Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Here in Portland, OR it is available over the airwaves, without cable. It is channel 32-3, I believe.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    You might be eligible for a free upgrade. I had the local channels package which meant a 2nd dish. They changed the signal for local channels and gave me a new dish and receivers. They took away the 2 old dishes but I still have the receivers because I supposedly own those now. I have no clue what I'm going to do with them.
    If you have a recycling center or a Habitat for Humanity rehab store, they should take them. They did mine.

I'll wait to add the sports package in September. In addition to skathing, this means I'll have coverage for the summer Olympics next summer.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'll wait to add the sports package in September. In addition to skathing, this means I'll have coverage for the summer Olympics next summer.
    It sounds like Universal might have a lot of preliminary/Olympic Trial stuff but not actual Olympic coverage.

DirecTV has about 19.4 million U.S. customers with an additional 10 million in Latin America. The agreement comes at a fortuitous time: Universal Sports airs plenty of footage of Olympic contenders outside the Games, and with the London Olympics coming up in 2012, expectations around those competitors will be high.

The net will not, however, air any footage of the Olympic Games themselves because it is not 100% owned by NBCU. It will provide on-site commentary without direct coverage of the competitions.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    It sounds like Universal might have a lot of preliminary/Olympic Trial stuff but not actual Olympic coverage.
    Sigh.

vCash
    Woooooo-hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! We have had DirecTV for years (no cable out here in the sticks) and I have been dying for them to add Universal Sports. I am a happy girl.

vCash
    I've had DirecTV for about 10 years. I've had service outages lasting about a day for a major snowstorm to a few minutes for local rainstorms. But that is acceptable when compared to the cable service I had prior to DirecTV. Cable service was frequently interrupted for hours for no apparent reason, and the cable company was completely indifferent to complaints. I finally had it and switched to DirecTV and would never go back to cable.

vCash
    If you have a recycling center or a Habitat for Humanity rehab store, they should take them. They did mine.

I think the access cards are supposedly the property of DirecTV and you're supposed to return them. There used to be a huge black market for those cards because they could be hacked to steal the service somehow. (Never looked into it, myself.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    $150/year is $12.50/month. That's 2.5 non-fat mochas a month. Or one movie.

I have not received any US coverage from this past season yet from my American trader, but if the coverage is the same as what I received for the 09/10 season, then I'd give up watching Bridesmaids.
    So we get Direct TV in Canada?

vCash
    No, Canadians probably won't ever get Universal Sports, like we don't have ESPN (or ever will). But I'm still happy for Americans.

vCash
    It's here! Today! on Direct TV, channel 625!
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    I was just coming on to say the same thing. I was surprised since I don't have HD or any $$$ programming with DirecTV.
    I don't know if it's a teaser-preview or if you don't really need to pay for the sports package. (I don't subscribe to the sports pkg.)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It's free through September then you have to buy a sports package.

vCash

Direct TV

I've had Direct TV for a number of years. During the '10 O's I did lose it on one night due to a storm. But, since then they have come out and put a much higher antenna on my roof and we have less of that problem. We get the signal from New Haven, CT much better and consistently.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Wheee!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I'm watching the 2011 Swimming World Championships as we speak. Woohoo!! I am so glad DirecTV is now showing this station. Can't wait for the skating season.

vCash
    It's free through September then you have to buy a sports package.
    Oh well, easy come, easy go. We're cancelling in September anyway.

vCash
    Talked today with a Universal Sports TV Tech today in Fresno, CA who said that Comcast Cable plans to provide all their hubs with a Universal Sports High Definition Satellite Feed to all their customers nationwide before the end of 2011. Now that Comcast owns NBC and Universal Sports it makes sense to me.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hmmm....at no additional cost? I wonder if Comcast is in my area? DirectTV's cost for the sports package is $12-16/month depending if you get it on special for pay full price. Of course, that's not just for Universal Sports. There are a number of channels in the pkg.

vCash
    I'm enjoying the swimming World championships and Diamond League athletics this week, but will need Universal Sports in HB before I'll pony up that kind of money.

Actually, at $150 a year, I may keep said pony in my pocket. Nah, who am I kidding ... I'll pay it.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    It's here! Today! on Direct TV, channel 625!
    Thank you! Hopefully, I'll be home by the first of October to watch it.

I'm totally happy about it because I've been pestering them for over 2 years to PLEASE add Universal Sports. I finally got my wish and will probably buy the Sports Pack even if it means canceling one of the other packages I already have. I'd rather have Universal Sports than keep the HD extra package I have. I forgot to check while I was at the website but I believe the HD extra package is around 5.99 a month. That could go toward purchasing the Sports Pack!

I found a link about Universal Sports at DirecTV:

Universal Sports and the Sports Pack
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast