Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Sarah was 3 yrs out of her Oly win..She showed up out of shape and, IMHO, made a fool of herself.
    I saw Sasha skate at nationals in Spokane and getting to see her perform twice was in itself worthy of my having bought an all-event ticket package. I felt very lucky to be in that arena.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I saw Sasha skate at nationals in Spokane and getting to see her perform twice was in itself worthy of my having bought an all-event ticket package. I felt very lucky to be in that arena.
    Kwanette was referring to Sarah Hughes. But I also enjoyed watching Sasha skate again at nationals. Espana Cani is one of my favorite programs of hers. I'm jealous that you saw it live in the arena!
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 06-29-2011 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Watch the world team be Lysacek/Mroz or something equally zzzzzzzz worthy.
    Not for nothing but those two managed to get the US three spots for the 2010 Olympics. Which is more than we can say for the oh-so-scintillating Bradley/Dornbush/Miner combo.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Publicity stunt.

I'd happily bet money on him not actually competing again.

I mean look at the protocols from the Men's competition at 2011 Worlds. The bar has been raised a lot and Evan never had a consistent quad.
    ^^^This.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Like Evan or not, he takes competing seriously, and I doubt he'd come back unless he feels he still has more to contribute to the sport. As for competing in the GP, it doesn't surprise me in the least that if Evan said he wants back in the game, they put him in one of the SA slots.

After his success on DWTS, his exposure and fame from that = filled seats at Skate America -- something that is desperately needed.

Now, whether or not he competes in the other GP is another story.
    Last edited by Cyn; 06-29-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptoad View Post
    from the article:

"Another skater recently had asked Carroll about training with him. The coach would not take that skater if Lysacek wanted to try to compete again, so Carroll told Lysacek he needed to make a decision by mid-June."

There are probably lots of guys who would love to work with Frank, but my guess is Adam Rippon. He's in direct competition with Evan for making the Worlds team and was looking for a coach recently.
    my thought too.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    Kwanette was referring to Sarah Hughes. But I also enjoyed watching Sasha skate again at nationals. Espana Cani is one of my favorite programs of hers. I'm jealous that you saw it live in the arena!
    Thank you..I WAS talking about Sarah Hughes, NOT Sasha Cohen. I have always enjoyed Sasha's skating.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Kwanette was referring to Sarah Hughes.

But I also enjoyed watching Sasha skate again at nationals. Espana Cani is one of my favorite programs of hers. I'm jealous that you saw it live in the arena!
    I was sitting with a bunch of Kwan-ubers (they do exist! ) and at first, they were harsh with Cohen, but after each practise, they eased up on her, seeing the effort she had put into her comeback. After the long, even though she didn't make it to the Olympics, they were all "hats off" to her. Although if it had been Kwan in her place, the fireworks would have been big enough to blow the roof off the place!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Like Evan or not, he takes competing seriously, and I doubt he'd come back unless he feels he still has more to contribute to the sport. As for competing in the GP, it doesn't surprise me in the least that if Evan said he wants back in the game, they put him in one of the SA slots.

After his success on DWTS, his exposure and fame from that = filled seats at Skate America -- something that is desperately needed.

Now, whether or not he competes in the other GP is another story.
    Agreed. Evan has still been doing his triple jumps (minus the axel) seemingly effortlessly in his SOI shows and other exhibitions. He has stayed in shape despite not training the same number of hours he did in the years prior to the 2010 Olympics. I just don't understand why some are saying he can't be competitive with the best skaters. Now that he'll be back training with Carroll, he can really get back into kick-butt mode. He is one of the most determined and hard-working athletes I've watched and I don't doubt that he can still contend for medals at the major competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    Agreed. Evan has still been doing his triple jumps (minus the axel) seemingly effortlessly in his SOI shows and other exhibitions. He has stayed in shape despite not training the same number of hours he did in the years prior to the 2010 Olympics. I just don't understand why some are saying he can't be competitive with the best skaters. Now that he'll be back training with Carroll, he can really get back into kick-butt mode. He is one of the most determined and hard-working athletes I've watched and I don't doubt that he can still contend for medals at the major competitions.
    If he never had a consistent quad in the past, he's going to get one now at 28?

vCash
    He's 26. The OPM is 28.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He's 26. The OPM is 28.
    Oops you're right, sorry for that mistake.

26 is still "skater-old."

vCash
    If he never had a consistent quad in the past, he's going to get one now at 28?
    Who has really had a consistent quad along with the other skills (choreography, footwork, transitions, etc) necessary to contend for a major title? Counting this year I count Chan and maybe Kozuka. Both have not exactly been 100% successful in their attempts, but good enough. Lysacek has done the quad in the past and is capable of one. He is not consistent but neither are many of the other guys. He has the rest of the goods besides the quad. He also doesn't tend to unravel in his programs and nails his jumps. Some of the top guys haven't been able to hold it together on the big stage. That is another big strength of Evan's, mental toughness.

vCash
    Oops you're right, sorry for that mistake.

26 is still "skater-old."
    I do have to agree with you, though. It seems late in the game to be trying to get a consistent quad.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    He's 26. The OPM is 28.
    I bet Evan is just coming back because Plushy is. Maybe to try to create a new rivalry of 'The previously non-competing Olympians who had a bit of O's snark and want to create buzz for their own countries' (Worst superhero names ever.)

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I guess I'm out of the loop, but what does OPM stand for?
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I guess I'm out of the loop, but what does OPM stand for?
    OPM = Olympic Platinum Medal

vCash
    I do have to agree with you, though. It seems late in the game to be trying to get a consistent quad.
    especially when he stopped practising it because of injury...
    anyway, looking forward to GP

Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I bet Evan is just coming back because Plushy is. Maybe to try to create a new rivalry...
    so, I want also Weir and Yags in the ring!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I bet Evan is just coming back because Plushy is.
    If thats the case I wish Yagudin would come back instead

Re injury of Lysacek that he losts his quad because of it, whenever i read this my mind goes to Lambiel, Dai, Plushy, Joub to name a few who were/are doing one surgery after the other season after season, knees, groin, sprained ankles, cutting their foot etc, and these were consistent quad skaters, it is not like Lysacek was Timothy Goebel jumper and suddently lost it because of an injury a season before Olympics. The list of injured skaters is looooong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    What can I say, it seems that he really wants to compete so I wish him good luck.
    ^this

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast