Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    ^^^
    UGH!

vCash
    My guess is that Adam was hoping to stay in Toronto because he was already comfortable there, but training every day on the same ice as Brian Orser was more stressful than he anticipated. Brian Orser is really invested in all his skaters, and to lose a skater for whatever reason has to be heartbreaking. There must have been some sadness on both sides, and that doesn't make for a positive training environment.

Going to a new rink is the breath of fresh air Adam needs to keep his skating moving forward, and based on Jeremy's tweets, it seems that he's already been welcomed with open arms. How great for him! And this only furthers my respect for Yuka and Jason, since they seem to be fostering a sense of real community and love for skating in their rink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by edonice View Post
    My guess is that Adam was hoping to stay in Toronto because he was already comfortable there, but training every day on the same ice as Brian Orser was more stressful than he anticipated. Brian Orser is really invested in all his skaters, and to lose a skater for whatever reason has to be heartbreaking. There must have been some sadness on both sides, and that doesn't make for a positive training environment.

Going to a new rink is the breath of fresh air Adam needs to keep his skating moving forward, and based on Jeremy's tweets, it seems that he's already been welcomed with open arms. How great for him! And this only furthers my respect for Yuka and Jason, since they seem to be fostering a sense of real community and love for skating in their rink.

vCash
    ^^^
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Jeremy Abbott
    My @Adaripp hashtag didn't work, so let's try again! #onetwo2012! @dscclub
    I am Beefcake, and I approve this message.

vCash
    ITA @edonice!

Thanks for that link, kwanette. Great to see that performance again -- so unexpected and enjoyable to watch. It was a good quality clip too.

Love your thinking LilJen and OrioleBeagle: A duet with Jeremy and Adam, and a trio performance with Jere, AdaRipp and Alissa. What lovely images such possibilities conjure. Maybe Denis Petukhov, or Shae Lynn Bourne, or Tom Dickson could do the choreography for such duet or trio programs.

Title-less
    vCash
    I've always thought that having a training partner could be a good thing for Jeremy. That competitive Colorado Springs environment was what helped him improve competitively (eventually)

vCash
    Jeremy is such a nice guy, so supportive of his competitors and quite gracious in defeat.

vCash
    I'm really starting to like Adam pairing w/ Jason Dungjen. Wasn't Jason the one who stripped down Alissa's jumps and made her technique better? Maybe he can do the same w/ Adam's 3x? Hopefully, he can also encourage Adam w/ the 4lutz or whichever quad Adam can complete...

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    His indecisiveness in finally settling on a coach is , in part, one of the things that infects his skating. I think it will take more than one season with his new coach to sort all this out.
    What indecisiveness?

He was literally abandoned by Morosov...taught himself the 3 axel...Paul Wylie helped him out a bit..and I suspect Paul helped with the Orser connection..I'm not blaming either Adam or Brian for their relationship not working out..and since neither is saying much..not a bad thing..we don't know what happened..If Adam is happy with Jason, good for him..Time will tell..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    What indecisiveness ss?

He was literally abandoned by Morosov...taught himself the 3 axel...Paul Wylie helped him out a bit..and I suspect Paul helped with the Orser connection..I'm not blaming either Adam or Brian for their relationship not working out..and since neither is saying much..not a bad thing..we don't know what happened..If Adam is happy with Jason, good for him..Time will tell..
    I am not sure what you are talking about? Allot of you on this site seam to think that the coach has some complete control over the skater. If you recall from the Orser breakup, it was pointed out that Adam did not want to take the advise from Orser on training, and in fact was in a disagreement about it. To me, if you don't do what your coach asks you to do, how in the hell can you hold them accountable. And if this was the trend with Orser, it was happening with the coach before, and the coach after. He is a very talented young man with great potential. My advise to him would be to listen and do what Jason wants him to do, and not think that he should do something differently. Then he can hold the coach responsible. If I were your coach and you didn't listen to my suggestions, I would abandon you as well.

Lets see, my teacher is a two time olympic silver medalist, but I don't like the homework assignments, so I switch teachers. Thats indecisiveness to me. Thats the way I see it, but maybe I am wrong, you tell me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgramerUSFS View Post
    I am not sure what you are talking about? Allot of you on this site seam to think that the coach has some complete control over the skater. If you recall from the Orser breakup, it was pointed out that Adam did not want to take the advise from Orser on training, and in fact was in a disagreement about it. To me, if you don't do what your coach asks you to do, how in the hell can you hold them accountable. And if this was the trend with Orser, it was happening with the coach before, and the coach after. He is a very talented young man with great potential. My advise to him would be to listen and do what Jason wants him to do, and not think that he should do something differently. Then he can hold the coach responsible. If I were your coach and you didn't listen to my suggestions, I would abandon you as well.

Lets see, my teacher is a two time olympic silver medalist, but I don't like the homework assignments, so I switch teachers. Thats indecisiveness to me. Thats the way I see it, but maybe I am wrong, you tell me?
    I don't recall any such thing. Can you provide a link? Did Orser say that? Adam?
    I always believe that if the plan isn't working, you change plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I don't recall any such thing. Can you provide a link? Did Orser say that? Adam?
    It has been talked about in the threads on FSU many times, and Phil Hersh stated in his story the following:

"Both Orser and Rippon attribute their split to differences in training philosophy after a 2011 season the skater began with an impressive victory at the Japan Open in September. Rippon faded slowly but inexorably after that."

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...otting/page/4/

This was confirmed in video interviews by Adam himself. Please tell me if I am wrong, but I have always thought based on everything I saw and read that Adam didn't agree with his coaches and their training, and has been seeking a coach that agrees with him? Seams logical to me, that if felt strongly about how I should be trained, and discounted my coaches past experience as something that worked for them, and will not work for me, then I might in fact do the same thing. But we all can't blame any coach about the changes. If this is the real case, it is poor coach selection by the skater. However if after a year, he feels the same about Jason, then maybe he should just do what Jason asks of him. Remember, repeating history over and over again, doesn't get you different results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I'm really starting to like Adam pairing w/ Jason Dungjen. Wasn't Jason the one who stripped down Alissa's jumps and made her technique better? Maybe he can do the same w/ Adam's 3x? Hopefully, he can also encourage Adam w/ the 4lutz or whichever quad Adam can complete...
    Yuka is the one with the single skating experiences. I would think she would be in better shape than Jason, who was never that consistent with the 3t and 2a during his eligible days, to break down a skater's technique on jumps. It just seem odd to me that Yuka is almost pushed to the sideline now when it comes to fans giving credits for Alissa and Jeremy's successes.

vCash
    It has been talked about in the threads on FSU many times, and Phil Hersh stated in his story the following:

"Both Orser and Rippon attribute their split to differences in training philosophy after a 2011 season the skater began with an impressive victory at the Japan Open in September. Rippon faded slowly but inexorably after that."

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...otting/page/4/

You're awfully prescriptive;I'd rethink some of your admonitions. Much of what is said in interviews and even by the skater himself may not be the entire story. Those statements are often carefully scripted to be the most diplomatic responses possible so that everyone can move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    You're awfully prescriptive;I'd rethink some of your admonitions. Much of what is said in interviews and even by the skater himself may not be the entire story. Those statements are often carefully scripted to be the most diplomatic responses possible so that everyone can move on.
    So since both Orser and Rippon said this same story to multiple press people, you think they carefully planned what they were going to say to the press, to make sure their stories were diplomatic in response? I know there has been such a history of skaters and coaches saying the right things to the press recently. I can see this now. I must have overlooked it before.

vCash
    So since both Orser and Rippon said this same story to multiple press people, you think they carefully planned what they were going to say to the press, to make sure their stories were diplomatic in response? I know there has been such a history of skaters and coaches saying the right things to the press recently. I can see this now. I must have overlooked it before.
    Both of them are represented by IMG. You don't think that they were both advised to be diplomatic?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Yuka is the one with the single skating experiences. I would think she would be in better shape than Jason, who was never that consistent with the 3t and 2a during his eligible days, to break down a skater's technique on jumps. It just seem odd to me that Yuka is almost pushed to the sideline now when it comes to fans giving credits for Alissa and Jeremy's successes.
    Not by me. Alissa has always been a lovely skater, but I see some of Yuka's smoothness and ethereal quality in her skating that wasn't there before. I think both Jason and Yuka have played a role. I personally think the calmness comes from Yuka and that is inherited from Mr. Sato. You see that calmness in Kozuka and it's beginning to show with Mao. They wouldn't be the right coaches for bubbly or aggressive personalities, but they are perfect for those who need to focus and not defeat themselves. I think this could work very well for Adam.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

Orser wanted Adam to do more off ice training. Adam didn't want to do that.
    He should have trusted orser imo, but that is moot now.

vCash
    But we all can't blame any coach about the changes. If this is the real case, it is poor coach selection by the skater. However if after a year, he feels the same about Jason, then maybe he should just do what Jason asks of him. Remember, repeating history over and over again, doesn't get you different results.
    Only Rippon knows what he needs from a coach and he's the one who has to deal with the consequences of his coaching change decisions. Fortunately, I don't think he (or any elite skater, really) feels the need to take any advice from anonymous posters online (or even, for that matter, from people he knows who say it to his face).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast