Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    vCash
    this is all so confusing to me, but I am still trying to understand it... to help me out, could somebreak down who is next in line for the pairs, dance, ladies and men should there be any more withdrawals over the next 2 weeks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    this is all so confusing to me, but I am still trying to understand it... to help me out, could somebreak down who is next in line for the pairs, dance, ladies and men should there be any more withdrawals over the next 2 weeks?
    Since TEB is only a week away, we won't see any replacements there even if there is a drop out; as we've seen so far, late dropouts are not replaced.

As for COR, we are now within the window there (14 days before) in which the events are no longer required to replace anyone who drops out. I don't think we will see any more substitutions there either, at this point.

vCash
    I think Chock and Bates got SC because Madison is part of a split team. For TEB, I think they got it because Evan is part of a split team. Samuelson and Gilles got one for Emily, Hubbell and Donohue got a host spot... and so on...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I had never thought of that -- that each one of Chock and Bates earned a split couple berth. Thank you, Jayar!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Since the French Fed doesn't have to replace her, they probably won't.
    I think that's because they want French ladies to have more chance to get points by not replacing Hecken. Now only 9 ladies to compete and that means at least 2 French ladies will get some points.

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    If Hecken is to be replaced, we would likely see one of Biryukova, Joshi Helgesson, Vannut, Kexin Zhang, or Min Jung Kwak get the spot. Hmmm.
    I really wish they would have Joshi in TEB.
    There's already her coach with Viktoria, so ISU would only have to pay her.
    I'm feeling so bad for her being placed 10th. Her free skating performance wasn't bad at all!

vCash
    Joshi cheated pretty much all her jumps in her last GP FS.

But that doesn't matter. Joshi should have been invited. I know it wasn't 14 days but as tkaug said, her coach and sister were already coming so it would be cheaper than the usual replacements.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.

vCash
    And Joshi was ready. She is now on here way to compete in Merano.

vCash
    I would guess it had less to do with wanting their own skaters to gain more ranking points, and more to do with saving $. Given the status of most federations' finances, I'm sure the French weren't too sad not to have to pay for a 10th skater even if she would have been cheaper than normal...

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344