Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss USA 2011

vCash

Miss USA 2011

Broadcasting tonight on NBC at 9pm EST.

Contestants for Miss USA

My favs...Miss California (beautiful red hair), Hawaii (gorgeous blue eyes), Texas and Michigan (aka..Sookie)

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Broadcasting tonight on NBC at 9pm EST.

Contestants for Miss USA

My favs...Miss California (beautiful red hair), Hawaii (gorgeous blue eyes), Texas and Michigan (aka..Sookie)
    I probably won't watch but my favorites are Alabama, Arizona and Hawaii (I'm betting those are contacts, though).
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I would normally watch, but there are so many things coming on at the same time, that I'm not sure if I will get a chance.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Miss Alabama has a compelling story; and is the type of contestant that the pageant should promote, to repair its' image:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/miss...river-13855153

vCash
    I just found out that Caroline Manzo is a judge. That might be interesting.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Miss Hawaii is pretty, but the photos on line of her evening gown... not impressive.

Connecticut had the most interesting gown in my view.

I have no idea what Misses California and Oklahoma were thinking in gown. Hot mess!!!

Miss USA website (beware the eternal pop up ads ).
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Miss Kansas is scary. As is Miss Minnesota. I like Miss Indiana and Miss Utah but predict that Miss USA will not make it to the top 5 this year at Miss Universe.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Miss California has Miss Universe written all over her. If she does not win this pageant, it will be a huge shame... she has everything she needs to compete well at Universe. BUT she has to compete well tonight. Miss South Carolina is a distant second place. The rest of them have to hope that these two don't live up to the moment in order to slip in for the win. But really, if one of these two women don't win, it's going to be a big coup. (Most of the experts agree with me.) Alyssa has a similar buzz about her that Shandi Finnessey had, and I would love to see a read head wear the crown!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    My favorites came in a clump: South Dakota, Texas, Utah.....California was very unique looking. I only saw head shots. Sounds like I need to go back and check out the gowns for a few laughs.

Edited to say-I love Miss Connecticutt too!
    Last edited by Holley Calmes; 06-19-2011 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Go Ginger Cali Girl! Been a while since we've had a Miss Universe, eh?

Last year, Miss USA didn't even make the first cut, right? So Top "anything" would be an upgrade.

Kudos to the Miss USA PTB for the far less tranny-slut-looking photos, this year.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar
    Miss California has Miss Universe written all over her. If she does not win this pageant, it will be a huge shame... she has everything she needs to compete well at Universe. BUT she has to compete well tonight. Miss South Carolina is a distant second place. The rest of them have to hope that these two don't live up to the moment in order to slip in for the win. But really, if one of these two women don't win, it's going to be a big coup. (Most of the experts agree with me.) Alyssa has a similar buzz about her that Shandi Finnessey had, and I would love to see a read head wear the crown!
    Really? I'll have to take your word for it, because this looks more like a "Dynasty" re-run than Miss Universe to me. She does have smokin' body in swimsuit though.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Miss Alabama has a compelling story; and is the type of contestant that the pageant should promote, to repair its' image:
    I agree with you that the pageant is famous mostly for chicks with big boobs wearing tight swimsuits, and/or for being the pageant that contestants enter if they're too stupid for Miss America - but as long as Trump is in charge and is making money off it the way it is, it will never be interested in changing its image.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I envy folks with red hair so it is Cali for me but I would love to see a woman with no plastic surgery and an Emma Watson hair style. Or an African-American that skips the weave and has a big, beautiful afro. Sunday nights are just too crowded: Game of Thrones, The Killing, Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery, the new sci-fi series with Noah from ER and then CBS moves The Good Wife to Sundays. What's a girl to do?

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Miss Colorado is homeless:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/homeless-...ry?id=13836950

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Whoever did the makeup for those photos on the yahoo site needs to be taken to the woodshed

Some of the women are beautiful, while others have me going at their being in the running for Miss USA.

vCash
    Oh my, Miss Montana ... bless her leno heart. Curious, so I "had" to find another shot of this girl Sorry, but ...

But, yeh Cyn, you're right about the make-up on those yahoo shots. Hard to see the girls behind the mannequin-worthy paint on their faces. At least there don't seem to be any this year who are, or perhaps once were, of the male species.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Woohoo!!!! Miss Pennsylvania is a beauty!!!

vCash
    My favs from the head shots: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Texas, and Utah.

Some of these women look . The make-up is too harsh on them.

vCash
    Only a handful of those women are actually beautiful, imo. California is by far my fave.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I envy folks with red hair so it is Cali for me but I would love to see a woman with no plastic surgery and an Emma Watson hair style. Or an African-American that skips the weave and has a big, beautiful afro. Sunday nights are just too crowded: Game of Thrones, The Killing, Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery, the new sci-fi series with Noah from ER and then CBS moves The Good Wife to Sundays. What's a girl to do?
    Two DVRs that can each record two shows simultaneously.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast