Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Thanks for the link of Michelle and Apollo....very nice!

vCash
    And more pics and a blog of MK and rollerskating

http://specialolympicsblog.wordpress...ersonal-bests/

vCash
    Here's an impromptu rinkside interview with Kwan in Greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjGYxgDxpk

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's an impromptu rinkside interview with Kwan in Greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjGYxgDxpk
    Thanks, Sylvia..

vCash
    May I say like Kwan like Kim?
    Yuna's entrusted with duty of a new global ambassador for Pyeongchang Special Olympics 2013!

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/olympi...ns-in-new-role

To add to the excitement legendary figure skater and world champion Michelle Kwan and Olympic champions Nadia Comaneci and Bart Conner welcomed Kim in a video message.
    - I'm dying to see this vid!!

vCash
    ^^I posted that in another thread! Michelle was on the Board of Directors and the ambassador for the Special Olympics in Athens this year and now Yu-Na will be working as the ambassador for the Pyeongchang Special Olympics. I think it's wonderful that these two amazing skaters are connected in so many ways...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^I posted that in another thread! Michelle was on the Board of Directors and the ambassador for the Special Olympics in Athens this year and now Yu-Na will be working as the ambassador for the Pyeongchang Special Olympics. I think it's wonderful that these two amazing skaters are connected in so many ways...
    You can say that again It's really magical these ladies from different generation of FS walk on the similar track! oh man Michelle's interviews posted here are so moving and touching to see her passion and affection on what she's doing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    LOVE Michelle but she still has a lot to learn in the public speaking department! She should consider taking a few classes or work with a coach, I think it would help her a great deal.
    Sure you can love Michelle, and feel she still has a lot to learn. But why the need for the word, "but"? Clearly, Kwan also feels she can continue to learn, and that she's never stopped learning. And, clearly, she needs no defending. Just adding my two cents observations here.

You can love Michelle... and clearly see that speaking off the cuff in public is not one of the things she's perfect at -- few people are except for professional actors and broadcasters, and even they are not always perfect. In her present role as Public Diplomacy Envoy, Michelle most definitely has already been working with a public speaking coach. She penned and presented an exceptional graduation ceremony speech when she received an honorary doctorate a few years ago. And now, she has earned another degree. What an accomplished young lady! I think her brain probably works faster than her tongue can keep up with sometimes. Not the most difficult challenge she's ever faced ..., and she's definitely conquering it too. In the linked interviews, Michelle's charm and passion shine through. Oh, and btw, wonder how you'd fare in front of the hot lights of tv cameras. It ain't easy. My one experience, I freezed up and didn't know where to look -- lucky I wasn't the focus and didn't have to say a word.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 08-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Sure you can love Michelle, and feel she still has a lot to learn. But why the need for the word, "but"? Clearly, Kwan also feels she can continue to learn, and that she's never stopped learning. And, clearly, she needs no defending. Just adding my two cents observations here.

You can love Michelle... and clearly see that speaking off the cuff in public is not one of the things she's perfect at -- few people are except for professional actors and broadcasters, and even they are not always perfect. In her present role as Public Diplomacy Envoy, Michelle most definitely has already been working with a public speaking coach. She penned and presented an exceptional graduation ceremony speech when she received an honorary doctorate a few years ago. And now, she has earned another degree. What an accomplished young lady! I think her brain probably works faster than her tongue can keep up with sometimes. Not the most difficult challenge she's ever faced ..., and she's definitely conquering it too. In the linked interviews, Michelle's charm and passion shine through. Oh, and btw, wonder how you'd fare in front of the hot lights of tv cameras. It ain't easy. My one experience, I freezed up and didn't know where to look -- lucky I wasn't the focus and didn't have to say a word.
    I have three degrees in performance, and have been performing professionally for years, so I think I'd be okay

Again, I don't know why people freak out whenever a little constructive criticism is directed at Michelle. I never said she was terrible, I simply said there is still work to be done.

If we only ever heard warm and fuzzy comments, how would we learn and grow? For example, here's a little constructive criticism for you: the past participle of "freeze" is "froze"

vCash
    Thanks Triple Butz! And I'm an English major ... who would've thunk! Froze up, or "freezed" up -- it was definitely like a deer in the headlights.

Great you are a performance major, so I suppose you kinda cringe or freak out whenever you see someone performing poorly. What tips would you give Michelle?

Michelle does give me the warm and fuzzies. Nobody's perfect, but I don't see much to criticize when I look at her -- just lots to observe and comment on, and we all have varying opinions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks Triple Butz! And I'm an English major ... who would've thunk! Froze up, or "freezed" up -- it was definitely like a deer in the headlights.

Great you are a performance major, so I suppose you kinda cringe or freak out whenever you see someone performing poorly. What tips would you give Michelle?

Michelle does give me the warm and fuzzies. Nobody's perfect, but I don't see much to criticize when I look at her -- just lots to observe and comment on, and we all have varying opinions.
    No worries, I was just pointing out that we all make mistakes, and a few corrections never killed anyone. Michelle just needs to apply what she does so well as a skater: Take the time to breathe and not rush herself. She already has tons of charisma, so I don't think this will be a hard fix!

vCash
    Michelle Kwan is in Staples Center in LA at the moment with Yuna Kim! They're attending the announcement ceremony for 2015 Special Olympics Summer Games

http://a.yfrog.com/img640/8032/fvsvk.jpg

and the winner is... http://www.facebook.com/SpecialOlympics?sk=wall
    We’re so excited to announce that the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games will be held in… Los Angeles, California, USA! Woohoo! Congrats LA! Our Special Olympics athletes will be the stars at the 2015 Games! Let the countdown begin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12