Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Or was he just saying Gachinski should improve his skating skills and it was just advice or was it a "join me" message!
    He wants to train him as well so he can be listed on his bio, but his choreography would improve.

vCash
    I do believe that you can best enjoy Morosov's interviews with a version of the DSM IV next to you...
    "A pervasive pattern of grandiosity" [...] "Has a grandiose sense of self-importance" [...] "Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love" [...] "Requires excessive admiration" [...] "Has a sense of entitlement" [...] "believes others are envious of him or her" [...] "Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes"
    I mean, there is nothing wrong with a little narcissism. It makes for great interviews. And it can get you far in life - case in point: Morosov.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    He wants to train him as well so he can be listed on his bio, but his choreography would improve.
    So would his skating skills. Morozov skaters learn to glide.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If he only spends a day on her free, does that mean he spends a couple hours doing her short?
    Wait, I m solving the equation

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The most telling part of the interview was his statement that he'd studied the judging criteria. He has. And his choreography earns points for his skaters. V/T said he was very helpful with them. I don't find his signature moves entertaining, but apparently a skater with the skills to back up the choreography is doing what the new system dictates.

I wonder how lucrative the Russian fed is making this for him. They clearly feel he's capable of producing winning skaters in all four disciplines. I don't blame them. They've got the talent to sweep (if Plushenko stays healthy) the OGMs and I'd do whatever I could to help that talent to stand on top of the podium.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    She may not be your cup of tea, but Miki is a beautiful skater. There's no need to put her down.
    It is hardly a put down, and you know I am right. She might have spent weeks on refining programs in the past, but this year's fast food program that took literally no time to create or thought out is her most successful in years in terms of medals. What that says about state of current figure skating? The program lacked in inspired moments for me personally, and it is technically monotone without spark. In Morozov's words more or less, it made no difference, and he is absolutely right.

Has her artistry improved? Perhaps? Is her an artistic skater? Not by half? Is she a great athlete? Debatable - she is a consistent Jumper. Has her team strategised her tactics to win well? Absolutely.

As long as she tick all the boxes even skated conservatively - she scores points. Her programs on the other hand is totally forgettable. I was there at Moscow watching both of her performances live, and all I can think of is how small the jumps are, the uneven pace of the program with parts that are almost at a stand still as if she is catching her breath for the big finish. The program was conservative and the performance was dry. It is like going to a very expensive restaurant with all the trimming and settings there, but having very bland soup with tons of butter and no flavour.

I have a great memory, but I have to be completely honest, I totally don't remember any of it except coming away thinking, picking the soundtrack to the Mission is the smartest decision Morozov has ever made. The whole music is like a romantic fog, perfect to hide away any deficiencies Miki has as a performer, which is her lack of musicality and expressing beyond what is on paper.

Her Ex Gala on the other hand was pretty good, her best performance by far I have ever seen. I think she was inspired and it clearly showed.
    Last edited by os168; 07-01-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    If it weren't for me, there would be no Daisuke Takahashi.
    What a moron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The most telling part of the interview was his statement that he'd studied the judging criteria. He has. And his choreography earns points for his skaters. V/T said he was very helpful with them. I don't find his signature moves entertaining, but apparently a skater with the skills to back up the choreography is doing what the new system dictates.

I wonder how lucrative the Russian fed is making this for him. They clearly feel he's capable of producing winning skaters in all four disciplines. I don't blame them. They've got the talent to sweep (if Plushenko stays healthy) the OGMs and I'd do whatever I could to help that talent to stand on top of the podium.
    What about Terminator Yagudin?

vCash
    You're not working with any Americans at the moment.

I like to have a very good connection with skaters. That's why it's hard to work [with U.S. skaters]. I worked with a great skater, Adam Rippon; he was happy, and then the [triple] Axel didn't work at competitions, and I told him just wait, it takes time. Then he moved to [Brian] Orser, and the Axel still didn't work all of the time. Now he has another coach. That's how things happen.
    That is also how I understood that the matter was... And Rippon did not take Orser´s advice about off-ice training. Anyway, we will see how Rippon fares in coming season with another coach.

vCash
    He must help Plush too!!!!ROTFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    It is hardly a put down, and you know I am right.
    To each his own. And yes, your condescending tone (...it would have made NO difference... this is Miki!) does come across as a put down to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    To each his own. And yes, your condescending tone (...it would have made NO difference... this is Miki!) does come across as a put down to me.
    People should be allowed to call a rubish a rubish.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    That is also how I understood that the matter was... And Rippon did not take Orser´s advice about off-ice training. Anyway, we will see how Rippon fares in coming season with another coach.
    According to Rippon, he wanted more of Morozov's time, because he was struggling on his own to fix and land the 3A, among other things, and Morozov was on the road a lot with his other skaters.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    People should be allowed to call a rubish a rubish.
    What is a rubish? Is it like a radish?

Whatever, that rubixh beat Yuna this year. Not bad.

vCash
    "If it weren't for me, there would be no Daisuke Takahashi. ...... Now Kozuka is skating so well, because Takahashi, he pushed all the Japanese boys to skate to a new level."
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    picking the soundtrack to the Mission is the smartest decision Morozov has ever made. The whole music is like a romantic fog, perfect to hide away any deficiencies Miki has as a performer, which is her lack of musicality and expressing beyond what is on paper.
    exactly my thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Well, I remember it slightly differently. The first time I saw Adam in competition was Skate America 2008. It was not an impressive performance. His free program looked empty. Then he moved to Toronto, David Wilson modified the program, and Adam's performance became much more alive later in the season.

I suspect Morozov did not have enough time to fine-tune Adam's programs, which might have been a factor in his decision to go to a different coach/choreographer.
    Last edited by seabm7; 07-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    zhulin did the same thing, jabbed at lang and tchernyshev saying (paraphrasing) they left him and accomplished what? i think many coaches do this--not an admirable practice but it just shows nobody likes to feel like they've been dumped. doesn't prove that the student was in the wrong to leave.

adam has a good chance to thrive in detroit and have the last laugh.
    Sometimes I feel that the Russian and European skaters and coaches can be a bit more direct and blunt than their North American counterparts.

To be fair, the L&T situation seemed to be somewhat similar to the Adam Rippon situation as was described a few posts earlier. They don't want to take the advice of the coach or there are other various assorted issues and when things don't work out they blame the coach. Actually both sides blame the other. I remember after L&T had yet another disastrous outting of the Storm/Air on a G-String FD at the GWG's Zhulin commented that backstage someone told him "you know you've just lost them." Air on a G-String was one of L&T's best FD's; it's not Zhulins fault that for whatever reason L&T never were able to put the program out there the way it should have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I remember after L&T had yet another disastrous outting of the Storm/Air on a G-String FD at the GWG's Zhulin commented that backstage someone told him "you know you've just lost them."
    That was the first time they lost to Navka & Kostomorov, and they never recovered. It was fair though, IMO of course.

Air on a G-String was one of L&T's best FD's; it's not Zhulins fault that for whatever reason L&T never were able to put the program out there the way it should have been.
    It was her. It was always her.

He should have skated with Navka or Grishuk.

vCash
    including 2010 world ice dance champions Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov
    Who would have thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    So would his skating skills. Morozov skaters learn to glide.
    Working with any ice dance coach would have that effect. Even lower-level ice dancers have better basic skills than the majority of the best singles.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast