Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Pretty Little Liars and The Nine Lives of Chloe King!

[Yes, I'm a teenager. Get over it! ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    All the U.S. International Selection Pool skaters who are ISU Junior age-eligible this season are asked at which level they would like to compete internationally (senior vs. junior) and this decision has to be made, AFAIK, well before the Junior and Senior Grand Prix assignments happen.
    Thanks Sylvia. So, we would have to wait for her public announcement to find out what she chose to do?

vCash
    Usually we fans find out when the JGP skaters are announced/preliminary JGP rosters are published online or their names appear on the Senior Grand Prix initial assignment list (like Kristine Musademba's last year for Cup of China, for example).

vCash
    After Liberty, I'd rank my own list of possible contendors for the TBA spots this way- granted USFS could see things very differently:

LADIES
    1. Samantha Cesario
    2. Melissa Bulanhagui and Joelle Forte
    4. Angela Wang
    5. Amanda Dobbs

MEN
    1. Keegan Messing, Max Aaron, Scott Dyer
    4. Alexander Zahradnicek
    5. Armin Mahbanoozadeh

Shuffling may occur after Skate Detroit and Glacier Falls...

Last year the TBA spots were announced on September 1 or 2.

vCash
    I think Cesario should be sent to the JGP.

If she continues skating like that, she could make the final.

vCash
    Team Keegan for the mens spot

Is Samantha competing at any more competitions this summer? I have to watch her Liberty skates, but judging by all the good reviews she received at Liberty, it'd be awesome for that spot to go to her

vCash
    I'd love to see either Samantha or Amanda and Armin @ SA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Team Keegan for the mens spot

Is Samantha competing at any more competitions this summer? I have to watch her Liberty skates, but judging by all the good reviews she received at Liberty, it'd be awesome for that spot to go to her
    Probably Mid Atlantics in NYC in early September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    After Liberty, I'd rank my own list of possible contendors for the TBA spots this way- granted USFS could see things very differently:

LADIES
    1. Samantha Cesario
    2. Melissa Bulanhagui and Joelle Forte
    4. Angela Wang
    5. Amanda Dobbs
    No Kristiene Gong in your rankings? I would put her second, after Cesario, depending on how she does this summer (though, IIRC, she hasn't signed up for a summer event yet?).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Michelle Kwan.
    I would make the trip for that. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    No Kristiene Gong in your rankings? I would put her second, after Cesario, depending on how she does this summer (though, IIRC, she hasn't signed up for a summer event yet?).
    Her skating is too juniorish for me, I got nothing out of her pres/programs last year. Plus, I haven't seen her registered anywhere so she's fallen off the map for me. Looking forward to seeing how the others do at Skate Detroit though!

vCash
    Peter Liebers has given up competing at SA because of an injury, is it a case to discuss here who's going to take his place? No chance for an American man to take it, though.

I'd give it to either Mura or Machida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    Peter Liebers has given up competing at SA because of an injury, is it a case to discuss here who's going to take his place? No chance for an American man to take it, though.

I'd give it to either Mura or Machida.
    Could be Machida. I've heard he's training around LA area (Lake Arrowhead?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Could be Machida. I've heard he's training around LA area (Lake Arrowhead?)
    It doesn't matter. There will be a very strict protocol for alternates this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    It doesn't matter. There will be a very strict protocol for alternates this year.
    Rumors are everywhere but there's no official anouncement. Clearly, the ISU's intention is to make GPS more prestigious and commercially attracttive events. It's not an organization run by strict rules. I believe the host federation (who actually pays the bill) has the final say. Frankly, I think Denis Ten (another LA area skater) would be top on the list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Rumors are everywhere but there's no official anouncement. Clearly, the ISU's intention is to make GPS more prestigious and commercially attracttive events. It's not an organization run by strict rules. I believe the host federation (who actually pays the bill) has the final say. Frankly, I think Denis Ten (another LA area skater) would be top on the list
    There will be an announcement which will specify the exact rules for the alternate lists.

USFS will not have a final say. They will have to invite the skater who will be on top of the list.

vCash
    What if the skater at the top of the list is an American which would go against the 3 per country rule, or if he/she already has a GP event the next week. Would they really accept to fly from Canada to China for example? They will probably do but I hope ISU think about these scenarios before making another announcemnt full of crypict rules and holes.

vCash
    I think that the idea is that the best of the best will be on the Grand Prix. It might not equate with who you think are the best, but I really believe that they are trying to make things a bit more fair. Before alternates were selected based on things like... Who can get here in time? or Who won't beat our skater? Now, there will be a list of folks that will have to be invited should a slot open up. These skaters, in theory, would be on stand by and should have VISA applications in and approved so that they can go. Heck, if I were an alternate, I might even fly to wherever I was an alternate hoping that a spot would open up in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    What if the skater at the top of the list is an American which would go against the 3 per country rule, or if he/she already has a GP event the next week. Would they really accept to fly from Canada to China for example? They will probably do but I hope ISU think about these scenarios before making another announcemnt full of crypict rules and holes.
    Then the second person on the list gets it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Then the second person on the list gets it?
    This is ISU we're talking about, easy and coherent solutions has never been their strength

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast