Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I really liked C&L's Sd this season, and given that C&Z and S&B have split, I'd be happy with eithe C&L or Lynn & Logan in 3rd.

C&L SD at TEB. I particularly like their opening twizzles with the jump in, all on one foot, and done around the end of the rink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz1xsWBoPA

The only thing I didn't like was his shirt

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Hmm, their initials could get confusing. I guess internationally, maybe they should be C&L-US. I loved the Piano Man SD.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I was really hoping this was just a rumor. I'm sad that it's true. I really liked S/B since their SD from the 2008-09 season. I think An American in Paris would've been so good for them.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Question...if no new partnerships materialize, what might the US podium look like?
    Davis/White, Shibutani/Shibutani, Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt, and Lichtman/Copely?

ETA: Not to mention Cannuscio/Lorello, Hubbell/Donohue and the maybe-sorta-or-just-someone's-dream pairing of Chock/Bates. The U.S. dance scene isn't looking that bad.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    [QUOTE=reese;3215810]But how is splitting up with your partner and starting over again with a new partner (Evan skating with Madison, for example) going to hypothetically produce better results? Results that can compete with the Shibs?
    QUOTE]

This is what I don't get either. If one or the other decided to retire, I could see it, but to start over? S/B..were my favorite US dance team. While, they weren't the best, I found them to be utterly charming...on and off of the ice.

I'm with Blue Ridge...the Can-Can sisters it is..

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I really want a smiley for them!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    I haz a sad. Though there free dances weren't usually my favourites but their lines, flexibility and pointed toes were second to none. I really loved their 2008-2009 OD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNTFc65l_s

vCash
    At this rate, the single skaters will start splitting with themselves...

"I'm here to announce that I can no longer skate with myself. I will weigh my options and decide later."

vCash
    What a bummer. I was a fan of theirs and thought they matched up beautifully.
    Good luck to both of them separately, but it's still sad to see a good thing gone.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEdg...eature=related

The guys are really losing it this off season. It`s like Hugh Grant looking on the streets, when he has Liz Hurley right at home.
    Cheering for the headcases

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    NOOOO hOO hoooo....

I loved their "Luna" program...

But I had a feeling that after last season sitting out, they were getting passed up by newer teams. But having to start all over with a new partner doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    The guys are really losing it this off season. It`s like Hugh Grant looking on the streets, when he has Liz Hurley right at home.
    Perfect analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    I suspect Evan has already located his partner in his own backyard - Madison Chock. My heart goes out to Emily, who sat out last season preparing for their comeback. If only she had known to look for a partner then . . .
    If true, this is very inconsiderate of Evan.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    This is partly the result of "The Shib Factor." While Davis/White will be likely entrenched as the USA's #1 dance team through Sochi, it's the quick ascendancy on the Worlds scene of the Shibutanis (bronze medal at their first Worlds!) that has made the other top-5 or top-6 senior US dance teams re-evaluate whether or not they have the $$$ and the willpower to stay in the game through Sochi. Once the hope of being even the #2 dance team in your country is dashed, then it just becomes a very, very expensive hobby. I cannot blame Emily/Evan, Chock/Z, the Hubbells, etc. for pulling out of the game. Save your money and see the world in other ways.
    Very interesting opinion. And probably accurate. But the Shibs are so new, what if they don't continue their upward trajectory? All these teams will have broken up for naught.

vCash
    This also is a common time for teams to split up or retire. The first year after the Olympics is an assessment year, as teams deal with the post-Olympics landscape and see how they are viewed in the eyes of the judges. At that point, skaters have a sense of whether their current pairings will succeed or whether they need to make changes. Doing that gives them one year to get their bearings with a new partner, one year to make an impression in front of the judges, and one final season of grand prix events before the next Olympics.

IIRC, the 2007 off-season was somewhat similar. That year was the last for Matthews/Zavozin and Gregory/Pethukov at US Nats, and other teams split.

vCash
    This is really too bad.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    IIRC, the 2007 off-season was somewhat similar. That year was the last for Matthews/Zavozin and Gregory/Pethukov at US Nats, and other teams split.
    Not entirely analogous as G&P retired due to injury.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    [QUOTE=kwanette;3215931]
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    But how is splitting up with your partner and starting over again with a new partner (Evan skating with Madison, for example) going to hypothetically produce better results? Results that can compete with the Shibs?
    QUOTE]

This is what I don't get either. If one or the other decided to retire, I could see it, but to start over? S/B..were my favorite US dance team. While, they weren't the best, I found them to be utterly charming...on and off of the ice.

Since B/A retired, they had become my favorite US dance team also. I just don't get the "looking for new partners." If Evan does skate with Madison, I really don't get it as IMO Emily is the better ice dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEdg...eature=related

Thanks Rainbow for posting this. However, it makes me sad knowing I won't see them skate any new programs including "An American in Paris."

I hope this is the end of the splits.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Not entirely analogous as G&P retired due to injury.
    I thought they missed a season due to injury and then couldn't afford to go back to training full time?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I remember at 2010 Nationals, after seeing S/B's lines and postures.. lots people believe S/B will pass D/W in no time... maybe 2 years max.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I thought they missed a season due to injury and then couldn't afford to go back to training full time?
    IIRC, Melissa's mother was also terminally ill, so she took time off from training to spend time with her mom.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    There were many issues..the worst being the illness of Melissa's mom.

But Denis and Melissa are still together despite what Sticky Nicky said..

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast