Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I watched, or rather fast-forwarded to dramatic looking segments, last night.

Still a yawn for the most part, but I do agree that it's a bit better now that the last of the fodder teams -- California Girls -- is gone. Interestingly, like the earlier all-girl teams, the Cali gals went out due to lack of guile rather than lack of brawn.

Anyway, back on point ... yes, the remaining episodes should be since all five teams can win it. The Gypsies seem to have the advantage, but those small goofs and crinks in the armor we've seen from them in the last few episodes could just as easily turn into a "big" one ... and there isn't fodder left to absorb that.

The Cops have been almost amazingly stealth in making the F5, don't you think? We've only heard from Rob (or Ron?) on that team ... the other guy and especially the woman are a couple of Tellers to Rob's Penn.

Shirtless Footballers.

vCash
    I'm still watching.Check out their audition tape.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    go No Limits. They are amazing
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Amazing doesn't begin to describe them. Go, go, go No Limits.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I've been watching too and cheering for No Limits.

I've also been watching the series "Drop Zone" on BBC Canada - it's down to the finale but was obviously originally broadcast in England some time ago. It appears to be what the US series was based on. There are some key differences - one of them is that the helicopter takes off with the continuing teams aboard, leaving the eliminated team behind. Some of their tasks are actually done in cities (e.g. Istanbul) while others are out in "the wild". Some of the former are reminiscent of Amazing Race.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    No Limits FTW!

Or Gypsies or Footballers.

No Limits is awesome. Completely awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    No Limits. I love this team and want them to win as well.

I'm still watching and still loving this show; for me it's like the anti-reality, reality show. Each week the tasks seem to get more difficult and for the past two weeks I thought for sure No Limits were going home. Especially on this weeks show. It was fantastic to see them cross the finish line ahead of the California girls.

vCash
    no limits did it once again! Way to go Jeff, Erik and Aaron!
    ~James Galway

vCash
    I thought the cops were closer. Maybe they slowed down when it was obvious they lost to No Limites. But the Gypsies are so good. I can't see them losing.

vCash
    I was actively rooting for a No Limits elimination. Frankly, I'm exhausted hearing about how much they're overcoming. And they've gotten so lucky with other teams having huge brain burps. And I'm that they - and the Footballers - were handed the answer to the word challenge.

Oh well, I guess the Gypsies (as AJ said) were indeed happy to help out the crippled and the blind for easier passage to the victory in finals. The PTB can't get enough of No Limits ... I fully expect to see the final leg laid out "completely by coincidence of course" completely in the water and completely in the dark.

Exciting last couple of episodes, got to say. If there is a next season, the improvements should be 1) at least one female per team; and 2) no cannon fodder, which was too much in abundance this season.

I'm rooting for either the Gypsies or Fab 3, as they've been the clear #1 and #2 for the season and have earned their own stripes. I am predicting a Fab 3 upset, as they just seem to be overjoyed in a couple of those clips from next week's finale.

vCash
    To each his own. Personally, I loathe Fab 3 and hope they finish dead last.

vCash
    I don't see No Limits winning as they have too much to overcome at this point. I'm rooting for the Gypsies. They have an injured member as well but still manage to place first. They deserve to win IMO. Glad the cops are gone. I never was impressed by them. I don't object to Fab 3 winning either as they've had flu or dysentery to overcome. I don't want the Footballers to win because they haven't had any injuries or illnesses. One thing I wish for all the reality competitions is the outlawing of giving information to other teams/alliances.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I mentioned earlier the British series Drop Zone which aired this summer on BBC Canada.

I watched the final episode of it this week and it came down to almost a photo finish between two of the three teams in the final - the "Lovies" (out-of-work actors; 2 females 1 male) and the "Geeks" (3 male university students) - with "Streetwise" (2 males; 1 female) not that far out of it.

Overall the challenges seemed more difficult than those in the American series and there was no prize money involved - just the title of champion!

In the US series semi-final the team of cops definitely deserved to be eliminated. I'll be reasonably satisfied with any of the 3 remaining teams winning. No limits would seem to have too many strikes against them but shouldn't be counted out too soon, based on past experience!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I thought the cops were closer. Maybe they slowed down when it was obvious they lost to No Limites. But the Gypsies are so good. I can't see them losing.
    This. I'd love for No Limits to win but I can't see anyone beating the Gypsies either. Maybe No Limits can finish as runners up; it depends on what the final part of the competition is comprised of. But it will probably be Fab 3 or the Footballers in second.

vCash
    Fab 3 (whichever one is being interviewed a lot) annoys me. I hope anyone but them wins.

vCash
    Results from tonight's show:

Spoiler

~James Galway

vCash
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Switch the last two and it would have been perfect. But that's okay. Can't wait to watch the episode!

vCash
    I am so happy for No Limits! Amazing team; my favorite of the competition.

It was pretty clear that the Gypsies would win. I did very briefly think that No Limits might be able to outsmart and get ahead of the Gypies when the Gypsies messed up finding the doorway the first time trying to keep Fab 3 from figuring out what they were doing. However No Limits finishing second with all the things they had to go through was amazing. I'm sorry the Footballers weren't third.

I know many found Expedition Impossible boring but I loved it and found that it picked up considerably especially once half the teams had been eliminated.

Too bad it probably won't get picked up again for next summer. I read elsewhere that while it debuted strong the numbers dropped each week. The debut of Big Brother () couldn't have helped. I wonder if there is no longer a place for a straight forward competition without all the infighting, hookups and other assorted .

OTOH, sometimes it comes down to $$ and which programs cost less to produce. I'm thinking of CBS and ABC cancelling soaps to make way for programs that they admit will pull in lower ratings numbers because those programs aren't as expensive to put together.

vCash
    too bad fab 3 got lost. Gypsises were dominant from almost beginning to end and were very good. No limits hobbled ankle player was impressive. Like their blind guy.

vCash
    I was happy the way it played out. No Limits were an amazing & inspiring team. I liked this show very much.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast