Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I always want my favorite skaters to be coached by Frank Carroll..but since Evan is coming back..I am glad that Adam is with Jason..I loved his interview, he is so gracious..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizziebeth View Post
    sidebar down the left side of the page says Evan Bates is teaming with Madison Chock.
    That's big news, but come to think of it, not surprising since they were at the same rink, right? Probably merits its own thread???

vCash
    I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? Saw he tried out Colorado Springs- thank goodness he didn't go there!

Interesting he was/is? living with Alissa- and not at all surprising she's a model-athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? Saw he tried out Colorado Springs- thank goodness he didn't go there!

Interesting he was/is? living with Alissa- and not at all surprising she's a model-athlete.
    I think that when you look at how many skaters Frank is coaching, even with assistants, that maybe, he wouldn't have had enough quality time to spend with Adam. I'm not surprised at all that he turned down this option.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    olympic, I've already posted the Chock/Bates news in the Samuelson/Bates split thread.

I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him?
    Or it could have been both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That would be very welcome. Especially as far as basics are concerned.
    Agreed. Hopefully, he can reclaim the 3x this way

vCash
    I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? S
    This quote from the recent Phil Hersh article..may have referred to Adam

HTML Code:
    Lysacek, who turned 26 on June 4, has not competed since the Vancouver Olympics. But throughout last winter, when he was on tour with Stars on Ice, the skater from Naperville frequently would call Carroll to say how much he missed skating and intensive training for competition. The coach sensed Lysacek was thinking about a comeback.

Another skater recently had asked Carroll about training with him. The coach would not take that skater if Lysacek wanted to try to compete again, so Carroll told Lysacek he needed to make a decision by mid-June.
    Last edited by Sedge; 06-29-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Tried to fix HTML quote format...no luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There's a short Q&A with Rippon at the end of this Detroit Free Press article (Jo-Ann Barnas chatted with him after practice on Tuesday): http://www.freep.com/article/2011062...85/1048/sports
    So much news in this article and much fodder for discussion. Found the remarks on Rippon, found the remarks on Bates/Chock. Where are the snarks, I mean remarks about that photo of jeremy?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    So much news in this article and much fodder for discussion. Found the remarks on Rippon, found the remarks on Bates/Chock. Where are the snarks, I mean remarks about that photo of jeremy?
    Feel free to snark or comment away in this thread in the Trash Can : Abbott goes blond!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    ^^^ This.
    I still don't see a lot of acrimony or indecisiveness in any of their statements.
    A difference of opinion regarding training styles is not uncommon, nor is it worthy of blaming anyone.
    Rock bands break up all the time when the members have conflicting artistic visions or goals. Why should elite sports be any different?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    This quote from the recent Phil Hersh article..may have referred to Adam

HTML Code:
    Lysacek, who turned 26 on June 4, has not competed since the Vancouver Olympics. But throughout last winter, when he was on tour with Stars on Ice, the skater from Naperville frequently would call Carroll to say how much he missed skating and intensive training for competition. The coach sensed Lysacek was thinking about a comeback.

Another skater recently had asked Carroll about training with him. The coach would not take that skater if Lysacek wanted to try to compete again, so Carroll told Lysacek he needed to make a decision by mid-June.
    Thanks for citing this. Obviously, this is the reason that Frank wouldn't take Adam. Evan is his first priority, as he should be, tho I would have loved to have seen Angel Boy with my favorite coach.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678