14 31.82%
  • Javier

10 22.73%
  • Vicki

2 4.55%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    But--Holy close vote Batman! Javier may want to send Bieber some flowers or something! Lol.
    Justin's manager is one of Adam's best friends, so I think Adam might want to buy him a very nice gift.

Adam and Blake both looked ready to hurl waiting for the result.

This really is a great group of coaches and singers.

Props to the producers for not hiding the fact that Dia sold the most downloads. (AI producers still haven't mentioned the relatively high number of Haley downloads.)

One nitpick. For the finale of a show called "The Voice" I think they could have gotten better voices for the guests. I get that Adam is buddies with Pat Monahan and Ryan Tedder, but if he is going to get them gigs on the show, then they should sing with his contestant. What did Vicci ever do to deserve that duet with Pat? And surely they could have found a better duet partner for Bev. I love Blake, but Mrs. Shelton was not the ideal choice for Dia.

I'm sure this whole experience will boost Vicci's and Bev's careers even if they don't get signed by major labels.

For Dia, I'm sure Blake will look out for her. Plus, everyone knows that she has sold the highest number of downloads, not only this week, but for the past month, so I'd be really surprised if she doesn't get signed.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Not sure how I missed this information (or if it's been posted yet) but Javier has an official Twitter account. Here's his username in case anyone else wants to follow him: @Javstwtr

His tweet tonight: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (And yes, he does have all those exclamation points there, LOL )

Found some other ones for you guys in case you're interested:

Dia: @DiaFramps
    Beverly: @beverlyshane
    Vicci: @VicciMartinez
    Nakia: @Nakia
    Xenia: @X3NIA17
    Casey Westin: @casey_westen
    Adam Levine: @adamlevine
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I thought Stevie Nicks/Javier and Miranda Lambert/Dia's duets were both very good. They actually sang the songs together. The harmonies were beautiful. Bev/Tedder and Vicci/Moynahan both shouted the song, but not together. Of course, there's no telling how much rehersal time they had since Train is on tour and I assume so is One Republic.

I have no problems with Javiar getting the win. He's got an excellent voice. I'd have had no problems with any of the top 4 winning this show. All sing very well. It came down to a matter of personal choice and style. I think people voted for the singer they really liked and not for the singer they disliked the least.

I also have no problem with Carson Daily. He's a 1000x better than Seacreast. He does not make the show about him. I don't even mind Twitter girl. Mark Burnett was very smart in tapping into twitter during the show and using itunes as part of the voting mechanism. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see AI do a copycat next spring. Nigel and Simon Fuller have to be aware they will face some stiff competition from the Voice. It will be very interesting to see what NBC and Fox do with the scheduling, particularly during the dreadful AI audition weeks when the Voice will be doing the very entertaining blind auditions.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I'm thrilled Javier won! They pulled kept the b.s. to a minimum and aired a classy finale. Yesssss!

vCash
    Just read the Hartford Courant and found out that Javier lives in the next town over from mine. He grew up in Stratford, CT. I really should make it a point to try and catch the concert in Wallingford, a half hour away; it's likely to be stupendous!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yes, you should. And then let us know. I'm so sad there won't be any dates close enough for me to attend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Yes, you should. And then let us know. I'm so sad there won't be any dates close enough for me to attend.
    I was disappointed as well. I assumed it would come to the DC area. The entire Southeast was left out of the tour, which struck me as somewhat odd.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I was disappointed as well. I assumed it would come to the DC area. The entire Southeast was left out of the tour, which struck me as somewhat odd.
    I suspect they threw it together in a hurry since they didn't even announce there would be a tour until two weeks ago. Finding venues and getting the logistics set up would be daunting, ergo, there are only 6 dates. The show proved way more popular than expected. They'll probably do more next summer. I'm wondering if Maroon 5 will let Javier open for them for the rest of their tour? Or even Casey?

vCash
    I am SOOOOO happy with the Top 2 and final outcome. PERFECT!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Javi carried Stevie in the duet. His harmonies were absolutely perfect and camouflaged her problems perfectly. Next best was probably Vicci's. I didn't enjoy Dia's as her voice just didn't blend with Miranda. As for Bev, way to throw her under the bus. Either they didn't rehearse, or couldn't agree on a key. Still love her though.

I'm very happy with the outcome, even though Javier wasn't my favorite. What a refreshing change to have a Top 8 where everyone can actually sing!!!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Wow Wow Wow! I've played the Stevie Nicks/Javier Colon Landslide duet a good half-dozen times since my initial viewing last night. Simply AMAZING!

Goddess Stevie

Download her "Enchanted" CD sometime ... many hits, many originals and reworks of Mac's/her past songs, 100% outstanding.

That peformance, and his Stitch by Stitch (which follows Landslide at the Hulu vid, above), moved Javier to the top of my list among this final 4. But I'd have been happy with any of the four winning.

The Voice has been such a great find this summer. Excellent show! Looking forward to January, and hoping that the PTB do not make "too" many changes to a damned good formula.

Bev is one of the most likeable people I've ever seen on TV. And her original song - or should I say Bev's performance of a pretty good original song - was all kinds of

Cee-Lo's costuming for Love is a Battlefield

ETA: Seriously, Aceon, Javier "carried" Stevie Nicks in the duet of her timeless song? Just where were her "problems"?
    Last edited by Beefcake; 06-30-2011 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    The video is gone...

vCash
    ^ paste-in mistake. corrected.

vCash
    Thank you!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Is Gen in a depression because her girl Vicci didn't win? ((((Gen)))) Maybe you should find where she's playing and offer her comfort.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Is Gen in a depression because her girl Vicci didn't win? ((((Gen)))) Maybe you should find where she's playing and offer her comfort.

No...yes...no...

I went right from The Voice to SYTYCD last night and didn't have time to post.

First off - congrats to all!!! Tuesday was such a fantastic night of performances there's no way to be disappointed no matter who won. I hope all of them end up getting recording contracts because they're all fab and made great connections with audiences

I am surprised Javier won - he went from being the frontrunner in the beginning to almost being an afterthought, but clearly he resonated with many fans. Someone said Tues they thought Vicci and Bev may have split votes and I wonder if that's true. Certainly Dia and Javier would have less crossover of fans. But Javier has a fantastic voice and to him!!!

Now about that finale...I appreciate that it was an hour and they just moved things along - but it was OBVIOUS who the top 2 were going to be based on the duet selections. Bev & Vic got HOSED. I like "Drops of Jupiter" (and thank god she didn't have to sing that wretched "Soul Sister" dreck), but Vicci and whatsisname's duet was awful, Their voices didn't mesh at all, it was in the wrong key for her, it was the wrong kind of song for her, and it sounded like the two of them had maybe one runthrough together before the performance. ((((Vicci)))). Beverly didn't fare any better - she looked like she's never even heard the song before (I certainly hadn't), and at one point I was convinced she was about to blow the lines. On top of that, what a completely insipid song - c'mon Voice - that's the kind of song Blake gave Xenia to sing so she could tell us to point to the left. ((((Beverly)))) I agree with whoever said upthread that if OneRepublic was Adam's connection, his singer should have endured the duet.

I have been a hardcore fan of Stevie Nicks since I was 12 years old. I ADORE Stevie Nicks. "Landslide" is not my favorite of hers but I get why people love it. That said ... Javier totally carried that performance. A lot of singers speed up their performances of iconic songs when they get older (I always think it's because they've sung them so many thousands of times there's nothing left to the song to them any more), but Stevie was trying to slow that down to a dirge. The "personal connection" between them was Javier trying to see if he was allowed to sing the next line yet But really - after the first 2 duets this was bloody brilliant.

I don't know what y'all were smokin who said Dia and Miranda's voices didn't fit well together. I thought that was an amazing performance. At times I couldn't tell whose voice was whose. Are the duets available on iTunes? Cause this one I will buy for sure.

I really thought Dia was going to win this. No matter - I think she's on her way and will end up having the most successful career of them all. Not to mention that I think Blake Shelton is going to legally adopt her in about 2 minutes.

...now off to let Vicci know I'm available to help her get through this......
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I really thought Dia was going to win this. No matter - I think she's on her way and will end up having the most successful career of them all. Not to mention that I think Blake Shelton is going to legally adopt her in about 2 minutes.
    He and Miranda are so huge in country music that I think they could pull in all sorts of favors to get talented people to work with Dia. Nashville is full of people who could do good things with Dia, even if it isn't country music. Plus, I think The Voice is going to feel like they have to get her signed given how close the result was and the fact that she won the download vote. A lot of people think that Dia would have won if not for Bieber asking his feverish fans to vote for Javier. (If even one percent of his followers did his bidding, that would have garnered one million online votes, which probably would have more than made up for that 2% difference).

ITA with you about Stevie. She was not only singing very slowly, but also was nasally. That was not a good way to promote her concerts and upcoming album.

Give Vicci my regards when you see her. And tell her she rocks.

vCash
    EW article on what worked and what didn't from this season - I mostly agree with the writer, although I think some things that 'didn't work' just need to be tweaked (except for the Twitter Twit, who just needs to GO), and in the 'did work' category I'd include 'no initial auditions' aka no William Hung types. Knowing there was at least one person who got in front of the judges (Lukas Rossi) and it didn't even air means that they edited it down to who really could make it to the battle rounds.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/30/th...e-what-worked/

I'm amazed that all 4 judges will be coming back and
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm amazed that all 4 judges will be coming back and
    I'd be very happy with that. They looked like they were having fun and still took the job seriously. It will be interesting to see if Cowell and company can do as well with the mentoring part of X Factor. Cee Lo, Xtina, Blake and Adam set a very high standard.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Is anyone planning to watch X Factor? I'm not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast