Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Bev looks like James St. James tonight.

I hope Dia pulls this off.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think they should just declare a tie.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Javiar Wins!

Dia will do as well. What a great show! Congratulations to Javier. I will download his duet with Stevie if they put it on itunes.

vCash
    Booo!!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'm kind of surprised because javier was my least favorite of the top 8 but i can see how other people might like him.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Yay Javier!!!

vCash
    Oh well, congrats to him. I think Dia will be fine even without winning. I'm not sure he would have been.

vCash
    They are all winners in my opinion, but I really wanted Bev to win. There's just something so endearing and real about her.
    Team Peeps!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Oh well, congrats to him. I think Dia will be fine even without winning. I'm not sure he would have been.
    So do I. She's extremely talented and versitile. I can't wait till next season.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Another Bev fan here who can't wait to see what she does. This won't be the last we hear of her I'm betting. As has been said, she's just so real and enduring. Combine that w/her voice and...Pretty good one two punch.

Kind of let down by that, as Javier was also at the bottom end of my list of the Top 8, tied w/Xenia. He's good, but to me, he just never really lived up to the potential of his audition. Did love the duet w/Stevie tonight though.

I really am surprised it wasn't Dia however. Just from how the iTunes voting went the last two weeks. Her duet w/Amanda was the best thing from tonight and I echo whomever said she should work w/Alison Krauss. *That's* who Dia sounds a bit like. It's been driving me nuts not being able to put my finger on it, so thanks for that!! She'll have a great career w/Blake behind her and really do that crossover niche justice if she wants to go that route.

Even though the end was a let down in a way to me, this show just was amazing and I can't wait for next Winter when it comes back. AI...you have a problem!!

vCash
    As the caboose to The Voice love train, I will happily be on board for the next season from episode 1. Loved the talent, the song pool they had to choose from and the 'mentor' idea was brilliant. Not surprised that Mark Burnett got the good stuff for this, he did Rock Star:INXS (our band) proud with the song clearance.

I voted for Dia, but would happily support any of the top 8 (minus Casey, who reminded me of a bleating sparkly goat).

Trivia - Miranda Lambert was part of "Nashville Star" years ago - she lost.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    As the caboose to The Voice love train, I will happily be on board for the next season from episode 1. Loved the talent, the song pool they had to choose from and the 'mentor' idea was brilliant. Not surprised that Mark Burnett got the good stuff for this, he did Rock Star:INXS (our band) proud with the song clearance.

I voted for Dia, but would happily support any of the top 8 (minus Casey, who reminded me of a bleating sparkly goat).

Trivia - Miranda Lambert was part of "Nashville Star" years ago - she lost.
    Which goes to show, one doesn't have to win to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm kind of surprised because javier was my least favorite of the top 8 but i can see how other people might like him.
    I'm not surprised. Dia was higher than Javier on Itunes, but Justin Bieber has over ten million followers on Twitter and he sent out a tweet last night to vote for Javier.

Javier was my least favorite of the final four, but I'm fine with him winning, even if Adam may be insufferable as a result.

vCash
    I feel like I'm in the minority as I've actually loved Javier since the very beginning - I think he has an amazingly pure and raw voice that just about kills me every time! I also fell in love with Dia's voice with her renditions of Heartless and Losing my religion.
    For that matter I loved all of the top 4, but I honestly figured that the winner would be Beverly or Javier, with Dia 3rd and Vicci 4th. After the performances last night, I was fairly certain that Beverly would win and that Vicci might actually finish higher just based on her duet.
    I'm very happy to see that Javier won as I absolutely adore his voice, but I think that all of the top 4 have a bright future!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Wow, I love it. At the start I thought Javier had The Voice, but Bev and Vicci grew so much I wound up loving them. And Dia is so marketable, I thought she'd win. But like I said, I just lurve the lurvefest. Great show. Yay Javier, he soooo needed this.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I missed the entire episode tonight due to Vacation Bible School (and just for the record, I am beyond exhausted and we still have one day left, LOL) but I am THRILLED Javier won! I would have been happy with any of the four but I also loved Javier from the very beginning and I'm so excited that he's getting this opportunity. I'll have to find the show online when VBS is over and I can't wait to download his songs from these last two days.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Booooooooooo. Javier ??? Not the best IMO.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Congratulations to Javier. He didn't really connect with me, but he has a nice tone to his voice, so the raw material is clearly there. Hopefully someone with his new record deal will help him go the distance.

But--Holy close vote Batman! Javier may want to send Bieber some flowers or something! Lol.

I think Dia will be fine. She got tons of exposure and momentum on this show.

I'm glad they didn't announce 4th place, 3rd place. It wasn't necessary. Classier just to announce top 2.

Bev's duet with the One Republic guy was beyond dreadful. Very shouty and off-key for both of them. Dia's duet with Miranda was pleasant. I don't remember the other two duets.

Carson Daly was sooooo dull, which made the final announcement really anti-climactic. Please get rid of him for next season, and Twitter Girl too!

All in all, a pretty good show. I'm glad I watched!
    Last edited by Cheylana; 06-30-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    C

Bev's duet with the One Republic guy was beyond dreadful. Very shouty and off-key for both of them.
    Yeah, I wondered if they were both having trouble hearing.

I am in love with Blake Shelton (as long as I don't have to hear him sing). What a nice beautiful man.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I honestly thought that Dia out sang everyone in the last 2 weeks. And was surprised with Javier's win

Beverly has done nothing but shout over the last 2 weeks. I felt like all she really did was a Melissa E. copycat.

But all four will have great careers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast