Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Angie it is so great to see you posting ! Hope you are feeling better every day.

I have a contract with Time Warner so I don't think I will see Universal Sports on tv anytime soon.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    My parents have time warner and they get universal sports. They didn't know it for years, but they do get it so it can't hurt to double check.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I'd rather have Universal Sports than keep the HD extra package I have. I forgot to check while I was at the website but I believe the HD extra package is around 5.99 a month. That could go toward purchasing the Sports Pack!
    I talked with a rep today and she said that Universal Sports is in the HD pack. She gave me a six month trial then it would be $4.99/month after that. (She also gave me $10 a month off for the next year, which was nice of her considering I'm still locked in due to the free upgrade I got for HD).

So, we'll see when free Universal goes away if it is still on my tv.

ETA: How much you wanna bet that it was Universal not Universal Sports she saw on the HD Pack? Oh well. It doesn't automatically renew after the six month freebie so I'll keep that while it's free.
    Last edited by sk8er1964; 08-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I talked with a rep today and she said that Universal Sports is in the HD pack. She gave me a six month trial then it would be $4.99/month after that. (She also gave me $10 a month off for the next year, which was nice of her considering I'm still locked in due to the free upgrade I got for HD).

ETA: How much you wanna bet that it was Universal not Universal Sports she saw on the HD Pack? Oh well. It doesn't automatically renew after the six month freebie so I'll keep that while it's free.
    I was going to say it was Universal. Universal Sports is different. The sports pak has about 8-10 different sports channels.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks sk8er1964. I knew the price was around $4.99 or $5.99 but I couldn't remember. I believe rfisher is correct about the Universal channel being different than Universal Sports. I definitely want it and will contact DirecTV about getting the Sports Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone
    Angie it is so great to see you posting ! Hope you are feeling better every day.
    Thank you so much. It's great to be back. I've missed everyone a lot. I'm also glad to have my laptop back where I can catch up on the figure skating!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Will Universal Sports be airing the GP Events this year? I assumed they would be, but the "Viewers Guide" under Figure Skating on universalsports.com still has last years schedule up.

I just got my renewal notice for IN, and am looking for confirmation of Universal Sports coverage before cancelling that one.

If this is a "duh" post and the info has already been posted 9573957 times, please accept my apologies! I tend to check out during the off season. But I'm gearing up and hoping to see some quad lutzes in competition this season - won't that rock!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    But I'm gearing up and hoping to see some quad lutzes in competition this season - won't that rock!
    I'll 2nd that!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    I have a contract with Time Warner so I don't think I will see Universal Sports on tv anytime soon.
    I have Time Warner also. Just wondering what makes you say that you don't think they will ever get US? I'm still hoping maybe we will get it soon (no reason why, just keep hoping!)!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post

She probably was confused about Universal compared to Universal Sports. I had the HD pack and had to sign up for the sports pack to get Universal Sports. FYI, I asked about any special deals and I don't know if the rep was confused about the current free look or if they will tack on an extra 3 months for those who ask but I don't have to pay for the sports pack until January.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
    Will Universal Sports be airing the GP Events this year? I assumed they would be, but the "Viewers Guide" under Figure Skating on universalsports.com still has last years schedule up.
    Hi Doggygirl!! Welcome back!

Here is the most recent information available about the GP coverage being provided by NBC / Universal Sports:
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46360&type=media
    NBC Sports will air 13 hours of live and taped coverage of five Grand Prix events, including 2011 Hilton HHonors Skate America and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Universal Sports will feature original programming as well as re-broadcasts of NBC Sports' coverage of the Grand Prix Series. Icenetwork.com and UniversalSports.com will both offer complete live and on-demand coverage of the Grand Prix Series on a subscription basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Hi Doggygirl!! Welcome back!
    Hello to you to! Hope you had a summer! Thanks as always for the update.

Now what to do.....dump IN? Or keep two options open? Hmmmm..... What is everyone else doing?

ETA: never mind - I just saw the other thread! I think it's IN for me...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123