vCash

Annette Dytrt retired from competitive skating

The announcement was released on her homepage in German.

Pressemitteilung – „KARRIEREENDE ANNETTE DYTRT“ - 19.05.2011 –
    In der vergangenen Woche hat die deutsche Eiskunstläuferin Annette Dytrt eine schwere Entscheidung treffen müssen. Während den harten Vorbereitungen auf die Deutsche Meisterschaft mit dem neuen Trainer Ingo Steuer, traf sie und ihre Familie ein harter Schicksalsschlag.
    Aufgrund eines plötzlichen und tragischen Todesfalls in der Familie, entschied die 5- fache Deutsche Meisterin im Eiskunstlauf ihre Amateurkarriere mit sofortiger Wirkung zu beenden.
    Sie selbst sagt:
    „Ich bedanke mich bei allen Fans und Freunden, sowie den vielen Menschen, die über die Jahre für mich da waren. Die Entscheidung ist mir nicht leicht gefallen, doch will ich für meine Familie da sein. Eiskunstlauf war und ist meine große Leidenschaft und sicherlich werde ich in Zukunft das eine oder andere Showlaufen bestreiten.“
    Nach 5 deutschen Meisterschaftstiteln und mehreren Teilnahmen an Europa- und Weltmeisterschaften, sagt die sympathische Sportlerin nun „Good-Bye“.

---
    main parts:

Due to a sudden and tracig death in her family Annette Dytrt retired from competitive skating with immediate effect.

She thanks the fans and friends and all the other people, supporting her through the years. The decision was not easy for her but she wants tu support her family. Figure Skating was and is her great passion and she will take part in some ice shows. After 5 German titles and many Europeans and Wolrds the Sympathic sportswoman says: Good-Bye.

---
    Sad news, the best for her and her family. Wish, I could have seen her once more in a competition.

vCash
    sad!!!

i wish she was given the chance to compete in Torino in 2006 finishing tenth at europeans that year was not an embarrassment. The German federation should have let her reach her dream

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Again?
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Wishing her all the best of luck for whatever comes next!
    Last edited by sandra_persch; 06-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    sad!!!

i wish she was given the chance to compete in Torino in 2006 finishing tenth at europeans that year was not an embarrassment. The German federation should have let her reach her dream
    I can't forgive the German Olympic Committee that....

Anette's skating was very special. She will be missed.

I feel sorry for her loss and I hope she is well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Again?
    OK ok, but considering she must be going through quite a difficult time right now, let's just wish her the best, ja?

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    How do you say her name? Di-tert?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    How do you say her name? Di-tert?
    Something like that, I think.

vCash
    I'm glad I got the chance to see her at Skate America in Everett, even though her performance was not great. I got the sense that nerves made it hard for her to show what she was really capable of.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    One of the main reasons she will have retired is that of January this year she has got no more funding from the Bavarian Federation and from middle of May she was informed that she was not in the Bundeswehr anymore. So she gets no more money to pay for coaching fees. If she were to continue she would have had to pay everything by herself...

vCash
    Best of luck to her in the future, I was always a fan of her skating. She really deserved a trip to the olympics in 2006, the German Olympic Committee seem to be very tough.

My favourite performance of hers is the world short in 2005, even though she did fall on the combination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2TPMcFWPVc

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    The last few years have definitely been tough on her, but she had several memorable skates a few seasons back and nice presentation.

My condolences on the loss in her family. Best wishes for the future, Annette!!!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    My favourite performance of hers is the world short in 2005, even though she did fall on the combination

Fantastic dress, good expression, decent choreography.

Didn't she skate this clean at Euros?

vCash
    I'm sorry about her family loss... it's always a sad reason to end anything.

I'm a bit out of the loop here, was Steuer her coach? The ISU bio still lists Michael Huth.

vCash
    ^ She did a bit of coach-hopping. She left Huth for Karel Fajfer, then switched to Steuer.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Best of luck to her in the future, I was always a fan of her skating. She really deserved a trip to the olympics in 2006, the German Olympic Committee seem to be very tough.

this was by far her best program. great choreo by tatiana tarasova. at this time, she seemed to be on her way up ander shanette folle, but whe know the story....

i really ike her programs of the last season (o mio babino caro & forrest gump); goregous progams, but never skated to their potential, not even close