It is mandatory that an Organizing Member replaces any skater/couple who withdraws from the event with an
alternate up to fourteen (14) days prior to the draw for that event. At the seven day mark, consideration will
be given by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group to leaving a position vacant because of visa
requirements or unduly high travel costs that would be incurred by the Organizing Member.
The alternate list will include the following skaters/couples:
• Come back skaters will be placed in the top position of the alternate list.
• Split couples who were previously in the top 12 of a World Championship would be next on the list
taking the points of the previous partner. This places them in second top position on the alternate
• Skaters in proper order of top 24 season’s best would be next.
• Skaters from the top 24 who have only one event will be listed in the next order and should be
picked in that order (done by points).
• All other Skaters in the top 75 season’s best would be listed next.
• Selected International Competitions’ winners are placed on the bottom of the alternate listing.
In the skater/couple selection process, for Pairs and Ice Dance, who were placed amongst the ranks as
mentioned above in the year 2009/2010 or 2010/2011 and have reached the Grand Prix minimum score in
the period as required, but have split, will be considered in the alternate list with the new partner, if proof is
given that they intend