Re-registered User
    vCash

Favourite new artists - The Civil Wars

Adele posted a link to a video of theirs on her website a few weeks ago, and within an hour I was downloading everything of theirs I could find (and paying for it!) Their song Poison and Wine was used in a Grey's Anatomy episode in 2009. I watched the video of them doing a cover of Leonard Cohen's Dance me to the End of Love and I was shocked to find out that they are not in a romantic relationship. They sizzle like Martini and Underhill did on the ice. eta- one more link to the title song from their new album -Barton Hollow.

I haven't found an artist that I liked so instantly since I first heard Damien Rice.

I'm also listening a lot to The Decemberists and Mumford and Sons. I like the mix of rock/folk/traditional sounds.

Anyone else have any new music that they've fallen in love with?
    Last edited by rjblue; 06-25-2011 at 02:16 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I've really been getting into the band Fun-they're a lot of fun lol. Also love Mumford and Sons, and was recently introduced to The Tallest Man on Earth-if you're looking for a folk sound. Also really getting into some older music-I adore the Kinks, and the Moody Blues.

I'd also highly recommend Tally Hall, a band from Michigan that describes themselves as "wonky rock!"

Also, thanks for the introduction to The Civil Wars! I'm in love with them already. Their voices blend together so fluidly, great sound.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 06-25-2011 at 03:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Anyone else have any new music that they've fallen in love with?
    Edens Edge. I heard their first single on the radio . . . I guess it must have been a couple of months ago now. Fell in love on the spot. Here's the video.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible