Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Latvia was a deep field, but Yasmin did pass up a good opportunity because pretty much everyone except for Shelepen made some pretty major errors in their LPs and if Yasmin had just been a little cleaner between her two programs, she could have edged out Agafonova (who's LP was a borderline mess, though her SP was good) for the bronze. I do worry about Yasmin once she grows though, as she is already getting a lot of -GOE for her triple jumps and she's still teeny tiny. She has so many other good qualities to her skating, though, and she at least has all of her triples, but still, I wish they were just a little more consistent/solid.
    Not quite. She landed one triple loop on the JGP last season but that was only because it was a requirement in the sp. Since then, she has dropped it entirely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Yasmin Siraj skated SENIOR at 2011 Nationals and finished 8th.
    Yes. I knew that. It wasn't clear in my last post. I ran Yasmin's finish at US Senior Nats with her status as a top Jr. lady in the same sentence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Latvia was a deep field, but Yasmin did pass up a good opportunity because pretty much everyone except for Shelepen made some pretty major errors in their LPs and if Yasmin had just been a little cleaner between her two programs, she could have edged out Agafonova (who's LP was a borderline mess, though her SP was good) for the bronze. I do worry about Yasmin once she grows though, as she is already getting a lot of -GOE for her triple jumps and she's still teeny tiny. She has so many other good qualities to her skating, though, and she at least has all of her triples, but still, I wish they were just a little more consistent/solid.
    I love Yasmin-I love her musicality, her sense of expression, and her ability to convey things on the ice. But I don't love looking at protocols and seeing those negative GOEs.

The reason I want her to do well is that I could see her being a legitimate choice for the YOG, but in order to compete against (potential/likely competitors at YOG and beyond) Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova, she needs to get those GOEs in the positive range...I'd rather see her do a 3-2 than have to deal with what comes with a fall on the 3-3. At this point, anyway.

Ashley Cain is a different story. I see her going much further in pairs than singles, but still, what exactly did she do in the LP? I kinda saw her medalling...

Last, but not least: yes, better to peak later than earlier; at the same time, why isn't the US sending people like Leah Keiser? All because of Nationals? Really, Leah and Gracie Gold have had really nice off-seasons (not to mention, at least in Leah's case, she competed in what I would say is the toughest area for regionals/sectionals at that level. Where does Gracie compete?) and, if we're going to take that into consideration for GPs, yes, we have the time to take it into consideration for the JGP (especially because Leah/Gracie have been doing an awesome job all summer. Just saying).

vCash
    Gracie competed at Mids last year. She was kind of a mess during sectionals although I can't remember if there was a reason for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Gracie competed at Mids last year. She was kind of a mess during sectionals although I can't remember if there was a reason for that.
    4 inch growthspurt IIRC. She seems to be adjusted now, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    She was also sick

vCash
    YES for Cannuscio/Lorello getting the ID spot. They should have received it over Hubbell/Donahue in the first place.

I would have preferred Bulanghui and Frodo over Forte and Ihaveasnoozeday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    YES for Cannuscio/Lorello getting the ID spot. They should have received it over Hubbell/Donahue in the first place.

I would have preferred Bulanghui and Frodo over Forte and Ihaveasnoozeday.
    Who's Frodo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Who's Frodo?
    Frodo gave his finger for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    Frodo gave his finger for you.
    Poor Frodo.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Who's Frodo?
    Messing, perhaps?

Ziggy

vCash
    Messing proves that hobbits can be hot. <3

vCash
    Messing has had a rather rocky summer season, despite the amount of times he's competed. I think it was wise to just let him improve and be ready for Nationals. Will he have to do regionals/sectionals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Messing has had a rather rocky summer season, despite the amount of times he's competed. I think it was wise to just let him improve and be ready for Nationals. Will he have to do regionals/sectionals?
    Yes, although I'm still hoping he'll get Finlandia.

I would assume he'd get out of regionals as I doubt there are more than 4 NWP men.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112