Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    As far as I m concerned if Dick Button wants to make a comeback, who would tell him not to?
    Considering that at Dick's age he could easily crack his head open with just a simple fall on a three jump, EVERYBODY would tell him NOT to return.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    EVAN, WEIR AND WEISS FOR SOCHI!!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It has to do with the rabid Plushenko fans who were outraged that Evan won the OGM in Vancouver -- they had a special platinum medal made for him to "trump" the gold earned by Evan .
    Plushy fans are admins of his official site? Hm..I didn´t know, thanks for telling me. I´ll post some diamond medals there and then we can call Plushy ODM too.

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Plushy fans are admins of his official site? Hm..I didn´t know, thanks for telling me. I´ll post some diamond medals there and then we can call Plushy ODM too.
    o.O Medal!? You just KNOW with Plushenco anything less than a Diamond crown will NOT do!

vCash
    ^ he is known also as Empress Elisabeth of Austria

vCash
    The 2010 Olympic GOLD Medalist Evan Lysacek feels great to be back to training!

How I've missed waking up to every muscle on my body aching. Feels great to be back to training! Thank you all for the outpouring of support
    http://twitter.com/#!/EvanLysacek/st...45384154525696

vCash
    Maybe he'll end up cleaning up on the ICE series?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    IMO Evan became quite a different skater in the Olympic year. I was never a fan of his until then. It was as if a lot of things finally all came together at the same time. So, I most definitely want to see more competition from him. In any case, he seems to have a healthy attitude about what might lie ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    In any case, he seems to have a healthy attitude about what might lie ahead.
    Yes, he seems to be a very realistic person and has a great attitude towards working.

vCash
    Evan caught my attention in 2006 Olympics, mostly because of his handsome face and very inspirational comeback after suffering such a severe illness.

I didn't became a fan of his skating though until 2009 World Championships, which IMO was one of his major breakthrough points. There's something very special about him and his skating that I've never seen from anybody else (and I do think he's one of the most underappreciated skaters on this board).

I was thrilled about his Olympic victory, then was completely blown away by his amazing SOI performance, which was much more impressive to watch live than on TV. He was a rock star on ice and skated like a true Olympic Champion.

As many people said, there's not much he could gain but there could be a lot to lose when he chose to return to competitive skating, I'm sure he's fully aware of that too. But he still decided to go for the tough route, because that's where his heart belongs to. When you do something because of pure passion and love but not just for fame or money, that's where the success will come along. Not to mention this is a guy who always gives it 120% whatever he's determined to do.

So I think he'll make a successful comeback, and I wish him all the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    E

As many people said, there's not much he could gain but there could be a lot to lose when he chose to return to competitive skating, I'm sure he's fully aware of that too. But he still decided to go for the tough route, because that's where his heart belongs to. When you do something because of pure passion and love but not just for fame or money, that's where the success will come along. Not to mention this is a guy who always gives it 120% whatever he's determined to do.

So I think he'll make a successful comeback, and I wish him all the best.
    Do you think Yuna lost much when she competed at Worlds and didn't win?
    It doesn't seem that she did. When one has an OGM, it seems to me that much is overlooked and forgiven. The OGM rules.

vCash
    When one has an OGM, it seems to me that much is overlooked and forgiven. The OGM rules.
    Sarah Hughes would beg to differ

vCash
    I'm really not trying to be mean. Evan is a terrific skater. BUT, he's got nowhere to go but down. He was VERY lucky to win his Olympic gold and I personally don't think he'll ever come close to that again. So, if I were him, I would take my Oly. title and run with it. But, maybe he doesn't really mind if he never reaches the top again. In the end, it's his decision, so I'll just wish him luck with whatever he decides to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    I'm really not trying to be mean. Evan is a terrific skater. BUT, he's got nowhere to go but down. He was VERY lucky to win his Olympic gold and I personally don't think he'll ever come close to that again. So, if I were him, I would take my Oly. title and run with it. But, maybe he doesn't really mind if he never reaches the top again. In the end, it's his decision, so I'll just wish him luck with whatever he decides to do.
    Lucky?? He worked his @$$ of for that medal for a very long time, and he did skate the cleanest and most consistent programs of all the men combined. I find it kind of rude that you call his victory "lucky." Evan's a hard worker, and a naturally gifted skater. He might not be World Champion again, or win a world medal of any color, but I'm very confident he won't embarrass himself.

vCash
    is there any info on his music choice yet? handsome face with inspiring attitude getting back to the ice is always a good news to hear

vCash
    Evan is a fine tuned machine and his experience with DWS only enhanced that.

vCash
    Evan is a fine tuned machine and his experience with DWS only enhanced that.
    Oh yeah, he's "fine tuned" for sure!

vCash
    Do you think Yuna lost much when she competed at Worlds and didn't win?
    It doesn't seem that she did.
    Her tears on the podium spoke volumes. I think it was more than disappointment about not winning. Most likely she would rather not continue to skate but is being pressured to do so by her mother and her federation. After the Olympics she ran out of steam and her performance at that Worlds was uninspired. Then she missed the GP series and was again uninspired at worlds.

To me her tears spoke of relief that it was over, and also of unhappiness in general. It is likely very hard for her to defy the wishes of her mother and the federation, especially since she feels such a huge responsibility to Korea - a responsibility to earn 2 spots for her country, a responsibility to win titles for her fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Her tears on the podium spoke volumes. I think it was more than disappointment about not winning. Most likely she would rather not continue to skate but is being pressured to do so by her mother and her federation. After the Olympics she ran out of steam and her performance at that Worlds was uninspired. Then she missed the GP series and was again uninspired at worlds.

To me her tears spoke of relief that it was over, and also of unhappiness in general. It is likely very hard for her to defy the wishes of her mother and the federation, especially since she feels such a huge responsibility to Korea - a responsibility to earn 2 spots for her country, a responsibility to win titles for her fans.
    so you know everything about Yuna huh?
    don't make her a victim of some kind of freudian complex and policitical play. she's not that kind of person and certainly not in that position to be mal-handled. PLUS she just helped her own country win the bid for the olympics. GIVE HER SOME CREDIT.

btw this is Evan's thread but why do you keep insisting talking about Yuna?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    so you know everything about Yuna huh?
    don't make her a victim of some kind of freudian complex and policitical play. she's not that kind of person and certainly not in that position to be mal-handled. PLUS she just helped her own country win the bid for the olympics. GIVE HER SOME CREDIT.

That Yunah cried on the podium and not with joy is self-evident. That she told reporters she was distracted and tired after the Olympics is fact, not conjecture. That she was uninspired at the post-Olympic WC and 2011 WC was self-evident. That she missed the 2010-11 GP series and IIRC, has said she will not compete in the next GP series suggests that competing is not her priority - not surprising given the demands on her time.

Figure skating is political in case you haven't noticed and if you think the Korean Federation doesn't have political goals with their star Yunah Kim, you're kidding yourself.

And, there is nothing Freudian or mysterious about feeling a responsibility to parents, relevant authorities (in this case the federation) and country. The Confucian-based principle of filial piety (devotion to parents) is standard in Asian cultures and many youth struggle with the conflict that may arise between wanting to satisfy their own goals and wanting to satisfy the goals their parents set for them. (This I know through my considerable contact with Asian youth, who I work with regularly in the course of my job).

Where you got that I gave her no credit, I have no idea.

At the moment, there is no woman who in the world who compares to Yunah at her best. Her inability to capitalize on that at the last two WC, when she was beat by arguably inferior competitors (and I say this as a huge Mao fan hoping that the best from Mao is yet to come) suggests that she has wearied of competition. And you don't need to be Freud to see that.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast