there is not more truth behind it than we know.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    I would like to clarify that my statement is obviously based largely on gossip.

But then, gossip aside, we know for sure of Morozov's intimate involvement with some skaters he worked with. Bourne and Ando to name two.

vCash
    Really? I had no idea. Then what kind of values does he teach his students as an EDUCATOR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    According to Rippon, he wanted more of Morozov's time, because he was struggling on his own to fix and land the 3A, among other things, and Morozov was on the road a lot with his other skaters.
    Which kind of contradicts Morozov's statement that Rippon was "happy" working with him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I would like to clarify that my statement is obviously based largely on gossip.

But then, gossip aside, we know for sure of Morozov's intimate involvement with some skaters he worked with. Bourne and Ando to name two.
    Wasn't the first Mrs. Morozov (his wife prior to Bourne and the mother of his daughter) a skater he had worked with too?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Yes.
    BTW, no matter the country, the culture, the people - a coach is indeed a paid employee. So is a teacher, an educator, a counselor, a doctor. Boundaries and ethics are essential in these relationships.

vCash
    Wait, I knew about the reputation about him sleeping with his female students, but I had no idea he crossed over to his male students either (I thought the Amodio stuff was just FSUers joking around).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Which kind of contradicts Morozov's statement that Rippon was "happy" working with him.
    From Morozov's point of view, when they were in the rink, the relationship might have been productive and happy. The problem sounded to me like Rippon was happy working with him when he was there, but he wasn't there enough. It actually sounds to me a lot like dating: "Why would you dump me when we had such a good time on that date three weeks ago? You know I'm away on business every month."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Wait, I knew about the reputation about him sleeping with his female students, but I had no idea he crossed over to his male students either (I thought the Amodio stuff was just FSUers joking around).
    It's just gossip. But it really wouldn't surprise me.

vCash
    Just shows that not only he is one of the most talented and famous coaches right now, he is potent and virile as well.... Great Men and Women have great sexual demands...

Look at history! it goes with the territory..... Hooray for such people! Not only they are productive in their professions, they are also reproductive..

vCash
    I guess Morozov doesn't like the fact the we Americans tend to never bow down to anyone which i think is a good trait. It's served us well for over 200 years now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I guess Morozov doesn't like the fact the we Americans tend to never bow down to anyone which i think is a good trait. It's served us well for over 200 years now.
    I think much of the rest of the world would beg to differ on that point.

vCash
    Just because someone is potent, virile, and strive for power; ethics and princples be damned?
    Non.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I think much of the rest of the world would beg to differ on that point.
    present!

Seriously, I think he explained himself quite well in the following part of the answer.
    I read it like that:
    He likes good connections with skater.
    He had an American (adam), told him to have patience and 3a will come. Adam left.
    (Of course, there could have been other problems like not having enough time, which seems to be a constant of his skaters, Adam feeling not so good, etc...but the fact is that Morozov point out only that episode now to explain himself)

then he says Amodio and Ando trust him totally.
    (and I remember a rumour in 2007?2008? he had problems with Ando because he told her not to do a combo, and she wanted to do it, so he gave her a sort of "do you trust me? yes: don't do it. no: change coach" or similar)

So perhaps he just likes to work with skaters who trust him totally, and he feels that could be difficult with some skaters, because they're more used to question his decisions or they have not enough patience for him....but he doesn't seem so categoric, I won't be surprised to see him again work with US skaters.
    Last edited by kia_4EverOnIce; 07-09-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast