Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 257 of 257
  1. #241
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Don't you realize that this is not normal? In fact, this obsession with Lysacek is quite abnormal, and frankly, downright weird.

    You need psychological help. This is not a snark, nor is it a joke. It's a simple truth provided for your own personal benefit.
    um he is the Olympic gold medalist and is coming back. I have an interest in what his programs are going to include. Sue me for being interested and having opinions.

  2. #242
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,546
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    4325
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    um he is the Olympic gold medalist and is coming back. I have an interest in what his programs are going to include. Sue me for being interested and having opinions.
    Is that what they are calling obsessed and deluded these days?

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,138
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    um he is the Olympic gold medalist and is coming back. I have an interest in what his programs are going to include. Sue me for being interested and having opinions.
    I'm only trying to help.

  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    um he is the Olympic gold medalist and is coming back. I have an interest in what his programs are going to include. Sue me for being interested and having opinions.
    So beating the crap out of a poor deceased equine over the quad Evan did not do on a single day in 2010, making derogatory comments about Evan and his supposed quadlessness on just about every article about Lysacek on the internet, and trashing a book on Amazon because it dares to mention why Evan won the OGM and Plushenko did not.... That translates to "I have an interest in what his programs are going to include?"

    And you wonder why we think you need mental help. I really hope you never encounter Evan in person.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sassybuford View Post
    So beating the crap out of a poor deceased equine over the quad Evan did not do on a single day in 2010, making derogatory comments about Evan and his supposed quadlessness on just about every article about Lysacek on the internet, and trashing a book on Amazon because it dares to mention why Evan won the OGM and Plushenko did not.... That translates to "I have an interest in what his programs are going to include?"

    And you wonder why we think you need mental help. I really hope you never encounter Evan in person.
    Eww, what a jerk! It's obviously way more than just being "obssessed" or "being interested and having opinions", it sounds like some serious mental disorder like psychosis. RUN EVAN, RUN ...

    Because of Casey Anthony and Casey Edwards, I think I'm going to stay away from ANY Casey from now on.

  6. #246
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ Whither our Kasey, too?

  7. #247
    Comansnala?
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Vacation Island
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's not that much about the quad; frankly, the guy is painfully ugly to watch , with- or without it!

  8. #248

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,243
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11858
    So, don't watch. Take your "fridge break" when Evan skates. There, now wasn't that easy??????
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    LOL. Whatever. I reviewed a book about the figure skating at the 2010 Olympics. Terrible! Jean Senft wrote a book that said quad is no big deal even though the winners of the mens competitions of the previous three Olympics all did it. She didn't even mention that fact. It was all about how Lysacek should be applauded as being smart for going quadless. It was a total endorsement of non-quad programs if they win. It was horrible and remains horrible.

    The book did come out too early to discuss the specific changes that were made. There was something about rules change all the time but she could not analyse the specific ones that were made.

    He is the Olympic champion in my favorite discipline. The whole "ignore because you don't like" is not going to happen.

  10. #250

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3946
    The internet gives folks a free reign to be rude, disrespectful and manner-less, just saying....

  11. #251

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    461
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    The internet gives folks a free reign to be rude, disrespectful and manner-less, just saying....
    That is true. However, when it progresses to something more than just rude, and disrespectful ramblings on the internet, it becomes more serious.

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Back on topic, Evan's new tweet , he's in great shape, I just hope he would stay healthy, then he'll have a season.

    A new combo I've been working on. http://t.co/Uxh6TQz
    That's a very difficult combo, but it doesn't make sense to do it in competition, IIRC, the second jump in seq only get 80% of the base value, right? Why he doesn't use the 3f as a single jump in the layout instead?
    Last edited by Athena; 08-23-2011 at 02:26 AM.

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,940
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The pounding music, the tight tank top. I feel like I'm in WeHo

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Back on topic, Evan's new tweet , he's in great shape, I just hope he would stay healthy, then he'll have a season.



    That's a very difficult combo, but it doesn't make sense to do it in competition, IIRC, the second jump in seq only get 80% of the base value, right? Why he doesn't use the 3f as a single jump in the layout instead?
    No, it would be fine as a three jump combo - Chan used this rule for his 3Lz+1Lo+3S last season, for example. No reduction in base value.

  15. #255
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,810
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11922
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    LOL. Whatever. I reviewed a book about the figure skating at the 2010 Olympics. Terrible! Jean Senft wrote a book that said quad is no big deal even though the winners of the mens competitions of the previous three Olympics all did it.
    Ew, I never did like Jean Senft.

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    No, it would be fine as a three jump combo - Chan used this rule for his 3Lz+1Lo+3S last season, for example. No reduction in base value.
    Thank you so much!!! That's great to know!

    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    The pounding music, the tight tank top. I feel like I'm in WeHo
    Yeah, that body!

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,873
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I like it very much that Evan is practicing a new combo!!! My guess is that somebody has been working to find different ways to put more scores into his performance.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •