vCash

Article about Lloyd Eisler

Lloyd Eisler was made Director of Skating Operations at a California rink recently.

http://www.the-signal.com/section/37/article/46737/

The article, which I read on Father's Day, shows a photo of his little boy with Swanson, but omits any information about his former marriage and those two kids. Maybe it was bad editing: only the title and photo show him to be a father.

Oddly enough, his Wikipedia entry also omits any mention of his former marriage and children. It does own up the Skate Canada ban for sexting, although that wasn't mentioned in the article.

vCash
    Ugh. Too bad there's no "cretin" smilie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Lloyd Eisler was made Director of Skating Operations at a California rink recently.

http://www.the-signal.com/section/37/article/46737/

The article, which I read on Father's Day, shows a photo of his little boy with Swanson, but omits any information about his former marriage and those two kids. Maybe it was bad editing: only the title and photo show him to be a father.

Oddly enough, his Wikipedia entry also omits any mention of his former marriage and children. It does own up the Skate Canada ban for sexting, although that wasn't mentioned in the article.
    I seem to remember reading that his ex-wife not only took back her last name but also had their children's last name legally changed to her name as well.

Maybe it was a part of the divorce settlement that he can't have anything to do with them and he has edited his Wiki page?

vCash
    Marriages break up all the time. I think it's their business and it's hard to pass judgement from the outside since none of us were involved in the marriage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    it's hard to pass judgement
    What are you talking about? It's super easy to pass judgement

Now, whether that judgement is warranted, or fair is an entirely different matter...

Watch me move
    vCash
    Marriages break up all the time. I think it's their business and it's hard to pass judgement from the outside since none of us were involved in the marriage.
    When the ex-wife and future wife get into a fight that results in the police being called, that's a matter of public record.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Isn't he banned from teaching in Canada?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Isn't he banned from teaching in Canada?
    He was banned for a year after the incident with the student. That was in 2008(?). But I don't think he has worked in Canada since then, and I would guess that clubs might be reluctant to hire him because of that incident.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I don't think people are judging him for getting divorced. What people have a hard time accepting is that he started going with Kristy Swanson while his wife was back in Canada 8 months pregnant. He then took a pregnant Kristy to Canada to visit his children (who were living with his wife). All of this in a period of one year makes him appear insensitive and lacking self-control, whatever you think of his skating.

That on top of the sexting incident with a 15 year-old that he was coaching.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I don't think people are judging him for getting divorced. What people have a hard time accepting is that he started going with Kristy Swanson while his wife was back in Canada 8 months pregnant. He then took a pregnant Kristy to Canada to visit his children (who were living with his wife). All of this in a period of one year makes him appear insensitive and lacking self-control, whatever you think of his skating.

That on top of the sexting incident with a 15 year-old that he was coaching.
    For real!! I can't believe this guy still has a career left, even outside of Canada. This is like pedophilia and these people are always repeat offenders. A country border isn't going to stop them. I was willing to forgive him for the wife thing as I figured divorces happen, you can't help who you fall in love with, they are adults, etc. But when I learned he was sexting a 15 year old it just shows what kind of person he is. Creeper. It's sad because I was intrigued that he was going to compete in adult pairs. The article is a touching story about his father, but weird that it paints Lloyd in such a glowing light. Like, "I met my wife in California" leaving out that he was still married to his pregnant other wife. ODD.